F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 XHP flash
ARMA SPEED

02-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #331
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Is there an option with XHP to leave all of the stock trans mapping in place and ONLY remove the torque limiter in 3rd?

I flashed the BM3 TCU flash and really dislike the slower and laggy shifts. I’ve gotten very used to the stock trans and love the way it shifted, but I have the 3rd gear torque limiter. Hoping to find a solution that allows me to keep everything stock except the limiter.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 07:52 PM   #332
insane11
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
Is there an option with XHP to leave all of the stock trans mapping in place and ONLY remove the torque limiter in 3rd?

I flashed the BM3 TCU flash and really dislike the slower and laggy shifts. I’ve gotten very used to the stock trans and love the way it shifted, but I have the 3rd gear torque limiter. Hoping to find a solution that allows me to keep everything stock except the limiter.
Yea you can used stage 1.. Or you can used any stage with the stock shift point
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #333
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
anyone do the torque control and have success with an X drive car?

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #334
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
anyone do the torque control and have success with an X drive car?
Awd cars does not need torque limit
Maybe not needed but it's there.

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 06:58 AM   #335
zazoo
Rep
Drives: F30, N55, PWG

Hi. Please let me know if you have any advice on the xHP for zf8hp (N55) according to the needs below. Recently I downloaded stage3 and I like D and S with all the driving modes (Eco Plus, Comfort, Sport, Sport+), but I don't really like the Manual gear response speed time with Sport mode. The OEM map gives gear shift speed level 3 with all the modes on Manual (Comfort, Sport, and Sport+), while with xHP they are (Manual) something like: Comfort - 1 speed level; Sport - 2 speed level; Sport+ 3+ speed level. I used OEM Sport mode with Manual (paddle) option most of the time when cruising, but with xHP Sport mode I feel laggy shifts, so I have to use Sport+. But it's not so comfortable to use Sport+ when cruising in order just to have a faster paddle response - because in Sport+ the engine setup is more aggressive, plus some other options disappear (i.e. cruise control not available). Do you know if it's possible to make a custom correction for xHP Sport mode and change the Manual gear shift response speed level from 2 to 3 level? Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 07:04 AM   #336
zazoo
Rep

xHP states that Stock has one manual mode and xHP has 3. And they are 100% right - Stock has the same speed level 3 for all modes (Comfort, Sport, Sport+) and xHP has gear shift speed level 1 for Comfort, 2 for Sport and 3+ for Sport+. I'm thinking why it just can't be 3 for Sport (at least as a payable option so the customer could choose either 2 or 3 speed level on Sport manual) while Sport+ remains 3+ and Comfort 1. I believe this would be appreciated by a lot of Manual lovers - how do you think? Now xHP manual response time comparing to Stock is Slower(comfort), Slower(sport), Faster(sport+) but it could be Slower(comfort), the Same(sport), Faster(sport+). It still would be 3 different modes with xHP, but programmed in a different way, not Slower, Slower, Faster but Slower, Same, Faster. Just my thoughts, and what are yours (for those, who use Manual often)?
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2020, 10:01 AM   #337
zazoo
Rep

Good news - it's now supported on iOS. Here is from their Facebook page:

"3 important Updates!

#1. The All-New xHP is live on iOS.

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/xhp-fl...l/id1475112461
Licenses: https://shop.rbttuning.com

We just released the all-new xHP for iOS! It's not simply a port to iOS, it's a brand new App. We're very, very excited for that. Existing customers will be able to port all their purchases to this App. Just create a Login with your existing Google Play eMail as Username and everything will be restored from our servers. Once you open the app on iOS for the first time, there will be some help for that. Purchase and payment of Licenses does no longer happen in the App but at our new Webshop! (look further down, #3)

#2. Bye, bye Google Play Payments

In approx. one week, the new App will also come to Android and with it we'll be finally saying bye, bye to Google Play in-App Purchases. This is on the long-term wishlist as many users were plagued by Google's over-cautious and not so transparent fraud-protection system. We now have something better, which brings us to change #3!

#3. Launch of Webshop!

This very moment we launched our own Webshop at https://shop.rbttuning.com. xHP Flash License, xHP Map-Pack, xDelete Licenses are all in one spot now. This will be the one and only place to purchase Licenses for our Products from now on. Purchases within the Android App will still be possible in the next days, but once the new App is launched on Android as well, this option will be gone.

Everyone can buy Licenses and Maps already at the Store. The store creates voucher codes, which will be accepted by the new iOS and Android version. So the codes will work right now on iOS and in approx. one week on Android. Voucher Codes for xDelete will also work instant."
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      03-31-2020, 10:37 AM   #338
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazoo View Post

"3 important Updates!

We just released the all-new xHP for iOS! It's not simply a port to iOS, it's a brand new App. We're very, very excited for that. Existing customers will be able to port all their purchases to this App. Just create a Login with your existing Google Play eMail as Username and everything will be restored from our servers. Once you open the app on iOS for the first time, there will be some help for that. Purchase and payment of Licenses does no longer happen in the App but at our new Webshop! (look further down, #3)

In approx. one week, the new App will also come to Android and with it we'll be finally saying bye, bye to Google Play in-App Purchases. This is on the long-term wishlist as many users were plagued by Google's over-cautious and not so transparent fraud-protection system. We now have something better, which brings us to change #3!

