F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Business Nav on 4 Series GC
Extreme Powerhouse

04-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
BMW ABZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Soon to be 4 Series GC 320d Xd

Afternoon all,

Quick question, although I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer or not? I've just ordered a 4 Series GC with the 'standard' business navigation system.

Does anyone know if I will be able to stream music via Bluetooth with this system or is that only an option with the enhanced Bluetooth on the Professional Navigation?

Thanks,

Ben
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
Meds
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport +

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW ABZ
Afternoon all,

Quick question, although I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer or not? I've just ordered a 4 Series GC with the 'standard' business navigation system.

Does anyone know if I will be able to stream music via Bluetooth with this system or is that only an option with the enhanced Bluetooth on the Professional Navigation?

Thanks,

Ben
Oh @teaston ...
      04-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
Mattjkilo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport+

Ok well I have a March 14 F30 with the Business Nav and as standard I am not able to stream via Bluetooth. However the combox required to do so is under the boot cover.

I'm currently getting onto my dealership about getting them to switch it on if that's the case as it's slightly childish of them to have a car capable of it (from a hardware perspective) yet not give me the option of using it.

Long and short of it, if they want my custom again they should feel obliged to grant my wish (currently looking at a second car from BMW).

I think @teaston may have a very useful thread for doing such coding yourself. I'm sure he will be more than glad to point you in the right direction when he casts his eye over this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
mynamesnotbob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f90 M5

If your car us not built yet it will have Bluetooth streaming but not full EBT, so no office and text, but that's hit and miss depending on handset. Also you will need the y cable for a physical connection if you prefer to go down this route.
Coding EBT will obviously give you all features
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
BMW ABZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Soon to be 4 Series GC 320d Xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamesnotbob
If your car us not built yet it will have Bluetooth streaming but not full EBT, so no office and text, but that's hit and miss depending on handset. Also you will need the y cable for a physical connection if you prefer to go down this route.
Coding EBT will obviously give you all features
Thanks, my car isn't starting production until first week in June and I had heard a rumour that Bluetooth streaming would be added to Business Nav. So fingers crossed that is the case - not really worried about office etc. to be honest. Certainly not worth the 1k extra imo..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
mynamesnotbob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW ABZ View Post
Thanks, my car isn't starting production until first week in June and I had heard a rumour that Bluetooth streaming would be added to Business Nav. So fingers crossed that is the case - not really worried about office etc. to be honest. Certainly not worth the 1k extra imo..
Yep, have a search for week 10 updates that you'll get, and the EBT coding thread, it'll give you EBT for the cost of a cable
Appreciate 0