F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > Axle Support Bracket Bearing?
ARMA SPEED

08-02-2023, 03:47 PM   #1
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Axle Support Bracket Bearing?

Hey guys, quick question on the axle support bracket - 31508653616, which attaches to the front diff and the passenger axle goes through.

Does anyone know if there is a bearing inside of this? I have a mysterious howling noise and no one can seem to figure out where it's coming from.

I am on Bilstein B14 coilovers with the front maxxed out. My theory is that being lowered, it has placed stress on a bearing in the axle support bracket or simply the pinion bearings in the front diff are pitted/toast. New wheel bearings and center support bearing. I just picked up a front diff but would rather not have to replace it if its something else.

I was told the bearing is not serviceable, but I came across this bearing kit for sale.

https://www.auto-doc.ie/febest/11568191
Attached Images

Appreciate 0