F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 4 series impulse offers 0% APR
proTUNING Freaks

11-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #89
Alice Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 430dX M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post
to own it its still 750ish a month for 48 months lol.

you can buy and own a pretty big house for that
It’s only that if you keep it for 48 months and it’s worth zero at that point.
Keep it longer, it’s cheaper and account for the sale it’s even less.

And I’d love to see the ouse you get for 48x 750
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #90
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueislander View Post
Lol maybe to a millionaire but that's not free to me!

What's incredible is its still over 20k for four years. These guaranteed values are so low its unreal.
to own it its still 750ish a month for 48 months lol.

you can buy and own a pretty big house for that
That's a mighty cheap pretty big house.

Sounds like a great deal OP, can't imagine you will do much better.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #91
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Coupe View Post
It’s only that if you keep it for 48 months and it’s worth zero at that point.
Keep it longer, it’s cheaper and account for the sale it’s even less.

And I’d love to see the ouse you get for 48x 750
In Edinburgh that would buy you a door. Just a door.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #92
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
In Edinburgh that would buy you a door. Just a door.
and the rest of scotland it would buy you a castle
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #93
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
and the rest of scotland it would buy you a castle

Okay but that's not really relevant or accurate to my situation.

Straying off piste here a little about the deals available for anyone interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #94
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

The gap is £400 max. The gardex shit is a no way thank you, even for £20. The same knuckle draggers that prepare your new car with their rusty sponges, are given around 45 minutes to apply it to each new car. Funnily enough, they end up locking in a shit load of micro scratches. No thanks to that. The dealer is trying it on big time. Agree the deal, then ask them to remove the insurance products before you take final delivery. They can't refuse as it's an insurance product with 14 days to cancel.
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #95
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
The gap is £400 max. The gardex shit is a no way thank you, even for £20. The same knuckle draggers that prepare your new car with their rusty sponges, are given around 45 minutes to apply it to each new car. Funnily enough, they end up locking in a shit load of micro scratches. No thanks to that. The dealer is trying it on big time. Agree the deal, then ask them to remove the insurance products before you take final delivery. They can't refuse as it's an insurance product with 14 days to cancel.
Yup that's my issue. He's built it into the finance and is saying either he can't / won't remove it because it's how they are able to cut such a great deal (I debate that as its entirely separate from dealer margin), and that if he does remove it it amounts to a £300 reduction overall, not the £1400 he's quoted as the actual cost I'm paying.

These are after sales snake oil that I want no part of unless free or heavily discounted and even then I wouldn't take the paint protection, just the gap.

It's year end, it's a stock car in the system, they've got a target to hit, so play ball or at least be honest if you can't.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #96
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Yup that's my issue. He's built it into the finance and is saying either he can't / won't remove it because it's how they are able to cut such a great deal (I debate that as its entirely separate from dealer margin), and that if he does remove it it amounts to a £300 reduction overall, not the £1400 he's quoted as the actual cost I'm paying.

These are after sales snake oil that I want no part of unless free or heavily discounted and even then I wouldn't take the paint protection, just the gap.

It's year end, it's a stock car in the system, they've got a target to hit, so play ball or at least be honest if you can't.
He is obviously selling you the gap and gardx for £300, but has put the full cost in his quote so that he/they get the sales commission for selling you those products, which is what’s enabled them to offer such a great deal on the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #97
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
He is obviously selling you the gap and gardx for £300, but has put the full cost in his quote so that he/they get the sales commission for selling you those products, which is what’s enabled them to offer such a great deal on the car.
I asked for two quotes, both purely rrp minus discount. One is 1400 less to he's charging me full whack but stated the monthlies only come down by£7 across the 47 which is patently wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 01:58 AM   #98
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i touring - incoming

Quote:
I asked for two quotes, both purely rrp minus discount. One is 1400 less to he's charging me full whack but stated the monthlies only come down by£7 across the 47 which is patently wrong.
Have you gone through the monthlies with one of the business managers? Either that info is just wrong or somehow its reducing the gfv by not taking the products.

