F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream Head Unit that is NOT Android Based
Extreme Powerhouse

09-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #89
JJDontPLAY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
I've had the 10.25" Andream HU installed since December 2020 and overall I think its a worthwhile investment. Yeah the Wifi/BT CarPlay is inconsistent and sometimes it may bug out and glitch, but the USB CarPlay connection is pretty solid and the sound quality to me in both the Wifi/wired connections seem pretty good. I'm an iPhone guy though and all I wanted was a bluetooth audio functionality when I bought it. I didn't even know these Android units existed and either way I probably would never use em.

Also, I would be careful with the firmware updates and the support people at Andream are probably actually looking out for you if they say you don't need an update. They convinced me to update my unit a few months back because I complained to them about the BT connectivity issue. That whole process had my HU crashing and freezing up on me almost non-stop for over a month. I was about to really remove it from my dash and throw it out until one day I was just bored messing with some of the factory settings and I was able to switch something in the display features that finally solved my issue. That firmware experience has got me never wanting to plug a flash drive into my unit's USB port again haha
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #90
ravid007
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport

I have a question about the HU and the original radio.
If you are listening to the original car's radio and navigating with Waze, are you able to switch radio stations with the 1-8 buttons?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #91
Mircea-
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_97 View Post
Hey fellows,

figured this is the appropiate thread to post this.
After updating my unit with the instructions from Andream support I now get this screen after boot. The QR code Saying: LZH_BMW:34694A006DC3AA06AA3926AA604499

Does anyone have an Idea where to get this Pin^^

Thanks in advance and regards from Bavaria,
Markus

Edit: Short review: Overall pretty happy with this head unit. Had some Bluetooth connection issues where the phone sometimes would not automatically connect. Also the brightness setting can be a pain in the ass. It often is to bright in the dark und to dim during the day. Then you have to manually adjust in the settings.
Hi,

Where did you get this pin from eventually? I did a software upgrade on mine and I am encountering the same screen
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 01:21 PM   #92
Jason1500
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I

Microphone issues

Hi all,
I just installed this unit in my 2013 F30 and the mic is not working well at all. It has not once interpreted my commands properly. My understanding is that it uses the Andream mic, not the car mic when I talk to siri, and the siri icon will react to speech, but does not understand a thing. If I try to use Waze or Google maps, the mic doesn't even pick up any audio. When I switch back to the BMW nav and speak, it properly uses the BMW mic and understands my nav commands. I'm wondering if others have the same issue with the Andream mic, and is there any way to switch it to use the BMW mic? I can't seem to find a software setting for it, and I've had 3 back and forth emails with Andream and all they tell me is to unplug the big connector and plug it back in (I've checked, I don't have any bent pins), plus if it's using the Andream mic it would not be affected by a bent pin. Thanks for any learnings you can share.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:55 PM   #93
Jason1500
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I

The code on mine is 1368, try that one for yours. I got it from a Youtube video.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:35 PM   #94
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_97 View Post
Hey fellows,

figured this is the appropiate thread to post this.
After updating my unit with the instructions from Andream support I now get this screen after boot. The QR code Saying: LZH_BMW:34694A006DC3AA06AA3926AA604499

Does anyone have an Idea where to get this Pin^^

Thanks in advance and regards from Bavaria,
Markus

Edit: Short review: Overall pretty happy with this head unit. Had some Bluetooth connection issues where the phone sometimes would not automatically connect. Also the brightness setting can be a pain in the ass. It often is to bright in the dark und to dim during the day. Then you have to manually adjust in the settings.
I was having some issues with my Ewaying / Andream screen. They sent me a different software version . After updating i encountered the same 2D encryption screen. I tried 1368, 1234 and 0000. Nothing worked. Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:59 AM   #95
baldy33
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F34

the same issue here, after fw upgrade i was asked for pin. I tried with 1368 but doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 08:06 AM   #96
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy33 View Post
the same issue here, after fw upgrade i was asked for pin. I tried with 1368 but doesn't work.
I contacted them with the 2d code this morning. And they replied with the code, which worked. It's 197786. Let me know if it works for you
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #97
aniall8
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I installed this unit this morning. Installation very straight forward thats to a few YouTube videos. The one from Car Noob on YouTube was very helpful. My car did not have the green fibre optic cable mentioned in this video and others but audio seems to be working fine.

The only issue I have is people cannot hear me when I make or receive calls. Anyone else have this issue or know a solution?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #98
aniall8
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniall8 View Post
I installed this unit this morning. Installation very straight forward thats to a few YouTube videos. The one from Car Noob on YouTube was very helpful. My car did not have the green fibre optic cable mentioned in this video and others but audio seems to be working fine.

The only issue I have is people cannot hear me when I make or receive calls. Anyone else have this issue or know a solution?
UPDATE: really pleased with the upgrade and everything working really well. I contacted Andream and they explained how to resolve my previous issue. I have to disconnect my Bluetooth connection with the original BMW system. That way it will now use the Andream mic which is a pity because it is not as good as built in mic.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #99
pain3233
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Hello together,
I also own this version of the display. In itself I am very satisfied, but in the past I had problems with my Carplay not connecting. I had to go in and out of flight mode a few times. So I contacted support and they sent me a new software version. I then installed it. Now, however, I have the problem that WIFI is no longer displayed. Unfortunately, the support team can't really help me any more, as I don't think they understand my problem. I noticed that the default password now only has 4 digits. Could it be because it does not comply with the WPA2/WPA3 standards? Have any of you had similar experiences? Greetings Chris
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 02:09 PM   #100
inigoale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 328d 150cv lci

hello.
I am thinking of buying an andream with a 8.8 screen with carplay and I would like to know if the wireless works well with an iphone se 2020 and it does not have disconnections, I would not like to buy it and be connecting it by cable.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 01:59 AM   #101
ruimrb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed Auto

Guys do you know if the Android Auto works wirelessly?
And using Android is there any way to change to BMW BT during calls in order to use the default mic?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 11:44 AM   #102
trumani
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
I contacted them with the 2d code this morning. And they replied with the code, which worked. It's 197786. Let me know if it works for you
What version of firmware did you install? I didn't purchase from andream, but do have a copy of an upgrade firmware but have been sitting on it for this very potential reason. Glad I waited. Hopefully if it's the same version I'll have more confidence to move forward with the upgrade.

