F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Service cancelled
Extreme Powerhouse

04-01-2020, 06:36 AM   #1
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Service cancelled

Oil service is due 03/2020 according to iDrive and car was booked in last month but dealer cancelled due to coronavirus and rescheduled for mid April. Whether that will happen or not I don't know but seems unlikely. Is there going to be an issue from BMW FS when I hand the car back (in 2022) about service schedule not being kept to?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:43 AM   #2
C320
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo S, X5 40i, XC90 T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
Oil service is due 03/2020 according to iDrive and car was booked in last month but dealer cancelled due to coronavirus and rescheduled for mid April. Whether that will happen or not I don't know but seems unlikely. Is there going to be an issue from BMW FS when I hand the car back (in 2022) about service schedule not being kept to?
There should be no issue, so long as you can get it serviced once this issue is resolved.

3 months appears to the timeframe most people are working on for a sense of normality, however it all depends upon how things go.

Interestingly, I just got this email from Westerly BMW today, which addresses your question: "All cars serviced within 3 months or 2,000 miles (whichever is earlier) of the service indicator will still be protected by any applicable warranty."

BMW WARRANTY AND SERVICE PACK UPDATE.

Dear Customers,

BMW and Westerly Group are committed to supporting our customers affected by the temporary closure of our centres during the enforced Coronavirus restrictions. As such the below measures have been put in place to aid our service customers during this period of uncertainty.

Customers requiring a service.

Our vehicles use condition based servicing (CBS) to actively monitor when your vehicle requires a service. To maintain the BMW warranty customers should ensure their vehicle is serviced as close as possible to the expected service schedule. However, we understand due to the current enforced closures this will not be possible.

If your vehicle is due a service during the closures enforced by Coronavirus you can be rest assured that your warranty will be unaffected by the disruption. All cars serviced within 3 months or 2,000 miles (whichever is earlier) of the service indicator will still be protected by any applicable warranty.

Customers with a warranty due to expire.

If your warranty is due to expire during the Coronavirus closures (applicable 14th March 2020 onwards), BMW will extend your warranty coverage until 30th June 2020. End of warranty checks during this period will also be fulfilled.

Customers with a Service Pack due to expire.

If your BMW ‘Service Inclusive’ service pack is due to expire between 14th March and 30th June 2020 BMW will honour any existing service due under the pack during the Coronavirus closures.
Appreciate 1
strike4A513.00