F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW M2 Anti-Lag braaap sound after lifting the throttle (N55 engines)
GetBMWParts

01-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #23
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by POMFKIMOCHI View Post
Maybe because he's tired of re-explaining what he's actually referring to in his parent post? I find it hilarious that some boomers are chiming in with their so - called 'data' that come from their expansive bmw engineering knowledge and understanding that they've obtained from driving their wives' x3s.
All of your attempts at 'helping' were conjecture and ultimately unrelated to the OP and comes off as annoying. Yet you still continue to speak even after OP shut you down. Instead, you should apologize for filling the thread with incorrect / impertinent posts?
If the OP hadn't started out by saying "NOT ANOTHER BURBLE TUNE" and instead been a little more clear, it would have gone much better.

Mostly because this is directly associated with a "burble" and the challenge is that most tuners don't care about tuning for funsies and instead feed off each other for their "top secret" formulations. As such, most OTS and general e-tuner maps have the same shit. I haven't seen anyone serious posting anything about valvetronic tuning or injection timing tuning. However, I have been able to recreate (after the exhausting read and mental gymnastics required to decypher what OP is trying to get across) the antilag off-throttle behavior.

It's absolutely no secret what is going on here - Ignition timing is retarded, Fuel cutoff is pushed out, and Injection Timing is retarded (i.e. every subarufanboy). Bringing up stuff like wastegate (which is for BOOST control.... ffs) and the likes are just plain ignorant and contribute to the mind-fuckery that the original post is - convoluted and confusing. That said, there may be more going on, like valvetronic tuning, which is why i briefly mentioned it.

Further, I don't see the point in picking apart the fact that I do my tuning on my own X3. Previous M2s were powered by the N55. We all share the same powerplant. Why are you hating on those who are trying to advance developments?

I was trying to express to OP that I experience the same behavior he desires on my X3 after watching all 78543 of his videos and reading through his wall of text. Then he gets pissed at another member and I for trying to help him out.

After all this, I still offer to help and ask questions. If there is a HW rev of the DME unnecessarily purchased out there, I can find it and we can be in business. Once you know what to look for via WinOLS, you can compare bins side by side without definitions required. I have translated a lot of the S55 and M2 configurations over to my N55 X3.

Lastly, what have YOU added to this thread????
Appreciate 5
n55david1295.50
DeeM5527.50
doodlebro121.00
      01-14-2020, 11:40 AM   #24
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
If the OP hadn't started out by saying "NOT ANOTHER BURBLE TUNE" and instead been a little more clear, it would have gone much better.

Mostly because this is directly associated with a "burble" and the challenge is that most tuners don't care about tuning for funsies and instead feed off each other for their "top secret" formulations. As such, most OTS and general e-tuner maps have the same shit. I haven't seen anyone serious posting anything about valvetronic tuning or injection timing tuning. However, I have been able to recreate (after the exhausting read and mental gymnastics required to decypher what OP is trying to get across) the antilag off-throttle behavior.

It's absolutely no secret what is going on here - Ignition timing is retarded, Fuel cutoff is pushed out, and Injection Timing is retarded (i.e. every subarufanboy). Bringing up stuff like wastegate (which is for BOOST control.... ffs) and the likes are just plain ignorant and contribute to the mind-fuckery that the original post is - convoluted and confusing. That said, there may be more going on, like valvetronic tuning, which is why i briefly mentioned it.

Further, I don't see the point in picking apart the fact that I do my tuning on my own X3. Previous M2s were powered by the N55. We all share the same powerplant. Why are you hating on those who are trying to advance developments?

I was trying to express to OP that I experience the same behavior he desires on my X3 after watching all 78543 of his videos and reading through his wall of text. Then he gets pissed at another member and I for trying to help him out.

After all this, I still offer to help and ask questions. If there is a HW rev of the DME unnecessarily purchased out there, I can find it and we can be in business. Once you know what to look for via WinOLS, you can compare bins side by side without definitions required. I have translated a lot of the S55 and M2 configurations over to my N55 X3.

