F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Sport (B58)
proTUNING Freaks

08-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #111
msmching
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini White Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
PM, or rather email incoming. Monterey Car Week caused a bit of delay in getting back to you so I apologize.
Oh yeash. Understood. Sorry, didn't know about that one going on.

I've gotten a good reply from them already too.

Thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 02:51 AM   #112
maxdobe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
So wait, question: is this a "good" purchase for an existing mppsk owner or not? I realize subjective question but just general gut consensus for existing mppsk owners. The Thread is kinda all over.

Perhaps one Bottom line relevant question for many on this forum is this: For someone with a 2017 440ix M Sport with the MPPSK installed at dealer a few months ago, to add Stage 1 today, will we see anything change on the car in ANY way other than the objective of the car reaching in the 4 hundreds in hp and tq? Asking because someome told me odd things like the sports display screen on iDrive will not display accurate readings, etc.

Second question of relevancy for those who invested in mppsk first: So both the mppsk ($3k job) and the Dinan Stage 1 job ($1.3k) will continue to play their separate awesome roles, right? OR is there some complimentary or symbiotic relationship those two have? I just want my car to stay easy to use (no more buttons) but with hp and tq maxed to the safest threshold, while staying fully in warranty.

Last edited by maxdobe; 08-24-2017 at 03:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #113
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdobe View Post
So wait, question: is this a "good" purchase for an existing mppsk owner or not? I realize subjective question but just general gut consensus for existing mppsk owners. The Thread is kinda all over.

Perhaps one Bottom line relevant question for many on this forum is this: For someone with a 2017 440ix M Sport with the MPPSK installed at dealer a few months ago, to add Stage 1 today, will we see anything change on the car in ANY way other than the objective of the car reaching in the 4 hundreds in hp and tq? Asking because someome told me odd things like the sports display screen on iDrive will not display accurate readings, etc.

Second question of relevancy for those who invested in mppsk first: So both the mppsk ($3k job) and the Dinan Stage 1 job ($1.3k) will continue to play their separate awesome roles, right? OR is there some complimentary or symbiotic relationship those two have? I just want my car to stay easy to use (no more buttons) but with hp and tq maxed to the safest threshold, while staying fully in warranty.
The Sports display will not change with a piggyback tune. Ive actually seen it show less power after a piggyback has been added.

Dinan makes a separate Stage 1 unit for MPPSK users. MPPSK changes the thresholds slightly so they take advantage of this.

Last edited by jalkster; 09-19-2017 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 10:12 PM   #114
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW F30 View Post
Anyone here experience some jerkiness and nonlinear power delivery? I just installed mine today and those are what I?m getting, but it could just be that the car hasn?t adapted to the extra boost yet.
I would also like to see some improvements to the app! The cool factor and functionality are there, but some passcode protection for connecting the device to the phone is greatly needed and maybe a cosmetic update too
Give it a few drive cycles and about 50 miles are so. After that it fealt virtually OEM in the drivability department. The app isn't the greatest but for the price it does okay. Glad you got it and installed!
Appreciate 1
DG20966.50
      09-20-2017, 06:05 AM   #115
High Flier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550iX

I had some jerkiness during moderate acceleration with my Sport, no pattern to it. It happened several weeks after it was installed. I've always used 93 octane.

I really noticed the additional power from the Sport when I removed it (getting car ready for the MPPSK installation). The loss of power boost when the Sport was removed was more noticeable than the power increase when I first installed it.
Appreciate 2
jalkster220.00
DG20966.50
      09-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #116
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flier View Post
I had some jerkiness during moderate acceleration with my Sport, no pattern to it. It happened several weeks after it was installed. I've always used 93 octane.

I really noticed the additional power from the Sport when I removed it (getting car ready for the MPPSK installation). The loss of power boost when the Sport was removed was more noticeable than the power increase when I first installed it.
Nice! Are you planning on running the sport on top of the MPPSK tune? If so, let us know how it feels!
      09-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #117
High Flier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550iX

Quote:
Nice! Are you planning on running the sport on top of the MPPSK tune? If so, let us know how it feels!
I haven't tried the Sport with the MPPSK yet. I'm a little hesitant to due to the possibility of hitting the fuel cap that I've read about in other forums, not sure if this would push the power level over the limit or not. I've read that the Elite doesn't add much power on top of the MPPSK, so I suspect the Sport wouldn't be much different.

