F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Used OEM part advice?
ARMA SPEED

07-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

Used OEM part advice?

Just upgraded a bunch of stuff in my car:

Intake
DP
Charge pipe
HPFP
Vargas GC turbo

While back I also upgraded to Dinan springs and bump stops.

All original parts are sitting around. My car was a lease but I bought it after the lease so no
Need to lease return. Should I keep them as back up? I can't really imagine a scenario where I'll need the OEM parts. Am I missing anything? Even if something were to break I'd likely replace it with a new aftermarket part rather than revert to OEM, right?

I'm probably going to sell just want to make sure I consider all the options before selling and being stuck without a part I might need in the future.

Also, what do you guys think are fair prices for these things?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post

Intake
DP
Charge pipe
HPFP
Vargas GC turbo

All original parts are sitting around. My car was a lease but I bought it after the lease so no
Need to lease return. Should I keep them as back up? I can't really imagine a scenario where I'll need the OEM parts. Am I missing anything? Even if something were to break I'd likely replace it with a new aftermarket part rather than revert to OEM, right?

I'm probably going to sell just want to make sure I consider all the options before selling and being stuck without a part I might need in the future.

I'd keep the stock downpipe and turbo at least. Those are worth $$.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #3
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
Quote:

Intake
DP
Charge pipe
HPFP
Vargas GC turbo

If they're worth money, shouldn't I sell them? Or do you mean they're hard to find so worth keeping? Just wondering what type of need may arise that I might need them…
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
Quote:

Intake
DP
Charge pipe
HPFP
Vargas GC turbo

If they're worth money, shouldn't I sell them? Or do you mean they're hard to find so worth keeping? Just wondering what type of need may arise that I might need them…
The latter. I feel like stock emissions stuff will be harder to come by. Could hold onto it and sell it for a pretty penny down the road. I sold my stock DP and kinda regret it if I ever want to sell to someone/dealer that doesn't want the extra loud.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
Ifellapart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Intake and Cat is something to really hold onto incase of any changes in emission laws in your state. Or if you already live in cali, you should definitely keep it or you're fucked.
      07-24-2021, 08:12 AM   #6
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Like mentioned, either keep them for emission law reasons, or sell them for cash.

I have a hard time letting "good" parts just be tossed, so I tend to have a shelf in the garage that literally stores them until I sell a car and then they go in the trash. Right now, it's building with my 340 parts.

Some things just aren't worth anything (like swapping out grills), but turbos and DP's (where the catalytic converter is) are.
Appreciate 1
Genieman244.00
      07-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #7
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
Like mentioned, either keep them for emission law reasons, or sell them for cash.

I have a hard time letting "good" parts just be tossed, so I tend to have a shelf in the garage that literally stores them until I sell a car and then they go in the trash. Right now, it's building with my 340 parts.

Some things just aren't worth anything (like swapping out grills), but turbos and DP's (where the catalytic converter is) are.
Yea I have a stock hpfp, stock turbo, stock DP, stock intake and charge pipes, stock springs. Might look into selling some of them.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 10:39 AM   #8
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Yea I have a stock hpfp, stock turbo, stock DP, stock intake and charge pipes, stock springs. Might look into selling some of them.
Intake, charge pipe and springs will be a tough sell. Only people that will really want those are people that tossed their OEM and need to return to stock to sell the car (low market). But the hpfp, turbo, dp people will want.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 08:16 AM   #9
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Sell it all and buy some wheels and tires
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:06 PM   #10
blacksapphire440i
Novice
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifellapart View Post
Intake and Cat is something to really hold onto incase of any changes in emission laws in your state. Or if you already live in cali, you should definitely keep it or you're fucked.
Can't you have someone bypass your smog for your car in Cali? even if youre catless or not
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 06:12 PM   #11
vektorprime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440xi

Sorry to change subject, but I am looking into getting the vargas turbo along with HPFP. Do you mind answering a few questions?

How's the speed?
Did you dyno?
Did you go with the GC or GC+?
Are you on 93 octane or using ethenol?
Is the charge pipe required?
Which HPFP did you go with?
Daily driver?

I like the numbers I see of WMI, but I am looking for something more reliable, which it sounds like you have.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #12
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorprime View Post
Sorry to change subject, but I am looking into getting the vargas turbo along with HPFP. Do you mind answering a few questions?

How's the speed?
Did you dyno?
Did you go with the GC or GC+?
Are you on 93 octane or using ethenol?
Is the charge pipe required?
Which HPFP did you go with?
Daily driver?

I like the numbers I see of WMI, but I am looking for something more reliable, which it sounds like you have.
I have the GC, 93 octane custom tune by Cary Jordan (tune in process) no wmi. Not sure if charge pipe is required but I got one, i didn't want to blow the stock one with extra boost. I have a dorch stg 1. Never dyno'd. Feels fast but it's super smooth so there is no sudden jolt so I think it feels slower than it is because acceleration is very linear past full spool. I have a dragy and need to time it but there has been too much traffic on local roads and I can't find a good place to do 60-130 runs. Eventually I'd also like to get an E tune.
Appreciate 0