Id ask for a full finance quote with and without the 1400 in BS add ons. Should be £30pm cheaper at least without.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:20 AM   #99
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
Have you gone through the monthlies with one of the business managers? Either that info is just wrong or somehow its reducing the gfv by not taking the products.

Id ask for a full finance quote with and without the 1400 in BS add ons. Should be £30pm cheaper at least without.
Yup - the salesman is away today as am I so I won't be getting much done. I have absolutely no issue with anything they've done so far except this.

If it was any other thread we'd all be saying "paying £1400 for products is insane" but because the deal is so good I think there's a view of letting it slide. If they offer Gap at 300-400 i'd absolutely take it, happy to get the salesman his bonus (he deserves it he's been great aside from this). Don't want Gard X in any way shape or form as the car is going unwashed straight to the detailer if I get it.

As seems to be the case with car finance, it's smoke and mirrors and trying to hide things. I want a very basic upfront thing sent to me:

Car price + options (approx 50k)
Level of dealer contribution (6400ish as it stands, 7000+ if they remove products)
Level of BMW contribution (5250 btw)

I don't care about monthlies which is all they care about. I can cover it whether it's 400 or 600, I care about the total level of discount, removing all additional products I don't need, and what the balloon is so I know what I need to have in 4 years if I want to buy it outright/sell it on. Being 0% apr makes it a lot easier for me to see anything additional buried in there.

I realise it isn't a money maker for the dealer in any great way, but for every one of me that helps them make the year end sales target and not much else, there will be 4 other people coming in taking paint, gap, and nowhere near the contribution because they haven't done their homework.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:37 AM   #100
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yup - the salesman is away today as am I so I won't be getting much done. I have absolutely no issue with anything they've done so far except this.

If it was any other thread we'd all be saying "paying £1400 for products is insane" but because the deal is so good I think there's a view of letting it slide. If they offer Gap at 300-400 i'd absolutely take it, happy to get the salesman his bonus (he deserves it he's been great aside from this). Don't want Gard X in any way shape or form as the car is going unwashed straight to the detailer if I get it.

As seems to be the case with car finance, it's smoke and mirrors and trying to hide things. I want a very basic upfront thing sent to me:

Car price + options (approx 50k)
Level of dealer contribution (6400ish as it stands, 7000+ if they remove products)
Level of BMW contribution (5250 btw)

I don't care about monthlies which is all they care about. I can cover it whether it's 400 or 600, I care about the total level of discount, removing all additional products I don't need, and what the balloon is so I know what I need to have in 4 years if I want to buy it outright/sell it on. Being 0% apr makes it a lot easier for me to see anything additional buried in there.

I realise it isn't a money maker for the dealer in any great way, but for every one of me that helps them make the year end sales target and not much else, there will be 4 other people coming in taking paint, gap, and nowhere near the contribution because they haven't done their homework.
How does the dealer contribution increase if the products come off?

I would assume that gfv, rate, bmw support and dealer support would all be fixed now and the only thing to change would be the amount being financed. Up or down by £1400.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:44 AM   #101
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How does the dealer contribution increase if the products come off?

I would assume that gfv, rate, bmw support and dealer support would all be fixed now and the only thing to change would be the amount being financed. Up or down by £1400.
Well that's what I am trying to get to... exact words are:

"The products are worked into your monthly payment and income from them supports the deal we are doing, it allows us to give the level of discount we are to get to 429pm"

But when I asked them to be removed as he said it was £1400 worth of paint and gap he said:

"If you want them removed it's 423pm"

So something in there isn't quite right. 1400 / 47 would take the monthlies down to bang on 400 a month, not 423. I get the feeling he's reducing them by their cost price rather than the price I am expected to pay if that makes sense?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:59 AM   #102
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well that's what I am trying to get to... exact words are:

"The products are worked into your monthly payment and income from them supports the deal we are doing, it allows us to give the level of discount we are to get to 429pm"

But when I asked them to be removed as he said it was £1400 worth of paint and gap he said:

"If you want them removed it's 423pm"

So something in there isn't quite right. 1400 / 47 would take the monthlies down to bang on 400 a month, not 423. I get the feeling he's reducing them by their cost price rather than the price I am expected to pay if that makes sense?
He's reducing your dealer discount. He's saying the only way he can give you that level of dealer support is if you take the products. Ive had that before. We will give you the paint protection for free! Ie your invoice price goes up £500 and discount goes up by the same. In the past I have agreed to the deal and signed the contract then cancelled the gap, which I believe as a finance product you have 14 days to do so. The paint protection is obviously a different story. In effect your dealer support is £1400 (well £1100) less than the figures suggest.
Appreciate 1
teaston10994.50
      11-08-2018, 03:13 AM   #103
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
He's reducing your dealer discount. He's saying the only way he can give you that level of dealer support is if you take the products. Ive had that before. We will give you the paint protection for free! Ie your invoice price goes up £500 and discount goes up by the same. In the past I have agreed to the deal and signed the contract then cancelled the gap, which I believe as a finance product you have 14 days to do so. The paint protection is obviously a different story. In effect your dealer support is £1400 (well £1100) less than the figures suggest.
Exactly what I’ve been trying to explain
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 03:26 AM   #104
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Exactly what I’ve been trying to explain
I probably misinterpreted what you were saying, apologies. if there is 1400 additional support in there then I want to try and get it - year end, existing stock, much rarer engine than the 2.0d's they'll be shifting by the bucketload.

If it can't be done I will probably jump on it anyways, but it "feels" like there is something additional in there I can get as extra contribution... yes I am trying for the absolute max I can get but it all helps with winning the other half over as to why I "need" a 440i
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 04:08 AM   #105
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
I need a 440i because I'm a bloke.

We've all been there

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 04:14 AM   #106
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

This is the danger of PCP and why they like them so much.

They can hide any old shit in there and call it what they want. Tell you that your monthly payments are not going up so its "Free" When in fact they are paying for it out of some free discount they are not giving you.

E92 335i was 33750 net price brand new around the same point in its life with auto + Nav etc. I dont think the F series has much more than the E series other than a 4-6k price increase.

No wonder they depreciate so much now.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 04:16 AM   #107
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
I need a 440i because I'm a bloke.

We've all been there

Incredibly my other half is totally onboard with it, i've always had a new car for her to drive for daily family details and i've generally just driven a 4grand motorway chugger. She's told me for a long time to get what I actually want.

Talking this morning she was genuinely surprised a) it's cheaper than she thought and b) it's brand new. I feel a disturbance in the force!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 05:37 AM   #108
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Get it signed, snake oil and all... The deal is good enough and you and the other half are both happy with the level of discount.
The GAP will be invoiced in the finance figures. If it's more than £400, cancel it after pick up and get your own. Mine is around £340 for car replacement (not the RTI you will get from the dealer). Tell them to put the gardex on the show room windows or whatever... The discount covers it!
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo

Last edited by goodbyalfa; 11-08-2018 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #109
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
Get it signed, snake oil and all... The deal is good enough and you and the otehr half are both happy with the level of discount.
The GAP with be invoiced in the finance figures. If it's more than £400, cancel it after pick up and get your own. Mine is around £340 for car replacement (not the RTI you will get from the dealer). Tell them to put the gardex on the show room windows or whatever... The discount covers it!
Somebody just popped up with a car with adaptive M and digital cockpit so am going to sound them out first!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 05:58 AM   #110
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Somebody just popped up with a car with adaptive M and digital cockpit so am going to sound them out first!
Nice, the digital cockpit really elevates the cabin imo.
Appreciate 0