I want to contribute too!!!

Btw, I am definitely not a "boomer" and still think that term is dumb. I love hearing it and then calling them an Oklahoma fan.
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 1
anjuna306.50
      01-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #25
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post

Btw, I am definitely not a "boomer" and still think that term is dumb. I love hearing it and then calling them an Oklahoma fan.
No kidding. I'd wager I am younger than said shit-poster.
This is a fun hobby for me. I generally believe people aren't shitty and enjoy the challenge of helping when I can.

I have a full time job in industrial controls, software development, infrastructure, and analytics. I won't pretend that I know any of this stuff like a REAL BMW tuner should, but god damn if I can't be dangerous.
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      01-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #26
POMFKIMOCHI
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT/RWD EBII

Quote:

Holy shit.. Not only have you single-handedly cracked open and solved the case that people have been discussing for years, you did it without imposing any opinions, circumstantial evidence, or conjecture into your analysis!

If you haven't gotten the joke by now, /s

There seems to be a couple quite dense individuals here (3 f25 owners for some reason) that need some help reading and actually understanding the information they were presented with.

OP actually started out his thread with a video very clearly expressing the particular sound he was after. He had originally made a thread on the f22 forums and had began to address people's responses through quotations, all whilst staying mature and calm. Sure he threw in some sarcasm, who isn't guilty of that? ALSO, although I hope we aren't children here (some individuals make me beg to differ), the name calling was started by phantom and continued by anj. ASSES..

AND... This is where the 3 smartasses come in. Anj (you) starts off by stating that you get the same noises. This where the issue begins already. Not sure if there's something wrong with your ears or how they process sounds, but the video the OP first linked, and then subsequently linked another video in direct response to your incorrect assertions shows that there is a very big difference in the noises between x3s and m2s. Even after the video he posted to show the X3 sounds are very different than what he was referring to in his parent post, your undeveloped brain got held up you started spouting about how its EXACTLY how your X3 sounds in your 'sport(+) '. He posted that vid to show the difference, which is VERY apparent, which is why he's confused as to why you're misunderstanding and getting exacerbated for no reason. Here is the key phrase : "What's the point of replying here if you don't even know what you are talking about? None besides M cars are doing this kind of behavior. We are not talking about the sound while upshifting gears (this is stock/OEM sound)."

Anyone that knows anything about BMW's sports cars or other performance oriented vehicles very easily can tell the differences between upshift farts (Dct or/vs zf), burbles (natural vs artificial), and the specific resonance that only m2s make immediately after coming off throttle, even when not under that much load, which is heavily emphasized with the removal of the m2s cat.

It's absolutely fucking rich when you say you've 'deciphered' the post, when it isn't convoluted or confusing at all, and yet, even now, you still don't know what OP Is talking about. You say there's absolutely no secret as to what's going on? Then why hasn't this been recreated by ANYONE (tuners or modders alike) for the 5 years that this car has been out? Oh no, but you, YOU, the professional self taught tuner/coder, have correctly 'recreated' the behaviour. You said you watched through OP's 78000 videos when he linked a couple, and his wall of text was literally separate thoughts and responses to comments (quotes). THIS is a wall of text, and I doubt your attention span will allow you to fully read through this destruction that I've written up while at work. Let's make things clear here, OP didn't get 'pissed' at you and another member for trying to 'help out', he got 'pissed' cuz you didnt read/understand the fucking thread.

And please tell me more about the power plant in your X3 vs the M2. I'm sure the fact that most of the important/essential internals are different parts/materials, and that the air intake and exhaust manifolds are completey different, and their turbos has no impact whatsoever.

After all this, you still continue to embarrass yourselves. I'm 23 btw, how about you? I may not have contributed anything previously on this thread, but at I haven't detracted from it. OP said he didn't want a shit talk thread which was directed at you, so who's the real shit-poster here? I feel bad for the corporation that employed you, they must be losing a bunch on all the mistakes you must make for not being able to comprehend simple words and getting so flustered.

