F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tyre & suspension upgrades
proTUNING Freaks

03-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Garage List
Tyre & suspension upgrades

Finally worn out the P Zero run flats on the back after 15k miles so I took the opportunity to switch to non run flats. I've changed out all four for a set of Michelin PS4S' and put an airman mobility kit in the boot.

I've only just fitted them so they're still scrubbing in. Got them set at 2.7 bar at the front and 2.8 rear at the moment, they are obviously an improvement in ride quality over the Pirelli's. Maybe not as drastic as I was expecting given the feedback on here but I think that'll be down to the limited sidewall on the 20" wheels. Only got around 50 miles on them but already they are a massive improvement in the wet. I'll push them more as I get the miles in. They also look much better on the wheels than the P Zero's which looked a bit stretched, the sidewall on these is nice and square. The rears look ever so slightly streched compared to the fronts which makes them look a bit smaller but it really is minimal. A 255 is the max for an 8.5J rim but I'd say a 265 would look perfect on the back.

Also ordered a Bilstein B14 PSS coilover kit which arrived last week, I'm booked in next month at Revolution in Gateshead to have it fitted and have a four wheel alignment carried out. This will give me a few weeks to try out the tyres first before upgrading the suspension. I'm expecting a firm ride but less harsh and crashy compared to the standard set up with run flats. Still need a set of spacers but cant decide between 10/12mm or 12/15mm.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13294.50
      03-17-2019, 05:22 AM   #2
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BMW View Post
Looks good. Do,you have active or passive dampers atm? I have passive on a 335dx and added eibachs only to be really disappointed. It’s dropped and takes corners flatter but the lateral bounce is off putting.
I've got the passive, non adaptive suspension. I did suspect I would end up changing it at some point so didn't bother selecting the adaptive option when ordering the car.
Appreciate 0