F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Bluetooth Audio just won't work anymore
Extreme Powerhouse

03-10-2024, 11:42 PM   #1
BatCat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Unhappy Bluetooth Audio just won't work anymore

yes I know "Another bluetooth audio won't work thread"

I need help as I think I have gone through hundreds of threads already and testing for the last couple of hours without any luck.

I have a 2013 335i with CIC W/HK, 8.8in screen and navigation. My audio has worked fine besides the known bmw bugs with the bluetooth. Out of nowhere one day after I took it to the car shop (to fix my horns since they stopped working , those were replaced btw) my Phone wouldn't connect to my BMW.

When I took my car home I noticed that my phone was not in my list of paired devices in my car, one thing to note is that I tried re-pairing the phone and the device number changed? You know the "BMW XXXX" device name is now different (Why would this happend?). Anyways, I paired my phone but as soon as I paired it when it gives me the options for it only "Telephone" is available, there is no option for music/Audio.
When I go to the "External devices" to play music the Bluetooth option is grayed out. in the "Bluetooth Audio" option when I click it, I get a message with a tick box that says "To utilize the bluetooth devices enable Bluetooth Audio" when I click on it (even spamming it) nothing happens, it does not get activated.

phone works fine for contacts, calls and I can play music through the songs in my hard drive as well as by connecting the phone via USB in the armrest box.

What I have tried:

*Connecting my phone - Samsung Galaxy S23
*Connecting another Phone - iphone 12
*Restarting the head unit by pressing the volume knob for 20 secs
*Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery
*I also read some threads about updating the External devices firmware. Not sure if I was doing it correctly but I downloaded UPD01008.bin via following the steps in this post https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1824680 but I was getting an error that says "The software in the USB is not up to date". I can't Use bmw site to download an update as it says I have the latest version when I provide my vin (at www.bmw.com/update)
*In my phone I only got the options to configure my BMW for calls. I remember it showing differently. In my Galaxy when pairing it, it shows with a Hands-free icon instead of what it used to be before.

I was honestly thinking about purchasing an aftermarket solution as I'm not really interesting in investing to upgrade my unit to an NBT or anything BMW newer. But the doubts about what is going on is killing me.

I'm on external devices software version:

MX-003.004.031
TX-003.004.031

I have also recorded a video of what is going on, please note the "Activate Bluetooth Audio" that I can't seem to enable. (Sorry I guess I forgot I should had changed the language of my unit before recording it )

Please watch: https://youtu.be/sNaJFUrzuCo

Any ideas what could be happening?
Appreciate 0