F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Splitter decision
ARMA SPEED

05-15-2024, 02:00 AM   #1
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Splitter decision

I broke my maxton splitter over the winter. So I removed it from the car with the intension of not fitting another splitter as I'm looking at changing the car later in the year. But I've now decided that the car looks better with a splitter and it will also be beneficial when it comes to selling the car. And since I will be selling the car. I don't want to spend a lot of money at the same time.
I was looking at installing another bloss black maxton splitter, but they have gone up a lot in price in a couple of years. And they now sell for €200! So I'm also looking at a M Performance style one. But there are so many different versions out there.
I'm not keen on the 3 piece versions. Then there are the 2 piece splitters that join in the middle. Do these fit well and survive at higher speeds on the motorway? Then the other option is from a company called dm-autoteile on ebay. They are based in Germany. They have 2 versions. They are both M Performance replicas of the OEM M Performance splitter. There is a 2 piece, where one part is structural and this fits inside the splitter itself. Just like BMW OEM https://www.ebay.ie/itm/221989099582
And they have similar at a lower cost that seems to come pre assembled https://www.ebay.ie/itm/234764189643...YAAOSwFHtmOQ4z Does anyone have experience with any of these OEM type splitters? and fitment?

The 2 piece splitter that joins in the middle mainly come in gloss black. But I've a black car and I just think the M Performance splitter looks better in matte on a black car. I'm looking at something at a reasonable cost, but also has a reasonable fit and wont fall apart easily.

Any advice would be appreciated..