F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > New car day...may not be everyone's taste!
GetBMWParts

07-27-2021, 12:37 PM   #23
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

I3S now at £35k list to quality for the grant so it becomes £32.5k which is a lot less than they were previously. I tested one on 2 occasions wanting to make it work but the low range, lack of space and in particular the rear doors made it a no from me.

I do think they look great though especially in white and make an excellent run around if you don’t travel too far and have convenient charging facilities.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      07-29-2021, 05:06 AM   #24
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post
Lovely car.

I had an i3s loaner and loved it. Can certainly shift up to around 50mph.

I now own a full EV and a hybrid and enjoying both.

Enjoy!
as well as the M2C or M4C (depending on which part of your signature I look at...)

Do tell more...
Haha, I always view via the app so haven't reviewed my signature for a while now.

Need to get on the website and change.

My M2C has been replaced with an i8 LCI now.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18765.00
      08-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #25
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Now that we have had the car a couple of weeks, here are some initial feedback for anyone interested.

When my wife made the decision to go with the i3s, I was a bit nervous (she did get quite a discount and the extra grant meant she paid about £27k).

Having now driven the car (only she did the test drive), I've got to be honest and say I love it.

I appreciate that this isn't a car that is everyone's choice, but it really fits our lifestyle for short journeys dropping kids off, shopping and driving into work.

Key points:

- it's so easy to drive round town, it does fee like a buggy

- having a charger at home does feel like an essential

- cost wise, have covered 370 miles and charger at home has cost £9 (we aren't on a cheap overnight rate). This includes 2 free short top up charges at the gym

- the car is comfy

- comes with all the I drive functionality we all know and love

- it's probably bigger than I thought it would be - but the carriage door mechanism does take some getting used to!

- the range figure seems a bit confusing as it does increase quite a bit especially if you are just doing 30 or 40 - no bad thing!

- you do get people asking about the car and saying they are thinking about EV - sense people are asking this of us that are brave / stupid going so early!

- it does feel that some other road users don't like EV cars - the biggest offenders so far seem to be X5 drivers! Does make me smile when you beat them off the lights though!

Overall, enjoying the experience. Will see how it goes long term!

If anyone is thinking of going EV, happy to answer any questions. Been quite a learning curve over the last few weeks!!!

PS - I still do smile when I start up my M40i though! 😀
Appreciate 7
JR16641146.50
D69GMB463.00
G50954.50
F20MAW73876.50