F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

09-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #8757
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalm32 View Post
Which version do you recommend for a CIC E90 with wireless AA?

What is the sound quality? I have an Android screen and the sound quality is very bad, I had to put an external sound card to improve the sound.

Thanks
If sound quality is the most important aspect to you, check out this thread: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852418
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 02:02 AM   #8758
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
If sound quality is the most important aspect to you, check out this thread: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852418
Interesting, is there a same device for NBT or Carlinkit is already supporting this? I don't have iphone so can't test lossless wireless streaming.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #8759
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Interesting, is there a same device for NBT or Carlinkit is already supporting this? I don't have iphone so can't test lossless wireless streaming.
It seems that it is only available for CIC and CCC HU's.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #8760
caroga
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hi everyone,

Which version should I need to update?
  • SDK version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
  • CUST version: B2_V1.5.10
  • MCU version: 21.6.7.116
  • HW version: BMW_NBT2_1_G

Also, would the audio bluetooth "hack" also work with an Android phone and Android Auto? If yes, how do I achieve streaming music over bluetooth and have Android Auto running?
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2021, 05:10 AM   #8761
HarryMrn
Estonia
Rep
Drives: F36

Hi

I just got Andream MMI box for my F36. 2015 NBT ID4. Everything works fine except that if I hold back button and want to use OEM menus MMI box forces itself back to CarPlay pretty much instantly.

Is it a bug or is it ment to do like this when carplay is connected?

If I disconnect carplay from phone, then everything works like charm in OEM menus. Its little bit annoying that I have to disconnect carplay for that.

I use OEM bluetooth calling and music ( I have Harman Kardon and MMI has terrible sound), so carplay basically is only for Waze traffic info and sometimes for navigation.

I have newest software,I belive.

SDK 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST B2_V1.5.10
MCU 21.6.7.116
HW BMW_NBT2_1_G
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 05:37 AM   #8762
eltech
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryMrn View Post
Hi
....if I hold back button and want to use OEM menus MMI box forces itself back to CarPlay ...
Switching between OEM and Car Play - long press on the "Menu" button. Long press on the "Back" button - reboots the MMI device. Read the instructions.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 05:53 AM   #8763
HarryMrn
Estonia
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltech View Post
Switching between OEM and Car Play - long press on the "Menu" button. Long press on the "Back" button - reboots the MMI device. Read the instructions.
There were no instructions in the box. I feel stupid, but thank you
Appreciate 1
eltech15.00
      09-21-2021, 09:55 AM   #8764
caroga
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hi everyone,
I can't seem to achieve this bluetooth hack thing with my android device. I see on youtube that people are able to stream music over bluetooth with OEM sound while also having the MMI box enabled/connected.

How do I do this?
Android phone with android auto, OEM bluetooth music.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 10:43 AM   #8765
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep

After a week with carlinkit 9.5.10 - I strongly recommend updating! Works perfectly, no bugs, no freezes, fast and even resolution is out of a box fine.

Last edited by yulian; 09-21-2021 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2021, 04:27 AM   #8766
xmax31
Rep
Drives: x5 f15 3.0d

Hi!
Andream unit A for NBT.
Used to run the custom firmware with no trouble at all. First with Android and now with Apple Car Play.
Just updated to v3.5.0.9.gpe.b
Runs smooth and no problem at all!!
      09-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #8767
Furbz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

for some reason my system refuses to recognise the ISPBOOOT.BIN file for the latest Carlinkit 9.5.10 software.
i just checked and used the same USB to update to 9.2.20.yl.b without any issues

the system just give me an error that it cannot see the ISPBOOT.BIN file.
bizarre

that said the 9.2.20 version is so much better than the custom version. works smoothly and no longer crashes. phone no longer stutters either.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #8768
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroga View Post
Hi everyone,
I can't seem to achieve this bluetooth hack thing with my android device. I see on youtube that people are able to stream music over bluetooth with OEM sound while also having the MMI box enabled/connected.

How do I do this?
Android phone with android auto, OEM bluetooth music.
I'm not being sarcastic, however are you sure that you have a factory Harmon Kardon sound system?

If the answer is yes, proceed to next steps..Even if you don't, the factory professional system sounds better than the android based one with phone calls AND music.

step 1 Is the cars MMI device set to use the cars bluetooth?

step 2 Is car "idrive" set to stream both phone AND music?

