F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
GetBMWParts

03-09-2018, 02:13 PM   #221
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
Thank you Tony. I had to download the latest version as when I switched the cars I was getting dreaded error 157. Awesome work!
Thanks for the feedback! Glad I could help.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #222
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankarim View Post
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/7754/3s17VI.jpg

What should I do or what I did wrong?
You should leave your date reverted while doing coding in E-sys. Otherwise please post some more details on the steps you performed to get to this. Did you use the latest version of my script? What Launcher, psdzdata, and E-sys version did you use? What system date did you use?

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 05:52 AM   #223
pankarim
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I changed the date on April 1 2017 as it was indicated. I used your last script 1.5.7.
Here are the rest I used
esys laucher 2.5.3. build 108
esys setup 3.27.1
psdzdata v3.60_lite

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #224
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankarim View Post
I changed the date on April 1 2017 as it was indicated. I used your last script 1.5.7.
Here are the rest I used
esys laucher 2.5.3. build 108
esys setup 3.27.1
psdzdata v3.60_lite

Cheers
Weird... Did you change the date before starting the Launcher? Also, are you absolutely sure the date hadn't changed meanwhile before you got the PIN-popup? On my VM it has a tendency to quietly jump back to 'today' sometimes.

Try to create your token in C:\Data and see if the softtoken PIN-popup matches the same path (it points to C:\EC-APPS\ESG\E-Sys\Freetoken.est now). If not, clear the EST location path in E-sys settings and try again.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:47 AM   #225
Berben
Rep
Drives: F20 120d AT

Anyone still have link for 2.6.2?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #226
claudio18
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520d xdrive touring (F11)

Hi i've this issue:
[IMG][/IMG]

Last year i set up my car coding few things but expecially stereo system from "stereo" to "hifi". Now after being to my local dealer, they updated car software and every coding done has been reset.
I'm trying with this script but can't go on after selecting CAFD. May be there is some old file to delete?
Esys 3.28.1
Launcher 2.7.1
Psdzdata lite 3.61.4
thanks

Update: no .EST file in that directory. What do i have to do?

Last edited by claudio18; 03-14-2018 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #227
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudio18 View Post
Hi i've this issue:

Last year i set up my car coding few things but expecially stereo system from "stereo" to "hifi". Now after being to my local dealer, they updated car software and every coding done has been reset.
I'm trying with this script but can't go on after selecting CAFD. May be there is some old file to delete?
Esys 3.28.1
Launcher 2.7.1
Psdzdata lite 3.61.4
thanks

Update: no .EST file in that directory. What do i have to do?
First of all, be sure to run my script as Administrator.

If my script runs without errors, try the following:
1. Start E-sys directly, not by the Launcher, and go to Options -> Settings.
2. On the EST tab, clear the Soft Token EST path if anything is filled in there.
3. Close E-sys, turn back the system clock if you hadn't done that already and run my script (always the latest version, currently: 1.5.7) to reset the Launcher.
4. Check in Explorer that there is no 'Tokenmaster'-folder in C:\ProgramData.
5. Start the Launcher and enter your path for the EST token file. The default location is "C:\Data" and that seems to work well.
6. Check in Explorer that the .est token file is actually created at the path you specified. Check the file date to make sure it's not an old copy or something. Also check that it's named 'Freetoken.est'.
7. Continue with the Launcher to start E-sys. Once started, you can go to the Settings -> EST tab again and the Soft token path should point to the path you specified in step 5 (e.g. "C:\Data").

Hopefully the error is gone now...

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #228
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just noticed you're using Launcher 2.7.1.... That doesn't let you choose a location for the .EST token file, so forget about step 5 in my previous post.

One addition: to be on the safe side make sure that right after step 2 the EST path is really empty by closing and reopening E-sys and checking this field again. This is very important!

- In step 6, go to the default location that Launcher 2.7.1 uses for the token: "C:\ProgramData\Tokenmaster\E-Sys Launcher Premium\"
- In step 7, you'll probably see the short name notation for "C:\ProgramData\Tokenmaster\E-Sys Launcher Premium\Freetoken.est", which is also in your screenshot.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #229
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oh, and by the way, your C:\ProgramData folder might by hidden in Explorer, but if you simply type it in the address bar at the top it will work.

