F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CEL after Dinan install
proTUNING Freaks

04-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #23
marwin888
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Dinan Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend
^^^^
Good luck with that, I sincerely hope they can fix it for you.

This is the first time that the fault came on where I felt a bit defeated.

Before this, I likened the whole situation to installing a printer. You take all the right steps and it doesn't work but then eventually, you do everything in the right order and the printer works.

Let me know how it works out - that sucks about their loaner policy as well.
That sucks. Have you took it back to the dealership?

My car is still in the dealership and they are still working on it, nothing yet.

Just curious what setup do yo have?
Mine is the Dinan Stage 2 on top of the MPPK for a Mechanical Wastegate. I wonder if the CEL is common in the same setups.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #24
The Reverend
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435i

I'm in a RWD 335i with Dinan Stage 1 and the Dinan intake. But get this, I've been driving it since I last posted and the fault came on while I was driving but went away again. But this time, it hasn't come back on and I noticed a trend before that the fault seemed to come up when I was in idling in traffic or was going less than 50kms/hour. It has never come on during highway driving or more "spirited" driving.

So since it is off, the dealership said it might have taken the 30 key cycles for the system to adjust to the intake and that's why it hasn't come back on. So we'll see but I am well happy that it's clear. How did you make out?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #25
marwin888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend
I'm in a RWD 335i with Dinan Stage 1 and the Dinan intake. But get this, I've been driving it since I last posted and the fault came on while I was driving but went away again. But this time, it hasn't come back on and I noticed a trend before that the fault seemed to come up when I was in idling in traffic or was going less than 50kms/hour. It has never come on during highway driving or more "spirited" driving.

So since it is off, the dealership said it might have taken the 30 key cycles for the system to adjust to the intake and that's why it hasn't come back on. So we'll see but I am well happy that it's clear. How did you make out?
Yeah I have heard something like that, that it takes a certain amount of cycles and it goes away. Well good thing that you have no CEL!

So far I'm still in a loaner. The dealership is still in contact with Dinan so they said hopefully they get it fixed this week. But we'll see. Oh and btw they let up on their dealership. There's no way I was gonna pay for all these extra miles lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #26
marwin888
Private
Rep

So I got my car back this morning. Apparently everything is good now. They had said that they drove it for 30 miles and the CEL never came back on. Regardless I have to drive back home about 90 miles and I had the chance to really step on it and see if something would trigger the CEL back on and nothing. So far I feel pretty good about it and the car looks way much better without the CEL on. We'll see later this week if it comes back after I do some city driving. All in all the Dinan warranty is really worth it. Invoice was about $2,000 and Dinan covered it all so that was awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #27
marwin888
Private
Rep

Well I spoke too soon. The CEL came up again today after driving about 150 miles. Same code 101F01- Throttle valve opening angle, absolute pressure, Intake pipe, comparison pressure too high. Will be giving them a call tomorrow -_-
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:07 PM   #28
marwin888
Private
Rep

Sooo the CEL actually went away after being on for a day and a half. The light has not come back since. It's been only 4 days but here's to hoping it stays gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #29
The Reverend
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435i

It might just be the key cycles. Give it 30 cycles and see what happens. It sounds eerily similar to what I went through!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #30
marwin888
Private
Rep

So it's been 2 months and no CEL ever came back. Soo happy with the Dinan and the fact that they covered all the necessary costs to get rid of the CEL!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 06:56 AM   #31
Axman85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i x-Drive M-Sport Min. Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwin888 View Post
Sooo the CEL actually went away after being on for a day and a half. The light has not come back since. It's been only 4 days but here's to hoping it stays gone.
Marwin888,

You never said if they replaced your throttle valve. The only tune I have is MPPK and am getting this same error. It's on and off on its own. If they replace your valve then that's where I will start.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #32
marwin888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marwin888 View Post
Marwin888,

You never said if they replaced your throttle valve. The only tune I have is MPPK and am getting this same error. It's on and off on its own. If they replace your valve then that's where I will start.
They didn't change the throttle valve. From what I remember they just reinstalled everything using new parts and even though the light came back on after a couple of days, it went away and has not came back on. Got lucky there.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 11:25 AM   #33
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36graduate View Post
I get this code now and then - my jb4 reads the code as a tuner code and to ignore.......

This code seems to pop up when cold out! Also, just replaced my tmap sensor and now code disappeared.........car runs much better!?
Was the TMAP ever uninstalled during the life of the vehicle (for example charge pipe replacement)?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #34
marwin888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Was the TMAP ever uninstalled during the life of the vehicle (for example charge pipe replacement)?
I did get a charge replacement, I want to say about a year after I got my Dinan. The pipe just ended up breaking and having a leak to where the car ran like shit. I ended up putting a stock one back in because the warranty covered it. It's been 2 years and no issue with the charge pipe.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 07:09 AM   #35
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Even though they fixed it(Dealer/Dinan great) and warrantied everything the process and inconvenience with this Dinan product sounds like a total nightmare!! I would not have the patience,Justify it however you want!
      07-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #36
TOMF30N55
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive 6mt

Had same issue after Eccentric Shaft and VVT motor replacement

Solution: my mechanic replaced the boost solenoid and so far so good! He also found a boost leak on the inlet pipe (MST hose from turbo to intake tube) as well as a fucking ziptie holding the charge pipe to the FMIC from the wack mechanic who worked on my car before the current mechanic (shoutout to Kings Automotive in Bloomingdale, NJ). He reset adaptations for me several times, wasnt going away. Did a smoke test and fixed said boost leaks. Installed new boost solenoid and so far no problems.
Appreciate 0