Make sure the MMI device is connected first, wifi AND bluetooth...then do the idrive system...

If you can stream music from your phone via Bluetooth, then after you change a few settings, Harmon Kardon sound will stream as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 10:34 AM   #8769
nico31
France
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Hi,
I've made the update to v3.5.0.9.gpe.b without any issues

Thanks for the update
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #8770
Furbz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbz View Post
for some reason my system refuses to recognise the ISPBOOOT.BIN file for the latest Carlinkit 9.5.10 software.
i just checked and used the same USB to update to 9.2.20.yl.b without any issues

bizarre

that said the 9.2.20 version is so much better than the custom version. works smoothly and no longer crashes. phone no longer stutters either.
changed out the USB and it worked.
bizarre. all other updates worked on the older USB. the lastest version needed a different USB
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 11:23 AM   #8771
AlexAnthony
Okurrr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d / 2021 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
Maybe the antenna wire on the box is disconnected?
Sorry this took me a while to get back to, my car ended up going in the shop for some work on the cooling system. I ended up taking everything apart and while the antenna did fall off where I attached the sticky part on my dashboard, it remained connected. I went ahead and disconnected/reconnected everything anyway, but still no dice. It's as if the unit isn't broadcasting the WiFi/Bluetooth signals now. I even tried another iPhone that had never been used with the car or this screen.

Maybe I have a dud??
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #8772
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAnthony View Post
Sorry this took me a while to get back to, my car ended up going in the shop for some work on the cooling system. I ended up taking everything apart and while the antenna did fall off where I attached the sticky part on my dashboard, it remained connected. I went ahead and disconnected/reconnected everything anyway, but still no dice. It's as if the unit isn't broadcasting the WiFi/Bluetooth signals now. I even tried another iPhone that had never been used with the car or this screen.

Maybe I have a dud??

You can check the wifi reception with an wifi scan app. For me I use Android Wifi Analyser, I see the transmitter of the MMI box named 'Carplay' in the 5GHz band. If your antenna ain't broken and you don't see a BT and a Wifi logon the phone you have a problem. If you have all the wires firm connected and the system is not working maybe the seller sent a new box, they have email.

Last edited by RAAF12; 09-22-2021 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2021, 03:32 AM   #8773
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbz View Post

bizarre

1. Be sure that you are using correct firmware for your hardware - "b" or "b2".
2. Try to update from 9.2.20 to 9.5.10 - it's possible that older version can't jump to 9.5.10;
3. Check MCU if 2 is not working (especially if you are using MCU from a "custom" firmware) - update to the latest one on a first page and than try to update to 9.5.10 again

Last edited by yulian; 09-23-2021 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #8774
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Question, last night I updated the software to the newest carlink software. I can confirm that the Harmon Kardon wireless hack, works as usual...My question is. anybody got a clue what Hicar map confirmation is in the MMI settings?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 11:01 AM   #8775
corduroy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 xDrive40e (F15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
Question, last night I updated the software to the newest carlink software. I can confirm that the Harmon Kardon wireless hack, works as usual...My question is. anybody got a clue what Hicar map confirmation is in the MMI settings?
HiCar is Huawei's Carplay/Android Auto alternative. I think it's only available in China.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 01:47 PM   #8776
matcelej
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 2012

Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic, however are you sure that you have a factory Harmon Kardon sound system?

If the answer is yes, proceed to next steps..Even if you don't, the factory professional system sounds better than the android based one with phone calls AND music.

Make sure the MMI device is connected first, wifi AND bluetooth...then do the idrive system...

If you can stream music from your phone via Bluetooth, then after you change a few settings, Harmon Kardon sound will stream as well.

Does that hack work also with usb connection? The sound stops playing through bluetooth when I connect the usb port to my iPhone.
Bluetooth in idribe menu is set to phone and music and in mmi it is set to use car bt.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #8777
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcelej View Post
Quote:

Does that hack work also with usb connection? The sound stops playing through bluetooth when I connect the usb port to my iPhone.
Bluetooth in idribe menu is set to phone and
music and in mmi it is set to use car bt.
Usually works with wireless, or plugging your phone directly into the MMI via the MMI"s usb connection not the cars...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 01:42 AM   #8778
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

In my case - I have Harman/Kardon but nbt bluetooth module supports only phone calls without any audio transmission. )
Appreciate 0