F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream Head Unit that is NOT Android Based
Studio RSR

02-04-2024, 08:43 AM   #265
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Question

Hello,
In the Factory Settings menu (the code is curiously 0000) I cannot find any parameter allowing you to change / choose the correct BMW OEM screen resolution in 10.25". This chapter / choice is not present in the parameters
I tried to code the unit (Display_Size and Dispaly_Variente) but with no result, still the OEM screen at two thirds

In addition in the du'sine settings with this code 0000 = No choice of starting the LINUX unit (you know BMW or Android-Carplay)

Really curious... do you have any idea how to access another "factory menu" please?

EDIT :
Well you had to use the code 8866, and there another menu appears!! Code 0000 gives access to a restricted factory menu.

Another problem now, and an important one, is that the screen sometimes goes black then comes back while driving, and especially when starting up every other time: Black screen, nothing works anymore, you have to restart the car's ignition for it (the screen) to start correctly...

help please?

Last edited by F20_M135i; 02-04-2024 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 03:29 AM   #266
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFrog View Post
If you stick to the iDrive menu (which would be a pity, if you ask me!), this is what you would get by using the screen we are talking about in the thread.

You can configure the screen is such a way that it loads the iDrive display by default at car startup. So, as long as you don't long-press the Menu button of the iDrive, you will have the 10'25 screen displaying OEM iDrive info and using OEM bluetooth, mics, etc. The only thing you would have to make sure of is to reply 'thanks but no thanks' when prompted for the screen's BT pairing.
Doesn't work for me (screen black)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 04:11 AM   #267
AdrianE2
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Hello,
Another problem now, and an important one, is that the screen sometimes goes black then comes back while driving, and especially when starting up every other time: Black screen, nothing works anymore, you have to restart the car's ignition for it (the screen) to start correctly...
It sounds like the unit software has crashed when it goes black and only works again after a power off restart. Could be problem with the software on the unit or the phone or the connection between the two. Go back to the company you bought it from and ask if there is a software update. Do you have an older phone that might not be able to keep up or try a different cable if you connect via a usb cable.

What manufacturer, model of unit and software version do you have?
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      02-08-2024, 10:31 AM   #268
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

I'm going to try with my old iPhone that I'm picking up this weekend from a friend.
Unfortunately the Aliexpress seller (known as "BONROAD") does not respond to any of the messages or emails (now that he has received a good rating from me)...
Thanks for the advice, I hope to resolve this big bug
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 11:59 AM   #269
sixto lezcano
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Hi all. I recently installed a Linux screen into my wife’s 2015 F33. It didn’t come with any instructions but I watched plenty of videos and read this thread and got it done. It works well, CarPlay connects almost immediately and my wife is happy.
Unfortunately, every once in awhile, after she drives in reverse, the speakers become very crackly and loud (static) and she cannot turn them down with her phone or the knob on the dash. She turns off the car, restarts, and all is well.

Any ideas where I should try and troubleshoot? I carefully and thoroughly moved the optical cable to the new harness and also made sure to secure each end of the harness that comes with these head units.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 12:23 PM   #270
kentodessa
Enlisted Member
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: bmw x5, bmw x6

Hi all, with these linux screens how you adjust brightness during day? As i understand screen will not support original brightness adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 05:30 PM   #271
RyanCawdor
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentodessa View Post
Hi all, with these linux screens how you adjust brightness during day? As i understand screen will not support original brightness adjustment.
I have a Roadtop one, I can't speak for the others, but on mine there are different settings for the brightness level when in day, or night mode, and by default it will automatically switch between those modes based on if the auto headlights are on or not, but you can override that.

Had it for 6 weeks, used with an iPhone 13, everything works flawlessly, not had a single problem with it.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2024, 09:21 AM   #272
AdrianE2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentodessa View Post
There doesn't seem to be a brightness adjustment for my screen(EW960QLCPNB). The screen brightness automatically adjusts based on the headlights being on or not. The only other control you have is day and night mode which changes from a light to a dark theme which makes it significantly less bright. I run the night mode 24x7 and it is acceptable brightness day and night now but with a dark theme all the time.

Last edited by AdrianE2; 02-20-2024 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 10:14 AM   #273
kokot3000
Rep
Drives: f31 320d

Hello all,
i have non android HU ew960qlcpnb and have 2 issues, firt and importat is extremely loudness which i cannot turn off so bass are at extreme level ane its distorted via carplay, and second is brightness of dispolay during night / lights on/ . anyone can help me please ?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 12:08 PM   #274
RyanCawdor
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokot3000 View Post
Hello all,
i have non android HU ew960qlcpnb and have 2 issues, firt and importat is extremely loudness which i cannot turn off so bass are at extreme level ane its distorted via carplay, and second is brightness of dispolay during night / lights on/ . anyone can help me please ?
With the Roadtop unit I have, I don't have any of the sound (music or calls) going through the screen, my iphone 13 is still just connected to the BMW bluetooth for calls and music (exactly how I had it with the old screen) and Carplay is just used to control the phone.

