F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Apple Carplay
Extreme Powerhouse

11-27-2021, 06:53 PM   #1
s4daf
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive manual

Thumbs up Apple Carplay

So I had a 2018 VW Tiguan because I worked at VW and I got a good employee discount. The car had Apple Carplay and since then I thought of Apple Carplay as a must have feature. My lease expired and I was finally out of that VW Tiguan. I already knew which car I wanted, a F30 340I xDrive 6 speed. so after some searching, I finally got one. It had the NBTEvo_E so i had Idrive 4 and no Carplay. I wanted the Carplay so I reached out to a few people and decided I was going to go to some shop in NJ called Mlyfe. Before going I spoke to them Via Instagram DM and told them Exactly what NBTEvo was in my car and the year my car was, they said they could do it and the price was 200$. So I go from NYC to NJ paid the tolls but when I get there they tell me i need to replace the NBTEvo and it’s going to be 1,200$, I said can’t you just upgrade my Idrive4 into iDrive6 and they said that would be 800$ even though online they say its 140$. I was pretty tight because I messaged them beforehand and made sure they could do it. So I obviously don’t do it so when I go home I messaged a coder I got an ad for on Instagram, the coder is Bimmer Remote Coding. I purchased their BMW NBTEvo iDrive 4 to iDrive 6 Update + Apple CarPlay Fullscreen for 169$ black Friday sale. I scheduled an appointment for today and in about 1 hour they coded my car to Idrive6 and Apple Carplay all from the comfort of my driveway. I’m not paid to promote this website I just want people who want Carplay to know there is a better option than buying a whole NBTEvo. https://bimmer-remote.com/collection...lay-fullscreen
This is the exact product I purchased and if you want Carplay I would highly recommend them as a company. I took a video on my phone showing the Carplay but I have no clue how to transfer it to my PC, the file is too big for email so Idk what else to do :/
Appreciate 3
      11-27-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Bimmer remote does great work. Crazy fast to respond too. I had them do a idrive upgrade and CarPlay full screen. Went off without a hitch. Highly recommend them.

Good thing you didn’t listen to that other shop who clearly had no idea what they were doing and tried to rip you off.
Appreciate 1
s4daf8.50
      11-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
s4daf
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Bimmer remote does great work. Crazy fast to respond too. I had them do a idrive upgrade and CarPlay full screen. Went off without a hitch. Highly recommend them.

Good thing you didn’t listen to that other shop who clearly had no idea what they were doing and tried to rip you off.
sorry, this is my first time using this forum I hope this is how I reply >_<. But yeah like I'm so happy with their service the Carplay isnt laggy at all and feels as if it came with the car. And I also just want to save anyone else who is looking for an upgrade the trouble of some scam shop trying to finesse them, or some rich Youtubers who try and sell a whole new system. because when i was looking on Youtube I saw Kies Motorsport and Justin Buice post about this product https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/coll...prime-retrofit and i thought there is no way that is the only option for me to get Apple Carplay in my car.
Appreciate 0