F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 Bosch VS OEM Fuel Injectors
Studio RSR

07-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
Tyomni
Armenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

N55 Bosch VS OEM Fuel Injectors

I have a question weirdly noone asked before or I am being that bad at research. It's time for me to replace my high pressure fuel injectors on bmw 435i n55 and there are 2 options to me OEM BMW ones that cost about 200$ s and Bosch ones that cost half the price. Now I've red that Bosch claims both are manufactured by them and there is no difference whatsoever, but as I am going to stage 2 the car with BM3 I am being a bit afraid. Is BMW being BMW again and charges us twice the cost just for the logo or is there a hidden difference that justifies the price gap?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
bdragon46
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i

BMW being BMW. Get either brand of injectors from fcpeuro so if they ever go bad, you have lifetime warranty
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD [Portimao Blue]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyomni View Post
I have a question weirdly noone asked before or I am being that bad at research. It's time for me to replace my high pressure fuel injectors on bmw 435i n55 and there are 2 options to me OEM BMW ones that cost about 200$ s and Bosch ones that cost half the price. Now I've red that Bosch claims both are manufactured by them and there is no difference whatsoever, but as I am going to stage 2 the car with BM3 I am being a bit afraid. Is BMW being BMW again and charges us twice the cost just for the logo or is there a hidden difference that justifies the price gap?
The Bosch OE replacements are the same as the BMW injectors. Just no BMW logo. Recently changed all 6 and had them coded. They been solid for about a month now.

2015 335 (EU6)

Edit: Purchased from FCPeuro
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKH 5 View Post
Quote:
The Bosch OE replacements are the same as the BMW injectors. Just no BMW logo. Recently changed all 6 and had them coded. They been solid for about a month now.

2015 335 (EU6)

Edit: Purchased from FCPeuro
+1

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 12:27 AM   #5
Tyomni
Armenia
Rep

Thanks for the help all, I appreciate that, however
1) I still can't believe they are able to sell exact same injectors for twice the price, maybe in bmw they do some extra work of checking the quality of each injectors or something?
2) my backyard service guy says Bosch ones go bad after 60 000 Miles and the BMW ones after about 100 000 Miles

I wouldn't care about the extra miles, but as am going to tune the car am a bit afraid of detonation...

Anyone with Bootmod3 stage2 and Bosch Injectors here?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1) I still can't believe they are able to sell exact same injectors for twice the price, maybe in bmw they do some extra work of checking the quality of each injectors or something?
2) my backyard service guy says Bosch ones go bad after 60 000 Miles and the BMW ones after about 100 000 Miles

I wouldn't care about the extra miles, but as am going to tune the car am a bit afraid of detonation...

It's just business. BMW still has expenses associated with having these parts available for sale.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 10:47 AM   #7
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Me. Not sure what else to tell you bro. Lol.

Bootmod3 Stage 2 FBO custom cary tune. Bosch injectors from FCPeuro.

You already stated you have a backyard mechanic telling you what his experience has been with the injectors. Seems like you trust him. Not sure why your still looking for an answer here. I'd just call bmw and ask your SA. I do it all the time.

Edit: This question has literally been discussed. thousands of times on this thread. Google is your friend. Good luck OP!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #8
Tyomni
Armenia
Rep

Quote:

You already stated you have a backyard mechanic telling you what his experience has been with the injectors. Seems like you trust him. Not sure why your still looking for an answer here. I'd just call bmw and ask your SA. I do it all the time.

Edit: This question has literally been discussed. thousands of times on this thread. Google is your friend. Good luck OP!
Thanks a lot, sounds convincing, I will go with Bosch ones. Not trusting my service guy because his experience is not enough for full statistics. As for discussions here, I did the homework, honestly not a single direct answer on this question before you did, and again my first suspicion was "this guys are trying to sell me FCPeuro" . Did research on them, looks like I will end up with them. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 11:50 AM   #9
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks a lot, sounds convincing, I will go with Bosch ones. Not trusting my service guy because his experience is not enough for full statistics. As for discussions here, I did the homework, honestly not a single direct answer on this question before you did, and again my first suspicion was "this guys are trying to sell me FCPeuro" . Did research on them, looks like I will end up with them. Thanks again.
Lol. Completely understood. Hope it works out for you!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #10
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
It's just business. BMW still has expenses associated with having these parts available for sale.
Its the exact same concept as the Bosch and BMW spark plugs. The BMW ones are like 3x the price for exactly the same spark plug. I got the Bosch ones from FCP Euro and zero issues.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3566.00
      07-25-2020, 01:08 PM   #11
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Its the exact same concept as the Bosch and BMW spark plugs. The BMW ones are like 3x the price for exactly the same spark plug. I got the Bosch ones from FCP Euro and zero issues.
Same here. FCPEuro for the win!

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #12
WaleeF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi E92

FCPEURO is literally the best
Appreciate 0