Everything works great, Spotify, calls with the BMW factory mic, answering calls with the steering wheel button, activating Siri etc

The only time the phone connects to bluetooth on the screen is to start carplay (after which the bluetooth connection is dropped and the rest of the carplay communication is over wifi)

I can't help with the screen brightness though, on my unit its just there in the settings, various sliders for day and night, and it toggles automatically.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2024, 07:12 PM   #275
kokot3000
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFrog View Post
If you have an iPhone, you should be able to avoid using the unit's DAC, see Terto's post above in this thread.

I have an Android phone, and ended up accepting the sound for a daily use, because I also have a "high quality music" setup for the car, consisting in sending the digital signal straight to the Matchup amp through an optical connector. This way, the screen (and entire iDrive either) is not used. It is direct digital stream from the phone to the amp, then back to the speakers.
hello, how you mean to avoid usind internal DAC please, because i have same problem with LOUDness or bass to maximum sound and its ugly... thank you for help.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 07:14 PM   #276
kokot3000
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCawdor View Post
With the Roadtop unit I have, I don't have any of the sound (music or calls) going through the screen, my iphone 13 is still just connected to the BMW bluetooth for calls and music (exactly how I had it with the old screen) and Carplay is just used to control the phone.

Everything works great, Spotify, calls with the BMW factory mic, answering calls with the steering wheel button, activating Siri etc

The only time the phone connects to bluetooth on the screen is to start carplay (after which the bluetooth connection is dropped and the rest of the carplay communication is over wifi)

I can't help with the screen brightness though, on my unit its just there in the settings, various sliders for day and night, and it toggles automatically.
i try to pair again phone as a bluetooth and enable musioc, but i think in carplay audio is coming via wifi, im complaining bass mega sound via carplay...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 07:27 PM   #277
kokot3000
Rep

I tested right now music from spotify via car bluetooth vs via carplay, and its huuuge difference, via car BT its clear, good bass and treble... in this car its basic sound but its ok, when i change to carplay, i tried to configure HU equaliser.. but it does not really matter where are these sliders... it sound like it was blanket throed via speakers and bass are loud .. i think its shitty DAC maybe .... im thinking aboout that to change from this HU (it has tuning solutions startup logo to andream) but im afraid it has same shitty sound quality....
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 05:53 AM   #278
hyri
Registered
Rep
Drives: e60 525d

sad situation
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 04:43 AM   #279
hyri
Registered
Rep

So on andream is sound quality vs original BT same ? plase let me know, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 05:11 AM   #280
hyri
Registered
Rep

and please anyone have some non refelxive protective foil or screen protector ?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 07:13 AM   #281
AdrianE2
Rep

I have this model EW960QLCPNB and the latest software update released in the last few months did give an excessive bass boost to the sound. It is possible to turn down the bass in the EQ and also the BMW sound bass control and return it back to an acceptable level.

The previous car I had was fitted with an MMI box instead and that also had excessive bass until you disable the loudness setting and it returns back to a reasonable level.

hyri - what model are you looking at buying?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 09:21 AM   #282
jazzatarn
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320D

Just wondering if I’ll have to reroute or directly connect an AUX cable into my centre arm rest? 2014 F30 CHAMP2 with Business Nav, OEM Aux, Bluetooth Calling but no Bluetooth Audio. No combox in rear. Will I have to do any coding either?

I saw the previous posts with CHAMP2 but both have Combox in rear. I’m hoping it’ll be a bit easier for me haha
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:43 PM   #283
aaronyuri
Rep
Drives: 1113 F30 330d

Hi guys

I've had this unit for 18 months and the reversing camera suddenly stopped working. I managed to trace the fault back to the unit itself - it had stopped supplying power on the pink "campow" wire. Not sure why as it has been working fine since the install.

I decided to find an alternative power source and found a suitable one in the boot fuse box. This raised 5A fuse (can't recall the number right now) supplies 12V when the igntion is on. The whole bank of fuses on that left side work this way.

No need to run negative as that is internally grounded in the headunit. I initially tried to tap into the reversing light as a lot of posts here describe, but this does not work as the reversing bulb drops to 9V once the engine is running.

I used an "add a fuse" tap on the fuse above, ran the wire and she's back.

All testing was performed with a multi-meter; this is not guesswork on my part.

I hope this helps anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation to me.
Appreciate 1
FastFrog143.50
      03-31-2024, 02:42 PM   #284
kokot3000
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianE2 View Post
I have this model EW960QLCPNB and the latest software update released in the last few months did give an excessive bass boost to the sound. It is possible to turn down the bass in the EQ and also the BMW sound bass control and return it back to an acceptable level.

The previous car I had was fitted with an MMI box instead and that also had excessive bass until you disable the loudness setting and it returns back to a reasonable level.

hello, mine model is EW960QLCPNB so same as your, and same problem
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 02:43 PM   #285
kokot3000
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianE2 View Post

i think we will need, upgrade or better downgrade maybe ?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 02:47 PM   #286
kokot3000
Rep

its me from other account because i forgot password so EW960QLCPNB is the right piece of
Appreciate 0