F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Driver window issue
ARMA SPEED

01-17-2024, 10:56 AM   #1
Dave-ncl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320d Black Shadow Edition

Driver window issue

Evening all,

F30 320d 2017.

Over the past week or two I've noticed my drivers window has been acting a bit erratic.

I first noticed that it was going slow (closing), then as I removed my knee away from resting against the door (no pressure) , it sped up and closed as normal. I think this happened a few times, but I'm wondering if it was coincidental with the window naturally speeding up.

On to today.... the window seems like the motor is really trying hard to get it up.

The car is scruffy off road grit. It was -3° this morning but my gut feeling is, its a bigger problem around the corner.

I suppose its a 'how long is a peice of string' question but anyone with the issue previous? How long did it last before repair/breaking. The window being stuck open would be a massive problem.

I've looked about and most discussions point towards the window regulator. Anyone got any other possibilities before I go ahead and purchase/seek help replacing.

If it is a regulator, is it worth buying it with a new motor to ensure both potential problems are covered and the job of removing the trim doesn't need doing for the foreseeable future.

Last couple of questions....

OE part/makers anyone? Carparts4less have starlight regulator and motor for £100 left side and £80 for right. 20% off available until 22/01. Is the driverside the right as I'm sitting in the car or left from looking at it from the front. I'm guess right side but I'm not 100%. Sorry for such a stupid question

Finally.... can anyone recommend a garage near Newcastle that would do the work.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 03:28 AM   #2
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Can’t help on the regulator front, but when people refer to left and right side it’s pretty much always as looking from the back of the car, or from sat in it, so drivers would be right.
Appreciate 0