Last edited by POMFKIMOCHI; 01-15-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 12:09 PM   #27
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Holy shit.. Not only have you single-handedly cracked open and solved the case that people have been discussing for years, you did it without imposing any opinions, circumstantial evidence, or conjecture into your analysis!

If you haven't gotten the joke by now, /s

There seems to be a couple quite dense individuals here (3 f25 owners for some reason) that need some help reading and actually understanding the information they were presented with.

OP actually started out his thread with a video very clearly expressing the particular sound he was after. He had originally made a thread on the f22 forums and had began to address people's responses through quotations, all whilst staying mature and calm. Sure he threw in some sarcasm, who isn't guilty of that? ALSO, although I hope we aren't children here (some individuals make me beg to differ), the name calling was started by phantom and continued by anj. ASSES..

AND... This is where the 3 smartasses come in. Anj (you) starts off by stating that you get the same noises. This where the issue begins already. Not sure if there's something wrong with your ears or how they process sounds, but the video the OP first linked, and then subsequently linked another video in direct response to your incorrect assertions shows that there is a very big difference in the noises between x3s and m2s. Even after the video he posted to show the X3 sounds are very different than what he was referring to in his parent post, your undeveloped brain got held up you started spouting about how its EXACTLY how your X3 sounds in your 'sport(+) '. He posted that vid to show the difference, which is VERY apparent, which is why he's confused as to why you're misunderstanding and getting exacerbated for no reason. Here is the key phrase : "What's the point of replying here if you don't even know what you are talking about? None besides M cars are doing this kind of behavior. We are not talking about the sound while upshifting gears (this is stock/OEM sound)."

Anyone that knows anything about BMW's sports cars or other performance oriented vehicles very easily can tell the differences between upshift farts (Dct or/vs zf), burbles (natural vs artificial), and the specific resonance that only m2s make immediately after coming off throttle, even when not under that much load, which is heavily emphasized with the removal of the m2s cat.

It's absolutely fucking rich when you say you've 'deciphered' the post, when it isn't convoluted or confusing at all, and yet, even now, you still don't know what OP Is talking about. You say there's absolutely no secret as to what's going on? Then why hasn't this been recreated by ANYONE (tuners or modders alike) for the 5 years that this car has been out? Oh no, but you, YOU, the professional self taught tuner/coder, have correctly 'recreated' the behaviour. You said you watched through OP's 78000 videos when he linked a couple, and his wall of text was literally separate thoughts and responses to comments (quotes). THIS is a wall of text, and I doubt your attention span will allow you to fully read through this destruction that I've written up while at work. Let's make things clear here, OP didn't get 'pissed' at you and another member for trying to 'help out', he got 'pissed' cuz you didnt read/understand the fucking thread.

And please tell me more about the power plant in your X3 vs the M2. I'm sure the fact that most of the important/essential internals are different parts/materials, and that the air intake and exhaust manifolds are completey different, and their turbos has no impact whatsoever.

After all this, you still continue to embarrass yourselves. I'm 23 btw, how about you? I may not have contributed anything previously on this thread, but at I haven't detracted from it. OP said he didn't want a shit talk thread which was directed at you, so who's the real shit-poster here?

Are you the OP's lawyer or significant other to get so worked up about something so trivial?!
doodlebro121.00
MAKH 588.50
blakep842.00
      01-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #28
POMFKIMOCHI
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post

Are you the OP's lawyer or significant other to get so worked up about something so trivial?!
Nope, just had some free time on my hands whilst getting paid so I thought I'd indulge myself. I am actually studying my law undergrad at uni so you could say this is just practice for dealing with the retards of the world. Just another case that I've addressed with minimal effort/time spent on my part to be honest.

