F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > GoodYear Eagle F1 ASY 2 RFTs
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #1
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
60
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New England

iTrader: (3)

GoodYear Eagle F1 ASY 2 RFTs

Hi All,

Just replaced all 4 tires on my 340. I have a 225/40/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 RFT with 8-9/32 left on it and a 255/35/19 with about 5-6/32 left on it. If anyone needs a front/rear tire for a lease turn in let me know! Located in Southern Maine.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 10:27 PM   #2
mountaineer10
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: '16 340i M Sport, THP. Old 228
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW in NE View Post
Hi All,

Just replaced all 4 tires on my 340. I have a 225/40/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 RFT with 8-9/32 left on it and a 255/35/19 with about 5-6/32 left on it. If anyone needs a front/rear tire for a lease turn in let me know! Located in Southern Maine.
What did you get? I've damaged 5 Eagle F1 run flats on Dallas potholes. Replaced 3 so far and have two fronts with bubbles. I will not bw buying any more F1's. Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
60
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New England

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW in NE View Post
Hi All,

Just replaced all 4 tires on my 340. I have a 225/40/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 RFT with 8-9/32 left on it and a 255/35/19 with about 5-6/32 left on it. If anyone needs a front/rear tire for a lease turn in let me know! Located in Southern Maine.
What did you get? I've damaged 5 Eagle F1 run flats on Dallas potholes. Replaced 3 so far and have two fronts with bubbles. I will not bw buying any more F1's. Any recommendations?
I actually replaced 4 fronts all from bubbles caused by pot holes in the last 3 years. I picked up a used set of potenza runflats to throw on the car until I turn it back in next month.

I can't stress enough how dissatisfied I am with these Goodyear runflat tires. You drive by a pothole and they bubble.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
tjlees
Major
England
317
Rep
1,409
Posts

Drives: F30 Chav Mobile
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer10 View Post
What did you get? I've damaged 5 Eagle F1 run flats on Dallas potholes. Replaced 3 so far and have two fronts with bubbles. I will not bw buying any more F1's. Any recommendations?
Yep Iím finding the F1 AS2s canít take the pole holes. My previous Bridgestones were far better - no issues what so ever. sport pilot 4s seem to be the ones to get.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #5
mountaineer10
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: '16 340i M Sport, THP. Old 228
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlees View Post
Yep Iím finding the F1 AS2s canít take the pole holes. My previous Bridgestones were far better - no issues what so ever. sport pilot 4s seem to be the ones to get.
Cheers. Thanks for confirming my sanity. I didn't think my driving could suddenly get that much worse.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 09:56 PM   #6
mountaineer10
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: '16 340i M Sport, THP. Old 228
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW in NE View Post
I actually replaced 4 fronts all from bubbles caused by pot holes in the last 3 years. I picked up a used set of potenza runflats to throw on the car until I turn it back in next month.

I can't stress enough how dissatisfied I am with these Goodyear runflat tires. You drive by a pothole and they bubble.
Yeah, sorry to hear that. I'm almost ready to go back to Audi for my next car after 2 BMWs with crap run flats in odd sizes. (If my car's tires just came in more common sizes, without costing significantly more in BMW sizes, maybe I would be ok with it).
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST