F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B58 340i Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Catless DP
ARMA SPEED

05-24-2020, 03:25 AM   #23
sNICKa
Rep
Drives: '18 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30_Kev View Post
Any way you can post or send me a video of the DP and Midpipe cold start. Currently, have a mid pipe on my 340 and I've been debating on getting a catless DP but I'm too worried that the cold start will be too loud.
I just installed my catless DP yesterday and the cold starts on it are crazy loud. At first I didn't mind it but once I got back to my garage let just say I changed my mind quickly. I flashed it with BM3 to get rid of the cold start. I have a catless DP and deleted the 2nd cat and resonator with a stock muffler btw.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 01:23 PM   #24
Ifellapart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw22915 View Post
Mine is fine with no rattles. Running MPPSK with Catless downpipe
How are you liking it? I have the MPPSK and am thinking of going catless, but am afraid it wont sound good. I want the car a bit louder, but i also wanna be able to leave it in comfort and cruise without a headache.
      06-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #25
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifellapart View Post
How are you liking it? I have the MPPSK and am thinking of going catless, but am afraid it wont sound good. I want the car a bit louder, but i also wanna be able to leave it in comfort and cruise without a headache.
MPPSK + catless is the best possible sounding combination of exhaust, with valved control over noise level. It's loud as hell when you want and almost totally stock/silent when you don't. No drone while cruising. Do it.
Appreciate 2
      06-22-2020, 08:57 PM   #26
jroberts144
Rep
Drives: '18 340i

Apologies for reviving this.

Question I have:

I have a catless ER downpipe I want to install onto my car; however I am not interested in tuning, is there a way to remove the CEL light without flashing in the event it occurs?

Or is there a trick for install that would prevent the CEL light from coming on?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 04:15 AM   #27
apex_crisis_
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroberts144 View Post
Apologies for reviving this.

Question I have:

I have a catless ER downpipe I want to install onto my car; however I am not interested in tuning, is there a way to remove the CEL light without flashing in the event it occurs?

Or is there a trick for install that would prevent the CEL light from coming on?
You can try with an O2 spacer but they're not guaranteed to work.
Appreciate 0