#3. Launch of Webshop!

This very moment we launched our own Webshop at https://shop.rbttuning.com. xHP Flash License, xHP Map-Pack, xDelete Licenses are all in one spot now. This will be the one and only place to purchase Licenses for our Products from now on. Purchases within the Android App will still be possible in the next days, but once the new App is launched on Android as well, this option will be gone.

Everyone can buy Licenses and Maps already at the Store. The store creates voucher codes, which will be accepted by the new iOS and Android version. So the codes will work right now on iOS and in approx. one week on Android. Voucher Codes for xDelete will also work instant."
Awesome news. I assume we'll have to pick up some type of USB to lightning adapter for those of us who don't use the wireless adapter?
      03-31-2020, 01:52 PM   #339
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:

"3 important Updates!

#3. Launch of Webshop!

Awesome news. I assume we'll have to pick up some type of USB to lightning adapter for those of us who don't use the wireless adapter?
I've been using OBD to ethernet, and then ethernet to lightning with great success using xDelete. I was waiting for the iOS app so I'll let you know how it goes once I get my license!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 01:54 PM   #340
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
xHP states that Stock has one manual mode and xHP has 3. And they are 100% right - Stock has the same speed level 3 for all modes (Comfort, Sport, Sport+) and xHP has gear shift speed level 1 for Comfort, 2 for Sport and 3+ for Sport+. I'm thinking why it just can't be 3 for Sport (at least as a payable option so the customer could choose either 2 or 3 speed level on Sport manual) while Sport+ remains 3+ and Comfort 1. I believe this would be appreciated by a lot of Manual lovers - how do you think? Now xHP manual response time comparing to Stock is Slower(comfort), Slower(sport), Faster(sport+) but it could be Slower(comfort), the Same(sport), Faster(sport+). It still would be 3 different modes with xHP, but programmed in a different way, not Slower, Slower, Faster but Slower, Same, Faster. Just my thoughts, and what are yours (for those, who use Manual often)?
This would make xHP worth waaay more to me if this were to happen. I drive in comfort with other people in the car, sport most of the time myself going auto and manual, and then sport+ when I want to light the tires up lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 03:19 PM   #341
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
This would make xHP worth waaay more to me if this were to happen. I drive in comfort with other people in the car, sport most of the time myself going auto and manual, and then sport+ when I want to light the tires up lol.
Is anyone using "Throttle Blips M-Mode"? I's running Stage 3 and obviously there is some sort of default blip settings going on, but I was wondering if anyone was using custom settings and if so, what are your settings and why?
      03-31-2020, 08:18 PM   #342
bmw5858
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i 2018

I'm having the bm3 stage 2 93 octane on my car and also the bm3 TCU flash. I'd XHP a lot better than the bm3 transmission tune?

By better I mean, Is it really faster? Any 0-100km/h tested to confirm it is better?

Any sound video of the blip?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:42 PM   #343
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5858 View Post
I'm having the bm3 stage 2 93 octane on my car and also the bm3 TCU flash. I'd XHP a lot better than the bm3 transmission tune?

By better I mean, Is it really faster? Any 0-100km/h tested to confirm it is better?

Thanks guys!
Night and day compared to BM3 TCU flash.
      03-31-2020, 10:39 PM   #344
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys!
Quote:

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys!
yeah, night in day in how it feels. Is it really faster? i dunno, im not seeing it in my dragpy times.
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 07:41 AM   #345
bmw5858
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys!
Quote:

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys!
yeah, night in day in how it feels. Is it really faster? i dunno, im not seeing it in my dragpy times.
So how is it night and day if it's not faster on draggy? Lol this is like a placebo effect?

Thinking it's faster because it's a lot more hard on shift..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 08:47 AM   #346
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys!
Quote:

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys!
So how is it night and day if it's not faster on draggy? Lol this is like a placebo effect?

the difference in shift speeds in the real world are so small it's not really a big deal. like i said, the shift logic changes make it feel night and day.
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 12:40 PM   #347
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:

Its more about the refinement than the speed. The xHP flash is just more developed than the BM3 one; it has been around longer.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #348
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Give it a whirl and report back.
      04-02-2020, 08:25 AM   #349
bmw5858
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah would like to, but was wondering if it worth the 400$ for it.. interested for sure in it!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #350
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah would like to, but was wondering if it worth the 400$ for it.. interested for sure in it!
Resently I had my Car updated with software at the dealership. After that I drove with OEM setting for about 2 weeks.
I then coded xHP again and with the latest updates.
And I can tell you it's worth it. Really felt the difference. Much smoother shifts at normal driving and more crisp at spirited driving.
Can only recommend it!

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #351
SystemOfUrdaW
Tom2TerrE
Canada
Rep
Drives: BmW 340i Xdrive 2016

Anyone tried both XHP and Alpina Transmission flashtool???
Can you give a lil review/comparison Please
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #352
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Is the price for xHP license and map pack really $240? Is there anything needed outside of those 2 if I already have a wifi dongle that I use with bimmercode? I'm not sure why but I remember seeing pricing around $500-600 and now I'm very confused lol.
Appreciate 0