F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > fault code cd8e10
ARMA SPEED

01-16-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
brh189
Private
Rep
Drives: f30

fault code cd8e10

hello everybody I just got my 328i n26 from a body repair shop which had rear end damage. the car is running great as it used to but the check engine light is on and I ran a Diagnostics and the fault code is cd8e10 (lin bus communication signal lost) if anybody have any solutions to how to fix this I would gladly appreciate it thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
Rulz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 530e 2018 / X3 G01 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by brh189 View Post
hello everybody I just got my 328i n26 from a body repair shop which had rear end damage. the car is running great as it used to but the check engine light is on and I ran a Diagnostics and the fault code is cd8e10 (lin bus communication signal lost) if anybody have any solutions to how to fix this I would gladly appreciate it thank you
was this after or before the installation of your new headlight? i had a code like this before but it was related to a line that was grounded, the BUS LINE it means at one point your cables who connects to one of your module its grounded or one module is grounded, it was a pain in the neck to know which one it was on my, but ended up was the FRMII on my e90.

Good luck mate,
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
brh189
Private
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulz View Post
Quote:
was this after or before the installation of your new headlight? i had a code like this before but it was related to a line that was grounded, the BUS LINE it means at one point your cables who connects to one of your module its grounded or one module is grounded, it was a pain in the neck to know which one it was on my, but ended up was the FRMII on my e90.

Good luck mate,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulz View Post
Quote:

Good luck mate,
it was before I installed the headlights but ended up buying a newer bmw thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Well have check your rear light if they are all working correctly....as you mention the car came from the bodyshop for rear end repair.
Appreciate 0