Also, I am genuinely interested in this topic, and would prefer to keep the thread on topic, but there were 1 too many dumbasses harrassing OPs thread for no reason, just thought I'd clear some stuff up. Probably just a waste of finger effort though.
Appreciate 2
      01-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #29
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope, just had some free time on my hands whilst getting paid so I thought I'd indulge myself. I am actually studying my law undergrad at uni so you could say this is just practice for dealing with the retards of the world. Just another case that I've addressed with minimal effort/time spent on my part to be honest.

Also, I am genuinely interested in this topic, and would prefer to keep the thread on topic, but there were 1 too many dumbasses harrassing OPs thread for no reason, just thought I'd clear some stuff up. Probably just a waste of finger effort though.
Glad to hear life is working out so well for you. You were right about one thing at least - I'm 25.

If you understand so much, prove yourself. Again, I'll ask - what have you contributed??

You'll be the last person on earth to have these tables exposed. I've even left the axes exposed for your ass to attempt to mine these out. Hell, they're even stock values, so that should be easy for someone of your...... caliber.

Good luck. You'll need it. People like you are the reason those who actually make progress take things private.

Quote:
You keep using words, but i'm not sure you really understand the meaning of them.

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N55
Quote:
2016–2018 F87 M2 — 272 kW (365 bhp)
Yes, its EWG vs PWG, but with your logic, I guess Xdrive vs non-Xdrive cars are a totally different animal, amirite? For clarity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_m235i View Post
...The N55B30M0 was used in both PWG (old) and EWG (newer) applications and are not interchangeable.

The M2 N55B30T0 is not a semi closed deck. Its an open deck design.

The N55B30M0 is absolutely weaker than the N55B30T0. The N55B30T0 has forged crank, dual oil sumps to prevent oil starvation during hard cornering, bigger oil pan, S55 piston heads. You can get the same power with a tune out of all the EWG engines but the 0M0 is weaker and more prone to failures like snapped crankshafts when pushed (seen it multiple times), and the possibility of oil starvation when tracking.

The N55B30O0 in the M235/M135 has all the forged bits of the M2 engine, without the S55 piston heads, larger oil pan, or dual oil sumps....
Stay in uni....

Last edited by anjuna; 01-15-2020 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: clairty
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      01-15-2020, 03:27 PM   #30
POMFKIMOCHI
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

It seems you have a glossing over issue, you should work on that. Maybe try reading things over if it's too much information to take in all at once? You seemed to have missed some important points, but as I digress..

Quote:
If you understand so much, prove yourself. Again, I'll ask - what have you contributed?
I didn't contribute anything here, why would I? I have a f22 b58, and in the f22 thread, I brought up that if the strumming resonance on throttle lift from the m2 was just a trickery of the VVT and intake/exhaust timing, then it should be able to be replicated on similar engines without a BOV or diverter valve. However, I never initially confused the sound with the braap you get from shifting a zf or the typical turbo farts you get out of an m2c or m4. That's the issue at hand here. You speak of contributions, what happened to this?

Quote:
If you REALLY want me to prove it, I WILL and post a youtube video with it. I'll even get the whole car in the picture just to prove it.

Your delivery of this video will clear up things.

Let's continue shall we?

Quote:
You'll be the last person on earth to have these tables exposed. I've even left the axes exposed for your ass to attempt to mine these out. Hell, they're even stock values, so that should be easy for someone of your...... caliber.
It's great that you have a hobby that's related to your job that allows you to unlock the max potential of your suv(sav?), that's also some great software that is being utilized in that image. The individuals that coded that are the real talented ones contributing. I'm sure the aimless wandering you call 'mining' is really breaking lots of new ground here.

Quote:
Good luck. You'll need it. People like you are the reason those who actually make progress take things private.
Take things private? You mean make a living out of it? Just because I can waste some time at work talking at you people, doesn't mean I have time to waste looking at hypotheticals and messing around with shit that can break or things I can otherwise pay actually trained individuals to do. I am very happy with the products and services that people offer in this community and am more than willing to pay for actual productive efforts.

