F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Silvers Neomax Coilovers for f30...anyone!?
GetBMWParts

01-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #1
Alpine-F80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Silvers Neomax Coilovers for f30...anyone!?

So I'm not in a rush to get coilovers, I'm on Dinan Springs right now and they're fine, will probably want more drop though eventually.

But anyway, I'm just browsing the coilover options that would potentially fit me, street use only, something as comfortable as possible without breaking the bank. So for me, a $1200 budget sounds reasonable, even better if I can get below that, so BC, KW Street Comforts or maybe v1 stood out. Not interested on some other cheaper brands, namely Megan, I've heard more bad than good.

Anyway, I ran into these...https://www.vividracing.com/silvers-...151952527.html

I looked this company up and they get amazing reviews from what I've seen in the Subarau community, so I'm wondering if the kit they have for F30's (4 and 6 cyl options) are any good? I see they also have models for e90's, I find it hard to believe no one has run these, but I'm not seeing anyone talk about them.

Would love to know if they're any good, the adjustable dampening is pretty great for the price point, and the quality seems solid based on similar systems for other makes/models.

Here's the features, which I find pretty impressive...
• Mono-tube shock design...
• Adjustable T6 6061 front camber plates...
• 24 levels of dampening adjustability...
• High strength JIS G3445-STKM13C (DIN2393-ST44-2) carbon steel...
• Anodized T6 6061 aluminum lower mounts for multilink suspension systems to lower un-sprung weight.
18 Month limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Default Spring Rates: Front 12K, Rear 9K-S

So am I crazy or does someone need to buy these things and see if they're any good!?

Last edited by Alpine-F80; 01-23-2019 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Fixing some grammar and other typos
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_F30 View Post
So I'm not in a rush to get coilovers, I'm on Dinan Springs right now and they're fine, will probably want more drop though eventually.

But anyway, I'm just browsing the coilover options that would potentially fit me, street use only, something as comfortable as possible without breaking the bank. So for me, a $1200 budget sounds reasonable, even better if I can get below that, so BC, KW Street Comforts or maybe v1 stood out. Not interested on some other cheaper brands, namely Megan, I've heard more bad than good.

Anyway, I ran into these...https://www.vividracing.com/silvers-...151952527.html

I looked this company up and they get amazing reviews from what I've seen in the Subarau community, so I'm wondering if the kit they have for F30's (4 and 6 cyl options) are any good? I see they also have models for e90's, I find it hard to believe no one has run these, but I'm not seeing anyone talk about them.

Would love to know if they're any good, the adjustable dampening is pretty great for the price point, and the quality seems solid based on similar systems for other makes/models.

• Anodized T6 6061 aluminum lower mounts for multilink suspension systems to lower un-sprung weight.

So am I crazy or does someone need to buy these things and see if they're any good!?
Did you ever install these? Someone recently brought these to my attention. Says a friend loves them on his 535
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #3
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_F30 View Post

spring rate kinda backward according to the flat ride farkle posted

There are other suspension out there under a better brand name.... To name one under $1000 is Tein.... I will try this on my F36... Maybe do a good review for everyone by next year. They only make RWD suspension tho

Someone did a flat out suspension review just a while ago. Price is reasonable.

This Neomax...I would say is you just have to drop the ball and review one for use. Unless you just go with what is already a go to suspension brand from this forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 08:46 PM   #4
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Look to be the same parts supplier as BC, D2, Megan, Fortune Auto, and so forth in that price bracket. With any of these you get loads of adjustability, but what you really need to pay attention to is the team behind it. Will they provide a good warranty? Do they provide good support for replacing parts, and questions to buyers, etc. You'd likely need to do your own research for better spring rates, like mentioned above. There are plenty of threads and resources in this forum to help with that.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 2