F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > New Car Orders - Trade In??
GetBMWParts

07-27-2021, 05:55 AM   #45
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Taycan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by D69GMB View Post
Honestly think the X5s that they have will be stupid money and the ones I saw when I was in were all 70 plates. The deal that I was initially looking at was on a 530d touring that was in the showroom and the figures they produced for that made me actually burst out laughing :confused0068. I am sure you will get something worked out with them, haggle hard as they say.
Yeah it's funny you should say that because I was literally just playing about with the online configurator looking at X5's. You can order the same spec. of X5 online for less than what they are asking - costs £100 more but you get new car % rather than used car % on your finance so works out less.

They are pre-reg 70 plates - all the exact same spec. (all 16 - just pick your colour). They must have got them for a song and if they passed on the savings I could be interested in talking but as things stand they look a terrible package.

I'm pretty straight up about what I'm after so really depends if they want to do a deal, at face value I don't think I'm being unrealistic but I make that statement aware of the fact that there are a few variables at play that I can't influence.

I did notice that neither M Seats (which you also have to take lumbar support with) or carbon trim add a single penny to the GFV of an X3 so I think that I'd look to put cash in to cover the cost of that rather than bundle into finance (I know it doesn't straight up work like that but sits better with me!).
Appreciate 1
D69GMB463.00
      07-27-2021, 06:16 AM   #46
D69GMB
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyrshireColin View Post
Yeah it's funny you should say that because I was literally just playing about with the online configurator looking at X5's. You can order the same spec. of X5 online for less than what they are asking - costs £100 more but you get new car % rather than used car % on your finance so works out less.

They are pre-reg 70 plates - all the exact same spec. (all 16 - just pick your colour). They must have got them for a song and if they passed on the savings I could be interested in talking but as things stand they look a terrible package.

I'm pretty straight up about what I'm after so really depends if they want to do a deal, at face value I don't think I'm being unrealistic but I make that statement aware of the fact that there are a few variables at play that I can't influence.

I did notice that neither M Seats (which you also have to take lumbar support with) or carbon trim add a single penny to the GFV of an X3 so I think that I'd look to put cash in to cover the cost of that rather than bundle into finance (I know it doesn't straight up work like that but sits better with me!).
I had a look at X5s that were sitting as well but to be honest I was shocked at the condition of them, covered in bird bombs and stoor . I always wonder what happens to cars like this that are just sat about depreciating, surely nobody would buy these over a new car?. I honestly couldn’t believe the figures that they provided for the 530d
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 06:26 AM   #47
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
I had a look at X5s that were sitting as well but to be honest I was shocked at the condition of them, covered in bird bombs and stoor . I always wonder what happens to cars like this that are just sat about depreciating, surely nobody would buy these over a new car?. I honestly couldn’t believe the figures that they provided for the 530d
They were clearly bought at a good price. They will sit there, getting a cursory wash once a week, until they get a price they are happy with or until the space they are taking up could better be used by something else...

In today's market then, the former!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 05:30 AM   #48
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
Quote:

I had a look at these just out of interest, and I think pricing reflects the current market as these look expensive compared to a few months back. Coupled with the finance rates they're not all that appealing unless you're maybe a cash buyer and can't afford to wait 6 months for a factory order.

If I go back to April when I placed my order, there was a lightly optioned pre-reg M50d available that I passed up on. It had 50 miles on the clock and was up for £57,500 and that was on a 5.9% deal at the time. The prices being given for trade-in or used stock have to reappear somewhere, but unless they're able to knock a chunk off that sticker price these don't look like a deal to me.
      08-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #49
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

So I’ve finally discussed some figures (delay due to holidays and working days). Off the bat the figures kinda work but (and it’s quite a big but) they have no idea when they would be able to get a car.

As things stand/at time of writing there are zero build slots available for LCI X3’s available in the UK. They would be willing to lock my trade-in value as it is today for any delivery this calendar year but don’t know if it’s achievable to get a car this calendar year. Beyond the turn of the year they will guarantee my current equity going forward and if the used market holds I win (monthly payments being made = lower settlement = higher equity), if the market softens I could still win as long as I’m paying back at a rate quicker than I’m depreciating and if the market drops back down to ‘normal’ (whatever that is) I’m worst case sitting with the equity I have right now.

So I need to think some things over. Obviously I could win or lose but that all equates to ££ for me!

The salesman is going to do an order and just see if he car get anything else by way of build/delivery dates - no commitment from me as it wouldn’t actually be going into production any time soon by the looks of things.