Also, did you upgrade to improve something? I'm hoping the upgrade will fix automatic wireless apple carplay connection which currently does not work. I have to go in and manually connect to the bluetooth every time to "trigger" wireless carplay.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 05:26 AM   #103
bernardo.fortes
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d

For anyone interested, I have the Andream F30 reverse camera that I won't use.

Acutally, I've tried installing it and the process of passing the cable all the way to the front of the car is way beyond my patience.

If anybody is interested, just ping me.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 09:21 AM   #104
Bobbych
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 series 320d 2010

Hi all, I have a CIC E90 with the small 6.5" screen and I have been reading this thread to get all the knowledge I need, but just a couple of Questions

once I install the new 8.8" screen, does it stretch the OEM Screen to 8.8" with no issues, as I have seen on other posts, people saying the screen looks 'stretched' and distorted.

if someone has done the upgrade on the E90 from 6.5 to 8.8 can they post a pic of the OEM screen?

second, I understand with the AUX selected, either Manually or auto, I cannot listen to OEM Radio whilst in Android AUto mode? I want to hear the NAV Callouts, so need to be in AUX mode I assume?

so as I cannot have OEM Radio, can i have something such as Spotify, or Internet Radio playing, and also hear NAV callouts? that would work for me?

cheers in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 05:14 PM   #105
Spartanrob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbych View Post
Hi all, I have a CIC E90 with the small 6.5" screen and I have been reading this thread to get all the knowledge I need, but just a couple of Questions

once I install the new 8.8" screen, does it stretch the OEM Screen to 8.8" with no issues, as I have seen on other posts, people saying the screen looks 'stretched' and distorted.

if someone has done the upgrade on the E90 from 6.5 to 8.8 can they post a pic of the OEM screen?

second, I understand with the AUX selected, either Manually or auto, I cannot listen to OEM Radio whilst in Android AUto mode? I want to hear the NAV Callouts, so need to be in AUX mode I assume?

so as I cannot have OEM Radio, can i have something such as Spotify, or Internet Radio playing, and also hear NAV callouts? that would work for me?

cheers in advance
Would like to add some questions as I’m getting read to pull the trigger on the Andream for my e93 2013 335i convertible.

My factory Bluetooth does not work well at all, can you strictly use the Andream BT for calls? And what about the Andream internal mic, how is it?

Has it been determined if you can use the CIC radio (for local stations) AND the Andream CarPlay for navigation?

Last edited by Spartanrob; 02-16-2022 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 08:31 AM   #106
Bobbych
Private
Rep

I took the plunge, I bought a unit from Aliexpress, so I will see when it arrives how it works and figure it out for myself

I have read there is a way to code out the Aux, so I will see if I can do that

link to item purchased
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 08:33 AM   #107
Spartanrob
Enlisted Member
Rep

I took the plunge as well, purchased the Andream MMI 🤞🏻
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 09:00 AM   #108
Bobbych
Private
Rep

mine is going into my E90 (yes wrong part of the forum) but i couldnt find any info on these units in the E90 fourm
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 09:05 AM   #109
Spartanrob
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbych View Post
mine is going into my E90 (yes wrong part of the forum) but i couldnt find any info on these units in the E90 fourm
Mine is going into an e93
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 09:57 AM   #110
terto
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d, F30

Hi,

I purchased an Andream Wireless Carplay unit from android-car-dvd. de a while back and I have encountered a rather frustrating issue with navigation instructions while using Spotify. The navigation instructions mute the music played by Spotify, then after the prompt it resumes the music. Really annoying. It does not happen while using the same phone in other Carplay cars. In other cars, it turns down the music during the prompt and then increases the music to the volume when the prompt is completed. This is what I'm looking for

It's the same issue regardless of which navigation app I'm using. Google Maps, Apple Maps or Waze. Same issue with the Andream Wireless Carplay unit, not with other cars.

I thought a firmware update of the unit would fix the issue, but it did not.

Settings in Google Maps: "Play over Bluetooth" = Yes, "Play as Bluetooth phone call"=Yes (does not make a difference what I choose)

Settings in Apple Maps: " Navigation instructions pause podcasts" = No. (does not make a difference what I choose)

Setting in Waze: "Pause spoken sound" = No

Phone: Iphone 8, ios 15.3.1

Does anyone have a solution to this frustrating issue?

If anyone is interested here is the latest firmware I received from android-car-dvd. de support (dated 20211111): https://mega.nz/file/umQWlBQS#EQasnz...iMDGzZ0vrfLdmc

Upgrade steps:
1.Format the USB disk (FAT32)
2.Download and unzip the file.
3.Copy the file 'ARKSDLDR.bin' to USB disk first, then copy the remaining other files to USB disk and begin to upgrade.
4.Plug the USB disk to USB port, then start the device, the file will be detected automatically.
5.after finish the upgrade, the screen will enter main menu, click '取消',remove the USB disk.

update password is: 587832 or 933289

Last edited by terto; 03-27-2022 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0