Quote:
You keep using words, but i'm not sure you really understand the meaning of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N55

Yes, its EWG vs PWG, but with your logic, I guess Xdrive vs non-Xdrive cars are a totally different animal, amirite? For clarity...

Stay in uni....
The rest of your post further proves my point about how clueless you are about the topic at hand here. Wow.. Didn't you really just link the wiki page for n55s? And why are you bringing up wastegates again? I thought you said this?

Quote:
Also, reread your original post. I find it interesting that you're convinced that a sound comes from a "wastegate."
It has nothing to do with a wastegate.
Probably not going to look at this thread any more, I'll be heading back over to the f22 side, but just to clear something up, my initial post wasn't as much as a reaction to you, but to doodlebro and this genius
Quote:
The wifes f25 isnt tuned and has stock downpipe.

And yep.. it does it. Ass.
You just also chimed in to complete the stooge trio.

Cheers.

Last edited by POMFKIMOCHI; 01-15-2020 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 08:05 AM   #31
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Appreciate 1
anjuna306.50
      01-19-2020, 03:50 AM   #32
Thomas590
Private
Rep
Drives: A3 2.0T

Lightbulb

I apologize for being inactive, but soon after f25 owners strike back at me for no reason (tried to explain them that they are wrong), I just gave up and went back to 2'series forums. Just to be clear, I don't want to have a shit post thread, I all want is get more details about the M2 (N55) behavior.

Quote:
Maybe because he's tired of re-explaining what he's actually referring to in his parent post? I find it hilarious that some boomers are chiming in with their so - called 'data' that come from their expansive bmw engineering knowledge and understanding that they've obtained from driving their wives' x3s.
All of your attempts at 'helping' were conjecture and ultimately unrelated to the OP and comes off as annoying. Yet you still continue to speak even after OP shut you down. Instead, you should apologize for filling the thread with incorrect / impertinent posts?
Thanks POMFKIMOCHI , you are the only guy here who make me reply here back. Because after F25 owners replies, I thought there is no point of pushing this thread forward. Not at least here.

Quote:
My bad, I should put 60 font size and use red color.

Guys, said things that shouldn't have been said.. we can each other asses, rednecks, 12'olds. Let's forget about that and focus at the actual problem.
More and more people are getting interested in this modification. Please don't bring F25 stuff here again.

Quote:
Everyone is welcome here! Only together we can get this thing to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post

He's the only one person who understands the problem. I see no issue with that, he only tries to prove that F25 owners weren't 100% correct with their thoughts about the sound we are talking about.

Quote:
Let's continue shall we?
Hey man, there is no need to do that. Me, you and others know about it. F25 with stock OEM tune, burble tune, catless downpipes will never make this kind of sound until we figure out how it's done on the M2 (N55). Once we discover it, we can pretty much port it to any N55 vehicle EVEN X3 335i!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKH 5 View Post
Have you tried the BM3 Transmission Flash. It made the throttle blip more pronounced for me. Sounds like the first video you posted but better honestly. Could be because of the AWE. Not sure. F30 N55 fyi.
Nah, it's not a simple trans flash. It's more complicated.

QUICK UPDATE AS OF 01.19.2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by f20two View Post
Still interested in this. It's not the shift "fart" between shifts. It's the anti-lag sound after letting off the throttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
I was doing a little research as to what makes this sound in my M2c, as I had previously thought it was a DSG only thing before taking delivery of my (manual) car.

My understanding is that the car doesn't have a blow-off valve. Traditionally, a BOV works on the INTAKE side of the turbo and relieves excess pressure when the driver suddenly lifts off the throttle (as that pressure has to go somewhere and without a BOV will go right back into the turbo the wrong way, severely slowing it down and prematurely wearing on the turbo.)

BMW's solution apparently is to just use the variable valve timing to overlap the intake and exhaust valves, letting the pressure wave blow right through the cylinders. Afterwards, it hits the exhaust side of the turbo, keeping it spooled and working as a sort of anti-lag. I think the braaap sound is probably a big pressure wave of air flowing through the cylinders without igniting.

