F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

01-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #2267
tmirage
Rep
Drives: BMW e61 (530i) 2009 - CIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
I have an OEM Harman amp - option 676 "hifi loudspeaker system". Everything goes through AUX at that back of CCC unit.
i got a e61 with an CIC unit since my car is from 2009 and i also have the "S676A HiFi Speaker System" option.

I had to reroute the aux in the harnass to the AUX in the armrest since i got no audio otherwise. but i must say since i updated from 2.6 something to 3.8.0 the quality is superb.
I already replaced all speakers before i had this headunit with the gladen xtreme set. I didnt replace the OEM harman amp tho. And i have done no modification to the aux port by removing things.

I had an invery connected before to emulate apple ipod support on my android phone wirelessly. But the AUX audio quality of the headunit is now way better then that invery through the AUX port.
Anybody knows why i had to reroute my audio tho since i couldnt use the aux supplied in the harness? we guess it has something to do with the bluetooth option thats built-in my car options. Below are my built-in multimedia options.

S609A Navigation System Professional
S612A BMW Assist
S614A Internet Preparations
S615A Expanded BMW Online Information
S616A BMW Online
S620A Voice Control
S633A Preparation Mobile Phone Business
S676A HiFi Speaker System
S698A AreaCode 2 For DVD
S6AAA BMW TeleServices
S6ABA Control For Teleservices
S6FLA USBAudio Interface
S7SPA Nav Professionalcellph Prep Bluetooth

Last edited by tmirage; 01-22-2020 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:16 AM   #2268
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmirage View Post
i got a e61 with an CIC unit since my car is from 2009 and i also have the "S676A HiFi Speaker System" option.

I had to reroute the aux in the harnass to the AUX in the armrest since i got no audio otherwise. but i must say since i updated from 2.6 something to 3.8.0 the quality is superb.
I already replaced all speakers before i had this headunit with the gladen xtreme set. I didnt replace the OEM harman amp tho. And i have done no modification to the aux port by removing things.

I had an invery connected before to emulate apple ipod support on my android phone wirelessly. But the AUX audio quality of the headunit is now way better then that invery through the AUX port.
Anybody knows why i had to reroute my audio tho since i couldnt use the aux supplied in the harness? we guess it has something to do with the bluetooth option thats built-in my car options. Below are my built-in multimedia options.

S609A Navigation System Professional
S612A BMW Assist
S614A Internet Preparations
S615A Expanded BMW Online Information
S616A BMW Online
S620A Voice Control
S633A Preparation Mobile Phone Business
S676A HiFi Speaker System
S698A AreaCode 2 For DVD
S6AAA BMW TeleServices
S6ABA Control For Teleservices
S6FLA USBAudio Interface
S7SPA Nav Professionalcellph Prep Bluetooth
Because for whatever reason BMW at CIC decided when you have a USB at your center console (in your case 6FL) AUX is connected to your Mulf/Combox at the trunk and AUX of HU is deactivated.

only way to get the HU AUX active is to code out 6FL in your case.(and 6NF if the car has) but then you loose the 6FL (and 6NF) feature.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #2269
mdaxx
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F31 330dx

Android Auto without Dongle! (and wireless)

Hi all,

I'm not sure if you know about this app that makes android auto work without the need of a dongle and with better resolution, the app is called HeadunitReloaded, there is a free trial version that gives you 30 mins to try it out and if it works there is a paid version, install it on your head unit not on your phone.

I have the 9.0 64GB Snap Dragon head unit in my F31 and it come with the white dongle but I wasn't happy with the stretched and pixelated UI.

With reloaded I can plug my phone straight into one of the head unit's USB ports.

I've had reloaded installed for a few months now and had time to play with it and all the features, the best part of this app is you can set up the screen resolution and pixel density (see attachment) which lets you choose if you want split screen or full screen android auto.

I set up developer mode in the AA app on my phone and set the resolution to 1080p

Then in reloaded I set the pixel density to around 221 for split screen or 251 for full screen (or the other way round)
There are a few other settings in reloaded which are useful.

