F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dorch engineering stage 1 hpfp
GetBMWParts

03-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
listed5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 M3 DCT black/bamboo

I was one of those lucky enough to pick this up in the pre-release sale! I already had a pure stage 2 turbo, fuel-it lpfp, and fuel-it PI (utilizing an aic-6 and JB4). I've had tons of high rpm issues with the factory hpfp crashing before the PI could compensate. So much so, that I map 4'd the JB4 and have just been running a stage 1 OTS map from bootmod3.

My car: 2013 335i 8AT RWD
Mods: pure stage 2, bootmod3, fuel-it lpfp, Fuel-It PI, JB4/aic6 combo, precision racing coils, and all supporting mods.

I did this in the parking lot of my condo. The install took me about 4 hours, which included several breaks for pictures and going inside to get tools as necessary. If you haven't replaced your intake manifold or oil filter housing gaskets in the last 3 years; I recommend doing so now! I also replaced the cam follower. The instructions were from a 5 series (I think?), but still highly applicable. Follow them to a T with each step! The one thing they didn't mention was fuel system discharge. I removed trunk located fuse: 165 (f30 335i) and let the car run until it shut off. I had no problems with the fitment, and did not have to readjust the hpfp for fuel line attaching after initially installing it to the recommended torque specs.

After checking for leaks and buttoning the car up, I loaded the bootmod3 stage 2H OTS tune and selected the appropriate boxes. Cranked the car twice for about 10 seconds each round and let it sit over night (I have uptight neighbors and it was getting late). Came out the next morning and it started right up! I have a random DSC code now and something with steering angle sensor, but hopefully an online recode will correct that?

The drive: this thing rips!! Haven't been able to log, but it revs right through the range-all of the way to redline on the stage 2H map. I had trouble doing this for more than one gear on a stage 1 tune and the factory hpfp. This solved a problem I've been dealing with for several years!

Dorch Engineering: the quality finish, packaging, and competence of this kit are ALL top notch! Even the replacement high pressure line looks OEM! I can't say anything about longevity; obviously this is very new, but I see no reason it would last as long as the competition. Chris Dorch was also great to work with! Answered all of my questions at time of purchase and was very interactive. Definitely give him a thumbs up
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ronanz1819.50
ZM22809.00
      03-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
listed584.50
      03-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Nice, I’ve got one of these on the shelf to go on my M2 soon!
Appreciate 1
listed584.50
      12-27-2020, 05:09 AM   #4
socalengineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640i F13 Alpine White

Did you install a Dorch Stage 1 or Dorch Stage 2 HPFP for use with the Pure Stage 2 turbos?

What gas are you running? How much power do you plan on putting down?
Appreciate 0