Anyway, that's my understanding of things, I may be wrong, but if not, it's a pretty cool solution to both prolong turbo life and keep the turbos spooled at the same time, as traditional, old school anti-lag is super hard on the exhaust side of the turbo.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O5E46M3 View Post
If this is solved I'll buy a damn M240i or M235i

Time to move on from my M3, don't like the M4 enough to buy and a nice M235i I can get for 30k AUD where as the cheapest M2 ATM is around 60k...

That's a lot of track mod money
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj View Post
you're not very far from how it its.

Bad news is I tried the flash onto my N55 EWG and the software has FSC protection finally, so it's not possible to run it without some massive reverse engineering effort.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 01:05 PM   #33
doodlebro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Quote:

Imagine calling people boomers who are quite close to your age... What an embarrassment of an account. I thought Canadians were polite but this is probably the first exception I've found.

There's a right way to communicate in public. Up until the OP started to get frustrated, everything was cordial. Afterwards we have a bunch of children who just bought their first sports car with daddy's money defending someone who already wasn't very clear in their communication. In the end we find out who the assholes are (at least that's useful) but otherwise we really haven't gotten anywhere on the original topic.

But hey eff X3 owners cause that's on topic.

I would encourage everyone who couldn't find a nice way to communicate to consider how that sort of attitude perpetuates bad stereotypes about BMW owners and drives away newcomers. Y'all need a timeout from the internet and to spend some time in public.

Last edited by doodlebro; 01-19-2020 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: formatting
Appreciate 1
anjuna306.50
      01-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #34
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

in in for this mod as well. i would like to have this done to my f13 n55!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 06:34 PM   #35
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
It seems you have a glossing over issue, you should work on that. Maybe try reading things over if it's too much information to take in all at once? You seemed to have missed some important points, but as I digress..

I didn't contribute anything here, why would I? I have a f22 b58, and in the f22 thread, I brought up that if the strumming resonance on throttle lift from the m2 was just a trickery of the VVT and intake/exhaust timing, then it should be able to be replicated on similar engines without a BOV or diverter valve. However, I never initially confused the sound with the braap you get from shifting a zf or the typical turbo farts you get out of an m2c or m4. That's the issue at hand here. You speak of contributions, what happened to this?

Let's continue shall we?

It's great that you have a hobby that's related to your job that allows you to unlock the max potential of your suv(sav?), that's also some great software that is being utilized in that image. The individuals that coded that are the real talented ones contributing. I'm sure the aimless wandering you call 'mining' is really breaking lots of new ground here.

Take things private? You mean make a living out of it? Just because I can waste some time at work talking at you people, doesn't mean I have time to waste looking at hypotheticals and messing around with shit that can break or things I can otherwise pay actually trained individuals to do. I am very happy with the products and services that people offer in this community and am more than willing to pay for actual productive efforts.

The rest of your post further proves my point about how clueless you are about the topic at hand here. Wow.. Didn't you really just link the wiki page for n55s? And why are you bringing up wastegates again? I thought you said this?

Probably not going to look at this thread any more, I'll be heading back over to the f22 side, but just to clear something up, my initial post wasn't as much as a reaction to you, but to doodlebro and this genius

You just also chimed in to complete the stooge trio.

Cheers.
Irony is fun
Appreciate 1
anjuna306.50
      01-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #36
waddafucc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 m235i MT White on Black

So.... is there a map for this yet or no...... I’m taking ownership of a m235i this Saturday. And I’m glad I just missed the hellfire that had just been unfolded between people in the later post lmao...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #37
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ok.

after over a month this thread has been created i was finally given the chance to watch the video. all the times before i didnt even watch it because based on the discussion of people confusing the "Braaap" sounds. i may have an unclear opinion about. so i just read the replies in the meantime

with that being said.

i was able to watch the Video under High quality audio ( home theater enthusiast). and i dont know why the OP is having as hassle with some members here BECAUSE THERE IS CLEARLY A DIFFERENCE between upshift brap, burble brap, & throttle lift brap!!!!!

this thread should not have been this long etc.