The Sport, by the way, ran very smooth 99% of the time. I only noticed the hesitation once or twice. I always selected Sport+ mode in the Sport and Sport mode in the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 03:58 PM   #118
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Anyone here experience some jerkiness and nonlinear power delivery? I just installed mine today and those are what I?m getting, but it could just be that the car hasn?t adapted to the extra boost yet.
I would also like to see some improvements to the app! The cool factor and functionality are there, but some passcode protection for connecting the device to the phone is greatly needed and maybe a cosmetic update too
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flier View Post

Is the jerkiness still there? Any ideas on how to avoid it like lower boost or run strictly 93?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 05:16 PM   #119
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Nope, smooth as butter for me now! I don't even notice that i have the tune unless im hard on the gas!
So when yer full throttle you still get jerkiness?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #120
MMacx1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i M

Going on a year now with the DinanTronics Sport. 17K miles and has been problem free.
I can still manage to get 34-35MPG @ 70 mph (cruise) it give me that extra little boost.
The B58 motor is a Torque Monster.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #121
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

Can someone explain what the two connectors are for in the Dinan Sport?
1) pressure sensor mounted to intake charge pipe
2) pressure sensor on intake manifold
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #122
MMacx1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i M

B58 Dinan Sport Tune

Running this Sport Tune now for 18 month @27K miles.
No problems to report other than it seems to be getting more powerful.

I really need to get a boost gauge to monitor where it's at. I am now getting a turbo spool whistle under boost, where before I did not hear it. 340 is running perfectly.
On my second oil change/service, The dealer did the recall for the DME, and I had them check for any boost leaks. Only because my last BMW with a N20 & Dinan Tune started to have leaks at around 20k miles. Weak intercooler hoses.

They kept the car over night and release it the next day to report "nothing wrong"

So far for $300
giving you a +3psi using 91Oct.
well worth the money for a reliable piggyback.
Appreciate 2
EDWYER1672.50
      07-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #123
IMZBull
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 440iX M-sport, MT (duh!)

Dinatronics sport

I installed the DINANTRONICS sport on Saturday (7-14-2018) on my 2017 440iX coup (M-sport, MT and other good stuff) and here’s my read.

I had a 2014 435iX in similar set up and never did the Dinan (or other) thing. The bump from the N55 to the B58 was nice if a bit subtle (but much better sound!). The bump to this DINANTRONICS sport was that much again, perhaps a click more (you can tell with the manual transmission). No loss in drivability, just another click harder pull. I’m mostly using the sport+ mode which is +3psi but tried the race (+4). Nice but one click off full dog seems a safer place for wear (please tell me if that is wrong).

So enjoying it so far. Well worth ~$300. No error codes. Albeit the phone app is very JV.

Install was very easy but for disconnecting the BMW original wire connectors. Be careful as I broke off a bit of plastic on one!

Bought from Extreme Powerhouse as it was a bit cheaper and no tax or shipping (how do they do it? Don’t know, but I got it in 2 days even with regular UPS).

Last edited by IMZBull; 07-19-2018 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #124
IMZBull
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 440iX M-sport, MT (duh!)

[QUOTE=jalkster;22112805]The Sports display will not change with a piggyback tune. Ive actually seen it show less power after a piggyback has been added.

I was wondering.... that's my experience too. I was hoping to peg the 400 peak!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #125
Nitromkv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Supra A91 MT, 23 Braptor

wait so this product is not covered under BMW's factory warranty, my sales person told me all dinan products are covered under bmw warranty so if my motor blows with this installed it wouldn't be covered but if i had the elite it would?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #126
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipberk View Post
wait so this product is not covered under BMW's factory warranty, my sales person told me all dinan products are covered under bmw warranty so if my motor blows with this installed it wouldn't be covered but if i had the elite it would?
No Dinan claim is covered by BMW. Dinan matches the factory warranty when you buy a warrantied product. Sport tuner is not one of these. Elite only. All warranty claims must be taken up with Dinan not BMW.
      08-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #127
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalkster View Post
No Dinan claim is covered by BMW. Dinan matches the factory warranty when you buy a warrantied product. Sport tuner is not one of these. Elite only. All warranty claims must be taken up with Dinan not BMW.
jalkster I applaud your decorum - I dont think I could have done the same
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #128
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Not sure if sarcastic haha. I wasnt trying to be abrasive
      08-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #129
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalkster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Not sure if sarcastic haha. I wasnt trying to be abrasive
It was a sincere compliment - you handled that very nicely whereas others would have jumped all over him for asking
Appreciate 1
jalkster220.00