F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Drivetrain cont. driving possible
proTUNING Freaks

08-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #1
sirch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i

Drivetrain cont. driving possible

I could not find anything on this error, so I thought I post my current issue. The car will shift into neutral with the error on dash stating Drivetrain: cont. driving possible. You turn off and you get Automatic start/stop deactivated. The car will then will start up with no issues after trying to restart the car. The car has no check engine codes to help point me in the right direction. I took the car to the dealership (Winslow in Colorado Springs) and paid an extra $200 to have the transmission checked over, and was told it was not the issue. The dealership stated the problem was related to being low on gas? The car had a quarter of tank of gas when this happened, and is my sons car. The issue happens about once every couple of weeks for the past month.

The car has around 150k miles and is slow to respond at low rpms. I am thinking because of the low rpm response it might be related to the vanos sensor, but I might be going down a rabbit hole, is there anyway to test the vanos sensor or clean it? I have a follow up apt now at the dealership in a couple of weeks but would love to fix it sooner.
2001 M Roadster
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 09:34 PM   #2
dís_f30
G
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30 Luxury Line

Garage List
Find an independant shop, a few of them will do free diagnostics on it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 09:03 PM   #3
Ajax915
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 320i BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirch View Post
I could not find anything on this error, so I thought I post my current issue. The car will shift into neutral with the error on dash stating Drivetrain: cont. driving possible. You turn off and you get Automatic start/stop deactivated. The car will then will start up with no issues after trying to restart the car. The car has no check engine codes to help point me in the right direction. I took the car to the dealership (Winslow in Colorado Springs) and paid an extra $200 to have the transmission checked over, and was told it was not the issue. The dealership stated the problem was related to being low on gas? The car had a quarter of tank of gas when this happened, and is my sons car. The issue happens about once every couple of weeks for the past month.

The car has around 150k miles and is slow to respond at low rpms. I am thinking because of the low rpm response it might be related to the vanos sensor, but I might be going down a rabbit hole, is there anyway to test the vanos sensor or clean it? I have a follow up apt now at the dealership in a couple of weeks but would love to fix it sooner.
Same thing happened to mine. It would stall out. I would turn it on and off and the drivetrain light would go away. Ended up being my lpfp and fuel pump relay
Appreciate 0