One more thing: in your screenshot, I can see part of two buttons right at the bottom of the error window. One of these should be the 'Details'-button, which should provide more details about the error. Click it to see whether that provides any help if the steps in my previous posts didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #230
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

A general note to everyone: it seems that psdzdata files undergo some kind of license check. If you get error C157 in E-sys try adjusting your system date and do not revert it to a point before the build date of the psdzdata version you're using.

Psdzdata 3.61.4 came out around May 2017 I believe, so try to revert your system date to a point after that (e.g. 1 June 2017).

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #231
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
A general note to everyone: it seems that psdzdata files undergo some kind of license check. If you get error C157 in E-sys try adjusting your system date and do not revert it to a point before the build date of the psdzdata version you're using.

Psdzdata 3.61.4 came out around May 2017 I believe, so try to revert your system date to a point after that (e.g. 1 June 2017).

Cheers, Tony
August 1st has been my favorite day. I've noticed that 1.5.7 recommends not using day past October something. BTW I am using psdzdata 3.63.4.
Launcher 2.7.1 seemed to work best for me. One doesn't have to provide path for saving token.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 07:04 AM   #232
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
August 1st has been my favorite day. I've noticed that 1.5.7 recommends not using day past October something. BTW I am using psdzdata 3.63.4.
Launcher 2.7.1 seemed to work best for me. One doesn't have to provide path for saving token.
This is interesting.... Producerlawson reported earlier that for pdszdata 3.63.3 the lowest accepted date was 9 December 2017.

Since you're using 3.63.4, which is newer, I would expect to lowest accepted date to go up. But apparently 1 August 2017 is also accepted in your case, so maybe there's no pdzsdata license check after all....

Anyone else successfully using 63.3 or newer with a reverted date before 9 December 2017?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #233
Topon87
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f30

Hi Tony

I need you help
When I run the script it keeps on saying I need to deactivate avast antivirus which I don't have on my laptop and to deactivate the shield. Can you please help me plz. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 12:31 AM   #234
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
This is interesting.... Producerlawson reported earlier that for pdszdata 3.63.3 the lowest accepted date was 9 December 2017.

Since you're using 3.63.4, which is newer, I would expect to lowest accepted date to go up. But apparently 1 August 2017 is also accepted in your case, so maybe there's no pdzsdata license check after all....

Anyone else successfully using 63.3 or newer with a reverted date before 9 December 2017?
I was able to use older date as well like May, but I have been mostly using August 1st lately. I really hope there is no pdzhdata license check...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 04:53 AM   #235
claudio18
Registered
Rep

Quote:
First of all, be sure to run my script as Administrator.

If my script runs without errors, try the following:
1. Start E-sys directly, not by the Launcher, and go to Options -> Settings.
2. On the EST tab, clear the Soft Token EST path if anything is filled in there.
3. Close E-sys, turn back the system clock if you hadn't done that already and run my script (always the latest version, currently: 1.5.7) to reset the Launcher.
4. Check in Explorer that there is no 'Tokenmaster'-folder in C:\ProgramData.
5. Start the Launcher and enter your path for the EST token file. The default location is "C:\Data" and that seems to work well.
6. Check in Explorer that the .est token file is actually created at the path you specified. Check the file date to make sure it's not an old copy or something. Also check that it's named 'Freetoken.est'.
7. Continue with the Launcher to start E-sys. Once started, you can go to the Settings -> EST tab again and the Soft token path should point to the path you specified in step 5 (e.g. "C:\Data").

Hopefully the error is gone now...