Must be a bitch trying to sell cars in this environment!
Appreciate 2
D69GMB463.00
Rbrown2763.00
      08-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #50
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

SIL was trying to rework the pay scheme for staff as car sales staff earn alot from commissions normally and if you cant get the stock..... Their Porsche dealerships have so few new car slots for this year, the guys couldnt possibly earn a decent wage!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 11:00 AM   #51
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
SIL was trying to rework the pay scheme for staff as car sales staff earn alot from commissions normally and if you cant get the stock..... Their Porsche dealerships have so few new car slots for this year, the guys couldnt possibly earn a decent wage!
It must be a bloody nightmare. Thing is I pressed and pressed and got nothing - to the point I felt like I was being unfair in keeping on asking. Bit of an impossible situation where you’re ‘selling’ something that you can’t actually get your hands on to sell!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 11:14 AM   #52
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Quote:
So I’ve finally discussed some figures (delay due to holidays and working days). Off the bat the figures kinda work but (and it’s quite a big but) they have no idea when they would be able to get a car.

As things stand/at time of writing there are zero build slots available for LCI X3’s available in the UK. They would be willing to lock my trade-in value as it is today for any delivery this calendar year but don’t know if it’s achievable to get a car this calendar year. Beyond the turn of the year they will guarantee my current equity going forward and if the used market holds I win (monthly payments being made = lower settlement = higher equity), if the market softens I could still win as long as I’m paying back at a rate quicker than I’m depreciating and if the market drops back down to ‘normal’ (whatever that is) I’m worst case sitting with the equity I have right now.

So I need to think some things over. Obviously I could win or lose but that all equates to ££ for me!

The salesman is going to do an order and just see if he car get anything else by way of build/delivery dates - no commitment from me as it wouldn’t actually be going into production any time soon by the looks of things.

Just had my order allocated today for an LCI M40i - expected week 47 (late November). Worth checking with other dealers.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 01:24 PM   #53
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the update. Which dealer was that?

Douglas Park Glasgow said they could do delivery late 2021, but little movement on £5k deposit and £700 per month!

It does feel like a hard decision. Having seen figures for replacement, think I'm going to hold on to my car and see what unfolds once things return to "normal"!
Appreciate 1
D69GMB463.00
      08-02-2021, 01:46 PM   #54
D69GMB
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW

I haven’t heard anything regarding a delivery date for my car but to be honest I haven’t been in touch with my dealer. Not too bothered when it arrives either, the longer the better as far as I am concerned. Will also update if and when I hear anything.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2763.00
      08-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #55
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrown View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the update. Which dealer was that?

Douglas Park Glasgow said they could do delivery late 2021, but little movement on £5k deposit and £700 per month!

It does feel like a hard decision. Having seen figures for replacement, think I'm going to hold on to my car and see what unfolds once things return to "normal"!
I spoke to Parks a few months back on a used car

Their first offer was their only offer and it was very much take it or leave it, despite my best efforts

Compared with Glasgow Audi (buying a car for the father in law) who were very accommodating to get to a suitable deal
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2763.00
      08-27-2021, 07:14 AM   #56
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
It was supposed to be built next month. Then that’s been put back 4 weeks. Could even be longer than that listening to what folks who placed ordered have been told by dealers.

I think cars have been partially built then parked up, waiting for bits to arrive so they can finish them.
Any news on the new car...???

I was overtaken by a Mk8 R in the blue yesterday (Lapiz Blue??)... I thought it was the best looking Mk8 (in any variant) that I have seen to date... The colour really seems to suit the shape... and the styling works in that colour for me... I think the styling of the GTI Clubsport/Clubsport 45 is a little too OTT for me...
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #57
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
What kinda discount you looking at on a new order?

I did notice that wireless charging wasn't showing on the LCI - that's a bit sh*t. I know it's hardly a deal breaker!

My pause with the X3 is that mine is pretty much loaded (M Sport+, technology pack, comfort pack and pano. roof). To go same spec. (I know that M Sport+ isn't the same thing any longer) I'm starting to head towards that X5 question ££ wise.
Just discovered the lack on Tray as iv ordered a LCI M40 also.
Not a deal breaker as you say and you forget you have coped without for X amount of years...
Appreciate 1
Wills28647.00
      08-27-2021, 04:17 PM   #58
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Any news on the new car...???

I was overtaken by a Mk8 R in the blue yesterday (Lapiz Blue??)... I thought it was the best looking Mk8 (in any variant) that I have seen to date... The colour really seems to suit the shape... and the styling works in that colour for me... I think the styling of the GTI Clubsport/Clubsport 45 is a little too OTT for me...
The last I heard from the dealer a couple of weeks ago is an unconfirmed build week 41, 11th-17th October, but this can change.

Even if it got built then I wouldn’t get it till about a month after. I’ll be honest, I’m not expecting to see it till next year. I’ll be amazed if it comes before the end of the year, based on what I’ve read on other forums.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 06:05 AM   #59
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
The last I heard from the dealer a couple of weeks ago is an unconfirmed build week 41, 11th-17th October, but this can change.

