F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Brake pad options for m Performance brakes
ARMA SPEED

09-09-2021, 09:19 AM   #45
kilogram
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive

No one uses Stop Tech Sport pads? I've used them on everything I've owned since I tried them about 10 years ago. They're a really good street pad that can do some track duty. They dust, but the dust isn't sticky. Granted, I ceramic coated my wheels, but the dust mostly sprays off, and what's left wipes off quickly. Bite is better than OEM, and there's no squealing at all.

There was a brand new set of Akebono front pads in the trunk of my car when I bought it (I'm guessing because the stock pads were squealing really bad). I didn't even bother trying them (anyone want them?). The Stop Tech pads are cheap too, like $150 for both axles.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 02:58 PM   #46
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilogram View Post
No one uses Stop Tech Sport pads? I've used them on everything I've owned since I tried them about 10 years ago. They're a really good street pad that can do some track duty. They dust, but the dust isn't sticky. Granted, I ceramic coated my wheels, but the dust mostly sprays off, and what's left wipes off quickly. Bite is better than OEM, and there's no squealing at all.

There was a brand new set of Akebono front pads in the trunk of my car when I bought it (I'm guessing because the stock pads were squealing really bad). I didn't even bother trying them (anyone want them?). The Stop Tech pads are cheap too, like $150 for both axles.
I'm on the two piston rear caliper and considering a swap in pads. Do you know if there is much of a different between the Sport and Street pad for the stop techs?