Cheers, Tony
many thanks Tony. Well, what i 've done till now is to clean EST tab in ESYS. There was a path registered. Now i've checked two times and it's clear.
I've downloaded and run as administrator your latest script, 1.5.7
Everything with it run well, no stops or something else.
date is set april the first, 2017.
No step 5 of your instructions.
when i run launcher it asks me for the token, i paste it, then it asks me pin i type a randon pin and esys starts. Also .est file appears in "C:\ProgramData\Tokenmaster\E-Sys Launcher Premium\" and his date is april 1st 2017.
Now the tab EST in ESYS is filled with this path.
This afternoon i'll try ENET cable and tell you news.
thanks
claudio
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 05:32 AM   #236
claudio18
Registered
Rep

I couldn't wait and i've tried immediatly and everything's ok now. I've coded again my head unit. Many thanks Tony.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 06:41 AM   #237
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
many thanks Tony. Well, what i 've done till now is to clean EST tab in ESYS. There was a path registered. Now i've checked two times and it's clear.
I've downloaded and run as administrator your latest script, 1.5.7
Everything with it run well, no stops or something else.
date is set april the first, 2017.
No step 5 of your instructions.
when i run launcher it asks me for the token, i paste it, then it asks me pin i type a randon pin and esys starts. Also .est file appears in "C:\ProgramData\Tokenmaster\E-Sys Launcher Premium\" and his date is april 1st 2017.
Now the tab EST in ESYS is filled with this path.
This afternoon i'll try ENET cable and tell you news.
thanks
claudio
Quote:
I couldn't wait and i've tried immediatly and everything's ok now. I've coded again my head unit. Many thanks Tony.
Great work Claudio
I'm curious, you mention the Launcher asks you for a token before asking you for a pin... Since Launcher 2.7.1 doesn't let you choose a path for the .EST token file anymore, by token you mean an activation token right?

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #238
claudio18
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Great work Claudio
I'm curious, you mention the Launcher asks you for a token before asking you for a pin... Since Launcher 2.7.1 doesn't let you choose a path for the .EST token file anymore, by token you mean an activation token right?

Cheers, Tony
Yes, sure the activation token that TM sent me last summer.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #239
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topon87 View Post
I need you help
When I run the script it keeps on saying I need to deactivate avast antivirus which I don't have on my laptop and to deactivate the shield. Can you please help me plz. Thanks
Actually, it says to deactivate the Self-Protection module, not the shields... There seems to be a lot of confusion about that.

Anyway, there seems to be a problem with either your C:\ProgramData or %UserProfile%\Documents-folder. Did you run my script as Admin? Did you relocate your Documents-folder to another location, like a NAS or OneDrive? Do you have any other antivirus solutions enabled? If so, disable them.

Try to run my script again.

Once it's done, open a command prompt and type:
dir /ad /tc "C:\ProgramData\.*"
Look at the date shown for the single dot. It should say 01-01-2010. If it's not, then some program is locking your C:\ProgramData folder. Going through the subfolders might give you a clue what program is the culprit.

Now type:
dir /ad /tc "%UserProfile%\Documents\.*"
If your system can't find the path, then your Documents-folder is not in the default location. If the date for the single dot is not 01-01-2010, then something is locking your Documents-folder.

Let me know what you get.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #240
Topon87
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Actually, it says to deactivate the Self-Protection module, not the shields... There seems to be a lot of confusion about that.

Anyway, there seems to be a problem with either your C:\ProgramData or %UserProfile%\Documents-folder. Did you run my script as Admin? Did you relocate your Documents-folder to another location, like a NAS or OneDrive? Do you have any other antivirus solutions enabled? If so, disable them.

Try to run my script again.

Once it's done, open a command prompt and type:
dir /ad /tc "C:\ProgramData\.*"
Look at the date shown for the single dot. It should say 01-01-2010. If it's not, then some program is locking your C:\ProgramData folder. Going through the subfolders might give you a clue what program is the culprit.

Now type:
dir /ad /tc "%UserProfile%\Documents\.*"
If your system can't find the path, then your Documents-folder is not in the default location. If the date for the single dot is not 01-01-2010, then something is locking your Documents-folder.

Let me know what you get.

Cheers, Tony
Hi Tony I've what you asked me to do, the single dot shows 10/07/2015. And when I try the 2nd part that you asked me to do it says the system cannot find the file.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #241
Topon87
United Kingdom
Rep

Tony I think it might onedrive that is coursing the problem
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #242
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topon87 View Post
Tony I think it might onedrive that is coursing the problem
I've stated in the readme.txt the script assumes default locations for all system folders, including Documents. So if you're using OneDrive this is indeed a problem.

However, as the creation date of C:\ProgramData is also off, you might have two problems...

I'll send you a PM shortly to look into the matter. To be continued....

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0