This also makes Waze work nicely though AA as I found the head unit's installed waze was buggy and sound only come through one speaker, but with AA it works flawless.

Anyway I hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MrChang36.00
      01-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #2270
elnino72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 320I

Quote:
I have an OEM Harman amp - option 676 "hifi loudspeaker system". Everything goes through AUX at that back of CCC unit.
Do you have the maximum audio at that on Android settings? However at about 30 the volume is very high and clear, I am satisfied
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #2271
Kuj0n
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 320xdA B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaxx View Post
Hi all,

I'm not sure if you know about this app that makes android auto work without the need of a dongle and with better resolution, the app is called HeadunitReloaded, there is a free trial version that gives you 30 mins to try it out and if it works there is a paid version, install it on your head unit not on your phone.
How have you changed screen display mode between 1st and 2nd photo?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:32 PM   #2272
mdaxx
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F31 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuj0n View Post
How have you changed screen display mode between 1st and 2nd photo?
Switch to new look UI and switch on developer settings on your phone, and set resolution to 1080 in developer settings.

On reloaded app on your head unit (keep phone unplugged to get to settings page on reloaded) change resolution to 1080p and then choose pixel density: 221 for full screen and 251 for split screen (or the other way round)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #2273
gbracerx1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 - Midnight Blue

For those on 3.8.3 does idrive still work backwards in CarPlay. I currently am on 3.8 and idrive works backwards. If it is fixed on 3.8.3 then I will go to that. I also noticed in carplay that the highs are muddled and had to turn down the aux input on the idrive side.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #2274
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Hi all,

I have the 9.0 64GB Snap Dragon head unit in my F31 and it come with the white dongle but I wasn't happy with the stretched and pixelated UI.

With reloaded I can plug my phone straight into one of the head unit's USB ports.

I've had reloaded installed for a few months now and had time to play with it and all the features, the best part of this app is you can set up the screen resolution and pixel density (see attachment) which lets you choose if you want split screen or full screen android auto.

I set up developer mode in the AA app on my phone and set the resolution to 1080p

Then in reloaded I set the pixel density to around 221 for split screen or 251 for full screen (or the other way round)

This also makes Waze work nicely though AA as I found the head unit's installed waze was buggy and sound only come through one speaker, but with AA it works flawless.

Looks nice, have you tried the self mode? Doesn't seem to work for me and I don't have an android phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:52 AM   #2275
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino72 View Post
Do you have the maximum audio at that on Android settings? However at about 30 the volume is very high and clear, I am satisfied
I have it set to 38. At 40 every now and then there is a "pop" noise in my tweeters.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 02:09 AM   #2276
tmirage
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtee View Post
Looks nice, have you tried the self mode? Doesn't seem to work for me and I don't have an android phone.
I got the self mode working yesterday in the paid version. The trial version kept displaying a black screen every time i started the self mode after a certain moment even after reboot/reinstall/force clear off the app.

If you follow the steps for the self mode in android auto and then buy the paid version you can test it for 2 hours in which you will get your money back if you uninstall.
I did a chargeback on the app tho. the time i had with HUR i had issues with getting waze to work. When i wanted to set an address in waze HUR kept refreshing and suddenly crashed.

So im not convinced it is a 100% usable product yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:08 AM   #2277
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Hi all,

I can't get it to work.

I configure all (as I saw in youtube videos what could be wrong) and when i connect I only have a black screen also my phone says that is connected.

Can you make a manual how to configure?

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:56 AM   #2278
novoiperkele
Rep
Drives: BMW E46, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Alright, I finished my Layoutchanger.

This will change the layout for UI 'Common_UI_GS' (or AV8 how Avin calls it).
ID5, ID6, ID7 will NOT be changed/affected.

Tested and working on Snapdragon 625 4GB unit with OS v2.8.3.
Requirements:
- Root
- EdXposed
- Know what you are doing

Download both .zips below and upload all .png's from folder 'original' to your device at
/sdcard/av8layoutchanger/tiles/
(create directory if it doesn't exist)

If you want to create your own images, put them in that folder as well.
I included blank images for that purpose.

Remove '.pdf' from the APK's ending.

