F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Vandalized 340i
GetBMWParts

10-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #67
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M Sport 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330XDave View Post
This sounds harsh but if I were you I'd get rid of the 340i and go for something more mainstream until you can manage to move to a nicer area. I think you are just asking for trouble parking a £40k car there.
House next, its burglary central looking at those crime stats and they probably don't need an excuse with such a lovely motor outside.

(sorry OP but bloody hell mate its bordering on more than dodgy around there)

Last edited by ossi1; 10-17-2018 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #68
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_89 View Post
I had my roof on f30 caved in by a couple of twats last year got it repaired by insurance for the cost of 4k as a guide for you. sorry to hear what's happened
£4K good god!!
      10-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #69
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_89 View Post
I had my roof on f30 caved in by a couple of twats last year got it repaired by insurance for the cost of 4k as a guide for you. sorry to hear what's happened
£4K good god!!
Yep cost of a new roof and respray across bonnet and bumpers.
      10-18-2018, 06:28 AM   #70
Abzynthe
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Gran Coupe LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescouselander View Post
Looks like there's all sorts of things going on down there. June 18 looks particularly exciting.

https://www.police.uk/west-midlands/...50281.1250278/
Investigation complete; no suspect identified

Fills you with confidence doesn't it
      10-18-2018, 06:53 AM   #71
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Spend less money on a car and more money on living in a better area. Looks like ghetto ex council area from that google maps link.
Appreciate 2
Watsey6399.00
nascot124.50
      10-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #72
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

Think some of these comments are slightly out of order....

OP has had his car vandalised... and people critising his choice of car for the area he lives.... he shouldnt have to sacrifice a nice car just because some scrotes want to mindlessly vandalise it.

When I bought my first house it was in a less than desirable part of Derby, i had the “fanciest” car on the road.... even got burgled by some chancers looking for the keys. Ironically the family next door with a new mondeo was prob worth more than my 5yr old Z4 at the time!

After i got over it i ramped up the security but i didnt let it stop me enjoying my cars... and when i felt it was time to get a new house i moved....
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 07:38 AM   #73
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post

OP has had his car vandalised... and people critising his choice of car for the area he lives.... he shouldnt have to sacrifice a nice car just because some scrotes want to mindlessly vandalise it.

When I bought my first house it was in a less than desirable part of Derby, i had the “fanciest” car on the road.... even got burgled by some chancers looking for the keys. Ironically the family next door with a new mondeo was prob worth more than my 5yr old Z4 at the time!

After i got over it i ramped up the security but i didnt let it stop me enjoying my cars... and when i felt it was time to get a new house i moved....
I agree that some of the comments may sound harsh but purely as practical suggestions they are probably right. You're right that in an ideal world we wouldn't have to worry about such things but unfortunately life on planet earth is far from ideal so it's about making choice and whilst doing so understanding the potential consequences of that choice.

Having a nice car comes with benefits but in the wrong environment can turn out to be a headache.

I feel for the OP too, moving house is stressful anyway and to be confronted with this after moving in is a nightmare. I have to say that something less conspicuous may lead to a more peaceful life, at least in the short term.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #74
thescouselander
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post

I don't know if you've looked at the stats for the OPs road but car crime, arson and vandalism are regular occurrences on that road. While it's not right I'd be very concerned about parking any car down there.

It might be harsh to criticize the area but objectively there is clearly a problem which indicates it's not a good idea to leave an expensive car parked there.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #75
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigUK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossi1 View Post
If it is the parking area at the end of Princethorpe Road the houses appear quite well set back from the road. The streetview is quite interesting, I'm trying to work out if those lads are stripping that Audi or simply changing the rear brake shoes.

I'd probably park any replacement vehicle further down the road where it would be better overlooked.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.43...7i13312!8i6656

They look a little young to own an Audi and when was the last time you chose to replace wheels and the interior at the same time!
I bet the Street View driver didn't want to hang around there either!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #76
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

The most valuable thing there is that old Land Rover - those things are nicked to order and there's a big market for cars and parts.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #77
alex1002
Rep
Drives: Bmw 340i Shadow edition

Bought the car before moving. Besides the point. From what crime rates I've seen for the area, it's on par with selly oak anyway. And no, there's some at least decent cars around. In a way, that's why i wanted it written off. Buy something else a bit more subtle. But alas, i need to just put up with it. Hopefully it won't happen again, and if it does, I'll have at least some proof. And btw, everyone is judging the area by some reports on the internet. I actually live there and i can tell you it's actually ok. Street view looks horrendous tho, I'll give you that much. As far as breaking in, i got some decent security measures, and if someone does try it, the police will be there before they knew what was happening. I got broken into before. Anyway.
Tl:dr: stop jumping on the bandwagon of bashing the area. It's a pretty nice area, with decent people. It only takes one to spoil it for everyone
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #78
alex1002
Rep

Anyway, can a mod please close this thread as it contains sensitive personal information and honestly it deviated from the subject so much it's not useful anymore. Ty
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 03:11 AM   #79
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1002 View Post
Bought the car before moving. Besides the point. From what crime rates I've seen for the area, it's on par with selly oak anyway. And no, there's some at least decent cars around. In a way, that's why i wanted it written off. Buy something else a bit more subtle. But alas, i need to just put up with it. Hopefully it won't happen again, and if it does, I'll have at least some proof. And btw, everyone is judging the area by some reports on the internet. I actually live there and i can tell you it's actually ok. Street view looks horrendous tho, I'll give you that much. As far as breaking in, i got some decent security measures, and if someone does try it, the police will be there before they knew what was happening. I got broken into before. Anyway.
Tl:dr: stop jumping on the bandwagon of bashing the area. It's a pretty nice area, with decent people. It only takes one to spoil it for everyone
Its sad really that this has happened to your car especially moving to a new area however as you say because an area looks bad it doesn't say it is bad too many people make assumptions which can be totally wrong. I do hope this is a one off and once your seen to be living there you will mix quite happily with your new neighbours. Good luck.
On a different note did your insurance premium rise or stop the same when moving to this area I know it is postcode lottery but its normally a good indication.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #80
alex1002
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryg View Post
Its sad really that this has happened to your car especially moving to a new area however as you say because an area looks bad it doesn't say it is bad too many people make assumptions which can be totally wrong. I do hope this is a one off and once your seen to be living there you will mix quite happily with your new neighbours. Good luck.
On a different note did your insurance premium rise or stop the same when moving to this area I know it is postcode lottery but its normally a good indication.
Not tired try. It's gonna be hard to tell now anyway because iv have a claim and lost my ncb
Appreciate 0