Anyway. was still a comical read for me none-the-less

OP, were you able to receive the file and see if it worked or are you doing some testing?

also i see you mention this feature to be "Hard flashed" which means if you were to successfully able to have it flashed to anny n55 ecu. it would essentially be there all the time and nothing you would be able to change in the drive settings? (comfort/sport/s+). i ask as this is something i would like to have in sport/+ and not in eco/comfort.

and lastly is this something that could be done with a MHD unlocked ecu and not just BM3.

Last edited by e38740imd; 01-23-2020 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:22 AM   #38
waddafucc
United_States
Rep

Yo guys check this video out. He retrofit the m2 muffler to a m235i and it makes the fart noises.
Could this be an answer? I’m not a expert. So don’t flame me lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:23 AM   #39
waddafucc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddafucc View Post
Yo guys check this video out. He retrofit the m2 muffler to a m235i and it makes the fart noises.
It’s after each time he shifts up
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 05:08 AM   #40
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e38740imd View Post
Ok.

after over a month this thread has been created i was finally given the chance to watch the video. all the times before i didnt even watch it because based on the discussion of people confusing the "Braaap" sounds. i may have an unclear opinion about. so i just watched and read the replies in the meantime

with that being said.

i was able to watch the Video under High quality audio ( home theater enthusiast). and i dont know why the OP is having as hassle with some members here BECAUSE THERE IS CLEARLY A DIFFERENCE between upshift brap, burble brap, & throttle lift brap!!!!!

this thread should not have been this long etc.

Anyway. was still a comical read for me none-the-less

OP, were you able to receive the file and see if it worked or are you doing some testing?

also i see you mention this feature to be "Hard flashed" which means if you were to successfully able to have it flashed to anny n55 ecu. it would essentially be there all the time and nothing you would be able to change in the drive settings? (comfort/sport/s+). i ask as this is something i would like to have in sport/+ and not in eco/comfort.

and lastly is this something that could be done with a MHD unlocked ecu and not just BM3.
I also can clearly differentiate the braaps.. My ZF8 makes pretty amazing upshift braaps but if there's a way to flash they throttle lift braap, sign me up. I asked PTF, Pure, RK, and a few other people if they thought it was was some sort of limiter or something... no one really knows what it is though
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #41
Thomas590
Private
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
and i dont know why the OP is having as hassle with some members here BECAUSE THERE IS CLEARLY A DIFFERENCE between upshift brap, burble brap, & throttle lift brap!!!!!
But bruh, my wifo X3 does that!

Quote:
I haven't yet got the file, but once I will get it I will share it with some people. My plan is to decode the encrypted file by my friend.

Quote:
That's just too early to say anything.

Quote:
is this something that could be done with a MHD unlocked ecu and not just BM3.
Dunno, probably after DME unlock.. yea..
We have to show to MHD, BM3 how many people are interested in this kind of modification. Then we can speed up the whole proces of this development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddafucc View Post
Nope, that's stock OEM sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
but if there's a way to flash they throttle lift braap, sign me up. I asked PTF, Pure, RK, and a few other people if they thought it was was some sort of limiter or something... no one really knows what it is though
There is a lot of people willing to do this mod, but nobody yet researched this. The same feature is shared accross all M cars. Don't matter if it's DCT or stick. Hopefully we can get some answers soonTM

Please invite your friends into this thread.
We need to show, how many people are interested in this modification.
I'm pretty sure somebody (tuner) will look into asap.
If somebody could get this to work = golden mine.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #42
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

i love that m2 off throttle braap noise need it in my m135i

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 04:24 PM   #43
Thomas590
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
i love that m2 off throttle braap noise need it in my m135i
I just simply can't get enough!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 11:34 PM   #44