Install the .apk, enable it in the (Ed)Xposed Manager and reboot.
Use the included settings app to change the tiles to your liking.

Important: Due to the nature of these changes, every modification requires a reboot before it is applied to the layout.

Use at your own risk. Expect errors.

No idea yet how to handle a proper release. I'll wait for some feedback and then probably make a new thread.
Is it possible to get Common_UI_GS from somewhere or adapt this to IDX?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 04:01 AM   #2279
novoiperkele
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
How far does it boot at all ? any screenshots ?
Check Page 1 of this thread, there are links to Recovery for PX6 and SD625 with Android 9.
No, it just locked up in use. Worked after the car was off lon enough.

So there is no button to reset it without waitin for the car to go off?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 04:07 AM   #2280
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by novoiperkele View Post
No, it just locked up in use. Worked after the car was off lon enough.

So there is no button to reset it without waitin for the car to go off?
Standalone displays normaly do have the reset button hole next to the SIM/SD card slot on the back side of the display.
Here you can see the slots and the little hole at the video.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 04:19 AM   #2281
novoiperkele
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Standalone displays normaly do have the reset button hole next to the SIM/SD card slot on the back side of the display.
Here you can see the slots and the little hole at the video.

Kri
THANKS!!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 05:44 AM   #2282
Kuj0n
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 320xdA B47

Quote:
I got the self mode working yesterday in the paid version. The trial version kept displaying a black screen every time i started the self mode after a certain moment even after reboot/reinstall/force clear off the app.

If you follow the steps for the self mode in android auto and then buy the paid version you can test it for 2 hours in which you will get your money back if you uninstall.
I did a chargeback on the app tho. the time i had with HUR i had issues with getting waze to work. When i wanted to set an address in waze HUR kept refreshing and suddenly crashed.

So im not convinced it is a 100% usable product yet.
I am using selfmode since i don't have android phone and it's working great.
I am using auto launcher after android boot is complete.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #2283
jcompton9
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SPORT (F30)

Quote:
Yes, it is possible but only for CIC with OEM nav. If you have business radio without navigation, CIC will not accept coding for 8.8" screen. Don't ask me why, it is what it is.

May I ask why are you planning to do NBT and Android at the same time? If I had extra cash needed to do CCC to NBT in my E63 (and it gets very expensive very quickly due to lack of second hand trim panels and other bits) I would have that instead of Android.
Android is the priority, due to the extra apps, added functionality etc but whilst upgrading, I want the OEM part of the head unit to improve too as I'm not a huge fan of the way CIC looks now (looks a little dated) I'll definitely be upgrading to a 10.25'' Android unit, but was hoping I could switch between NBT and Android rather than CIC and Android. Hope it's a little clearer now.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #2284
tmirage
Rep

Quote:
But how is your experience with waze? i just bought it again to test with it so i am really gonna try to make it work but i still got problems to get waze to input an address. when i select the search menu in waze the screen starts to tilt by flickering and restarting waze 3 times till the whole HUR crashes. the further features seem to be working good. even the idrive controller (to bad we cant scroll with the wheel tho) works good.

anyone got an idea about that waze integration?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 07:45 AM   #2285
lehtee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Can you share your setup? AA app version, resolution & DPI settings etc. inside HUR? I cannot get mine to work, only black screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 07:52 AM   #2286
tmirage
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtee View Post
Can you share your setup? AA app version, resolution & DPI settings etc. inside HUR? I cannot get mine to work, only black screen.
one important question first i think. have you bought the full version or are you on the trial limited 5 minutes version?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 07:58 AM   #2287
lehtee
Private
Rep

Quote:
one important question first i think. have you bought the full version or are you on the trial limited 5 minutes version?
I have bought the full version. I could actually get self mode work at 480p resolution and 110 dpi, but it looks awful. If I try better resolution/dpi its just black screen. 1080p/720p output is allowed in AA settings.

Last edited by lehtee; 01-23-2020 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #2288
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
just force 720p on hur, dont mess with dpi and dont touch anything on androidauto app. Works great for me in self mode once I got root.
Appreciate 0