F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Throttle Body Adaptation Reset with MPPK
Studio RSR

03-16-2019, 06:56 AM   #1
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32 6MT (MPPK, MPE)

Throttle Body Adaptation Reset with MPPK

I was hoping someone could help me with this question on throttle body adaptation.

I’ve recently started experiencing a reduced throttle response from my throttle pedal on my 435i. I have no idea why. I have the mppk installed and it is a 6MT. Throttle response has been great for ages and if anything I have been driving more aggressively recently. I first noticed it when it started to take a little more throttle input to get going after changing gear but I really started to notice it when my throttle blips on downchanges which I have imbedded in my muscle memory wern’t raising the rpm high enough anymore. It seems that the first cm or two of throttle travel now does nothing and the rest of the throttle response is reduced.

I’ve read about throttle body adaptation reset elsewhere online. Apparently you put the pedal to the floor and turn the ignition (not the engine) on and wait 30 secs. Then you turn the ignition off, release the pedal and wait two minutes.

This is supposed to temporarily reset the throttle adaptation to some default setting and may solve the lag. Does this still work for mppk cars? As in will it reset the adaptation to the default for the mppk (so still more aggressive than the stock map)? I don’t want to do it if it may make the problem worse. Anyone have any ideas as to why I am experiencing these symptoms?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Try it, it won't harm anything.....but similarly it is not the cure people talk about. One of those internet myths.
Appreciate 0