F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Leasing
proTUNING Freaks

01-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #23
ciscopete822
Major
Rep
Drives: RS6 , 840i and others :P

I am on my 5th consecutive lease. Although this time is different. Market is dry , no good deals to be found so extended leases on both of our cars. Golf R actually got reduced from 330 to 254 lol so thats great and will keep it for another 12 months. Notmally I jump on Pistonheads thread about new deals and take it from there. Back in a day you could get S8 for 530/month or RS5 for 699 😁 with upfront payments of 3 to 4k. WLTP , Brexit messed up everything. Additionally with lease you own only rentals on your credit profile not full price of the car. Worth considering if you want to get mortgage etc.

Last edited by ciscopete822; 01-11-2019 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 02:34 PM   #24
savgeax
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport

First lease was a BMW 330d M Sport for £270pm with some extras like 19" rims and the widescreen idrive etc. It was from Sytner in Leicester (I live in Hampshire). Over two years it worked out at just over £8k in total including deposit.

I ordered my second car with 5 months before the BMW was due to go back. I had an Audi A5 Sportback S Line turn up in the UK in March. Audi Slough said it was no issue, it sat on an airfield for 2 months. Audi Slough arranged for delivery of the car as soon as my BMW was picked up by BCA. Paying about £290pm with tech pack, extended light pack and privacy glass added as optional.
      01-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #25
Lynxi2k
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 335d

Some good feedback re leasing here, thanks chaps.

Found a deal for 220 GLC Urban 307 per month £1800 first payment. So will visit a dealer re crabbing over the weekend and will probably get it ordered!

So some good deals still around for those looking. Carwow came up trumps.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:36 PM   #26
ciscopete822
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxi2k View Post

Found a deal for 220 GLC Urban 307 per month £1800 first payment. So will visit a dealer re crabbing over the weekend and will probably get it ordered!

That is a good deal , provided its 10k and not more than 36 months. Check Pistonheads tread too.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=255&t=1754204&i=6140

Jump to last page and keep checking. You get golden nuggets from time to time.

Peace.
Appreciate 1
Lynxi2k268.00
      01-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #27
Hanchurch
Captain
Rep
Drives: tesla model 3 performance

Some interesting deals out there.
Attached Images

Past - Mini Cooper S 7 5 door, BMW 120d m sport, Saab 9-3 2.8 V6 turbo, Mazda RX8 231, Mini Cooper S
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:55 PM   #28
Lynxi2k
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
Quote:

That is a good deal , provided its 10k and not more than 36 months. Check Pistonheads tread too.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=255&t=1754204&i=6140

Jump to last page and keep checking. You get golden nuggets from time to time.

Peace.
Just found that thread myself! Some good deals, and a lot of pages!

10k and 48 months. Spoke to a dealer today about the crabbing issue and new tyres seem to be reducing the issue. On that note the 335 crabbed this morning so that was interesting.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #29
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:

10k and 48 months. Spoke to a dealer today about the crabbing issue and new tyres seem to be reducing the issue. On that note the 335 crabbed this morning so that was interesting.
Helped sone friends with a deal for a GLC Urban about 6 months ago when they first came out. They've not really noticed any crabbing as yet.
Appreciate 1
Lynxi2k268.00
      01-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #30
ciscopete822
Major
Rep

Quote:

Golden rule of leasing , never over 3 yrs as last year with no warranty is a massive risk. You have to do MOT and other things after year 3 too.
Appreciate 1
Lynxi2k268.00
      01-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #31
Lynxi2k
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Golden rule of leasing , never over 3 yrs as last year with no warranty is a massive risk. You have to do MOT and other things after year 3 too.
I see your point, but same risk applied to pcp etc, unless you get extended warranty. Still is something I have thought about and may opt for 3 years instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #32
Alice Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 430dX M Sport

Quote:

KIAs will no doubt be looked down on in this forum but they manage a 7 year warranty. I don’t see why a BMW couldn’t cope with similar reliability.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 06:01 PM   #33
Quantox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440iGC, CQ, Ivory White, MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
There is a webpage dedicated to this issue. Crabbing still occurs on the replacement tyres and dealers now asking buyers to sign a waiver acknowledging the they understand that crabbing is a known/accepted. I would not be signing that!
That whole issue, with their 4Matic system and Mercedes handling of it, caused me to cancel a C43 Coupe order. Great car but scrubbing out one side of the front tyres in 3,000 to 4,000 miles was a no-no for me. It's not a weight distribution issue but a fundamental screw up of the front suspension/steering geometry.

Q
      01-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #34
Quantox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440iGC, CQ, Ivory White, MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Coupe View Post

KIAs will no doubt be looked down on in this forum but they manage a 7 year warranty. I don’t see why a BMW couldn’t cope with similar reliability.
BMW probably could but probably don't need or want to.

I had a test drive in the Stinger about a year ago, great spec. drove well, looked good but was a bit porky, both size and weight with a very inefficient engine.
When it's lost 200kg, had an engine upgrade and improved the interior quality then it may pose some competition but it's a long way off at the moment.

Cheers

Q
      01-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #35
Alice Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantox View Post
BMW probably could but probably don't need or want to.
If exceeding 3 years without warranty is the massive risk you claim, they need to. If they don’t need to, It’s not the massive risk you claim.

Or is I they don’t need to because it’s better to scare people into buying an extended warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantox View Post
I had a test drive in the Stinger about a year ago, great spec. drove well, looked good but was a bit porky, both size and weight with a very inefficient engine.
When it's lost 200kg, had an engine upgrade and improved the interior quality then it may pose some competition but it's a long way off at the moment.

Cheers

Q
And that has feck all to do with anything relevant here.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #36
ciscopete822
Major
Rep

Quote:
If exceeding 3 years without warranty is the massive risk you claim, they need to. If they don’t need to, It’s not the massive risk you claim.

Or is I they don’t need to because it’s better to scare people into buying an extended warranty

In pcp , you can VT at some point and get new car , usually 35 month mark (lots of dependencies though). When you grab 48 months lease you will have to cover 50 prc of remaining rentals if leaving early , so thats 1. 2nd is you have to pay for extended warranty and battle them if something goes wrong ( been there , done it). 3rd would be MOT. This would be enough to put me off getting 48 mnth lease. Choice is yours obviously.

Someone posted alfa gulia q 510 for 4k upfront and 449 per month. Its gonna be mine 😁
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 06:59 PM   #37
Alice Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In pcp , you can VT at some point and get new car , usually 35 month mark (lots of dependencies though). When you grab 48 months lease you will have to cover 50 prc of remaining rentals if leaving early , so thats 1. 2nd is you have to pay for extended warranty and battle them if something goes wrong ( been there , done it). 3rd would be MOT. This would be enough to put me off getting 48 mnth lease. Choice is yours obviously.

Someone posted alfa gulia q 510 for 4k upfront and 449 per month. Its gonna be mine 😁
That’s like saying it’s a massive risk owning any car beyond 3 years. However, in the case of the Alfa, I’d agree. There is a reason there are so few on the on the road and it’s not exclusivity.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 02:14 AM   #38
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Of course it does. Kia offer a 7 year warranty to try and counter some of the lack of desirability and perceived quality vs German brands.

And if that still isn't enough to convince someone, then it's relevant.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 05:39 AM   #39
Alice Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Of course it does. Kia offer a 7 year warranty to try and counter some of the lack of desirability and perceived quality vs German brands.

And if that still isn't enough to convince someone, then it's relevant.
Totally mis quoted. That statement was relating to his Stinger review which had nothing to do with the “massive risk” claimed to be present when owning a vehicle beyond 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 06:02 AM   #40
Lynxi2k
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Was thinking that if I don't own the car and something major fails in the 4th year shouldn't it be the lease companies issue to fix? I am paying them to provide me with s working vehicle and if it fails through no fault of mine, then surely they are breaking they're end of the deal?

I appreciate their terms probably state otherwise, but you wouldn't expect to pay for any other service and when the company is unable to deliver that service, foot you with the bill to sort it.

Not sure a Merc in its 4th year and less than 40,000 miles would fall under big risk, I'd say a small risk. The point is valid, however if you PCP and still have the car in month 37 you are stuck with the bill anyway. I understand your point about handing it back month 35, and maybe that's how you do it.

I will clarify the point with the lease company first. Also I have a 10 year old pug, yet to fail an MOT on anything outside of wipers or bulbs etc. So not concerned a 4 year old Merc is going to fail it's first MOT.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 06:41 AM   #41
ciscopete822
Major
Rep

Quote:
Was thinking that if I don't own the car and something major fails in the 4th year shouldn't it be the lease companies issue to fix? I am paying them to provide me with s working vehicle and if it fails through no fault of mine, then surely they are breaking they're end of the deal?

I appreciate their terms probably state otherwise, but you wouldn't expect to pay for any other service and when the company is unable to deliver that service, foot you with the bill to sort it.

Not sure a Merc in its 4th year and less than 40,000 miles would fall under big risk, I'd say a small risk. The point is valid, however if you PCP and still have the car in month 37 you are stuck with the bill anyway. I understand your point about handing it back month 35, and maybe that's how you do it.

I will clarify the point with the lease company first. Also I have a 10 year old pug, yet to fail an MOT on anything outside of wipers or bulbs etc. So not concerned a 4 year old Merc is going to fail it's first MOT.
I take back all I said. Please be my guest and grab 48 months lease on Merc. May be worth asking for 60 months as it may be few quid cheaper. All the best.😉
Appreciate 1
rokut398.00
      01-13-2019, 06:56 AM   #42
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Totally mis quoted. That statement was relating to his Stinger review which had nothing to do with the “massive risk” claimed to be present when owning a vehicle beyond 3 years.
Your point was why can't BMW offer the same 7 year warranty? The review is relevant. Kia don't offer 7 years bcause they're loads more reliable, they do it because they need it to make them more attractive to customers, precisely because of the points made in the review. Therefore BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc don't need to, so why would they?
Appreciate 1
Quantox308.50
      01-13-2019, 06:57 AM   #43
Lynxi2k
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I take back all I said. Please be my guest and grab 48 months lease on Merc. May be worth asking for 60 months as it may be few quid cheaper. All the best.😉
All I wanted was your approval!

Thanks for being an adult about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #44
Alice Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Your point was why can't BMW offer the same 7 year warranty? The review is relevant. Kia don't offer 7 years bcause they're loads more reliable, they do it because they need it to make them more attractive to customers, precisely because of the points made in the review. Therefore BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc don't need to, so why would they?
No it wasn’t. As I’ve said in about 3 posts by now my point was, it is not “massively risky” owning a vehicle beyond 3 years. End of.
Appreciate 0