Even if it got built then I wouldn’t get it till about a month after. I’ll be honest, I’m not expecting to see it till next year. I’ll be amazed if it comes before the end of the year, based on what I’ve read on other forums.
Crikey... The more I hear about how things are right now, the more I realise how lucky I was not to be trying to do what I did a month or two later... I noticed the large disclaimers that pop up on the VW configurator when you are looking at car specs etc...

Fingers crossed for you... Am sure it'll be awesome when it arrives... As I say, the one that passed me looked very smart indeed...
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 1
dopper993528.00
      08-28-2021, 08:12 AM   #60
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:

When i had a MK7 R it got lost in the dock at Emden. They could not tell me when or where it actually was. I ended up writing to the UK Head of VW and the response was intstant....it soon got found. But that was before the current issues. VW have always been poor in my experience in delivering cars but hopfully you will have a smoother time.
Appreciate 1
dopper993528.00
      08-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #61
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Sounds like all cars being delayed. My friend was due a VW Touareg. Been told order cancelled!

The price of my M40i just seems to be going up and up. It's turning into an ornament that I wash and polish. Wheels need cleaned!

Done just under 22k miles (March 2018).

Really thinking of selling it - likely to make £8-10k and then hang fire and see what car I need.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
D69GMB463.00
      08-28-2021, 06:12 PM   #62
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
Sounds like all cars being delayed. My friend was due a VW Touareg. Been told order cancelled!

The price of my M40i just seems to be going up and up. It's turning into an ornament that I wash and polish. Wheels need cleaned!

Really thinking of selling it - likely to make £8-10k and then hang fire and see what car I need.
It's similar with house prices just now, if you're selling to move up then you're just paying the equity up the chain. Rising tide and all that. Selling to downsize though or offloading a second property and you're quids in.

Similar position with cars just now, I'm not sure I'd rush to offload the M40i just to get into something similar and likely overpriced but if you don't need an immediate replacement you could hold off until the market stabilises and normal production resumes. When that is though seems to be anyone's guess at present and reading the other forums on here, there still seems to be a lot of kit deletions from MY22 factory orders…
dazzapb1050.00
      08-29-2021, 02:37 AM   #63
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Quote:

It's similar with house prices just now, if you're selling to move up then you're just paying the equity up the chain. Rising tide and all that. Selling to downsize though or offloading a second property and you're quids in.

Similar position with cars just now, I'm not sure I'd rush to offload the M40i just to get into something similar and likely overpriced but if you don't need an immediate replacement you could hold off until the market stabilises and normal production resumes. When that is though seems to be anyone's guess at present and reading the other forums on here, there still seems to be a lot of kit deletions from MY22 factory orders…
Totally agree. Had a look at what I could buy if I allocated the budget as per my settlement agreement. Would buy an older and higher mileage lower spec car!!!

Even looked to see if I could get a Focus as a runaround. Not much their either!

I really feel for the people employed in the car industry. They must be seeing reduction and bonuses and risk of job losses. Not good at all!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 03:45 AM   #64
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Totally agree. Had a look at what I could buy if I allocated the budget as per my settlement agreement. Would buy an older and higher mileage lower spec car!!!

Even looked to see if I could get a Focus as a runaround. Not much their either!

I really feel for the people employed in the car industry. They must be seeing reduction and bonuses and risk of job losses. Not good at all!
They have probably had their commission structure changed to reflect fewer sales but at higher margin. And like many businesses they are probably actually short of staff after lockdown and furlough. Service departments will be the big issue, they make the money to prop up sales in many outlets and fewer cars sold means fewer to service, so expect service rates to increase in future - or they will move to cheaper out of town premises to manage the cost base. Equally kids dont want to train to be technicians anymore so they have an ageing workforce that they will need to address at some time...
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2763.00
      08-30-2021, 04:46 AM   #65
73henny
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: a lovely new G20 320dx

Has anyone had any offers for their G20? It's time for me to look at the company car vs allowance conundrum again. Given the supposed high values of used cars (not sure if that's true or not) I might jump out of my pcp and order a CC. I've only done 19k in my car since I took delivery in July '19. Would have normally been at 30k by now.

Gone; F30 335dx, F30 330dx, F21 LCI 125d, F48 X1 20dx, F10 520d
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 07:05 AM   #66
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Has anyone had any offers for their G20? It's time for me to look at the company car vs allowance conundrum again. Given the supposed high values of used cars (not sure if that's true or not) I might jump out of my pcp and order a CC. I've only done 19k in my car since I took delivery in July '19. Would have normally been at 30k by now.
https://www.webuyanycar.com/

And all will be revealed.