F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Banned from the house!
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #23
teaston
The Trotter Spotter
teaston's Avatar
United Kingdom
6410
Rep
24,570
Posts

Drives: 335d M Sport Plus
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norfolk 'n' Good

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
Brown pasta ain't real pasta, that's health food. Sweet potatoes ain't potatoes, they're wedges or sweet potato fries.

White bread is pants, but you don't get brown bread pizza ffs, that needs to be white!
Itís actually fine and I prefer it to be honest.

Itís fine I understand your point of view, I was the same for the first 35 years of my life! Itís just a choice of whether you prefer stuffing your face with crap, or looking after your health so you can enjoy life more and for longer. For me itís a no brainer.
__________________
Current: LCI F30 335d M Sport Plus in BSM/CR
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #24
Daftasabrush
Fool
Daftasabrush's Avatar
England
1603
Rep
3,283
Posts

Drives: F31 340i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
I like wholemeal bread .. but it's shit toasted.. sorry for toast it has to be white bread only.
Hovis Granary or Sainsbury's Harvest Grain, they're both technically white but way nicer than white and without the crap taste of brown #racist?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #25
Dave-ncl
Private First Class
Dave-ncl's Avatar
44
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: F30 320d Luxury Mineral Grey
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Newcastle

iTrader: (0)

If I followed everything I shouldn't do, it would be a pretty sad existence. I could live a prefect life for the next 5 years and bang... My plane goes down.... Some twat in an aldi rams my arse. Game over.

We don't know what's around the corner.

Enjoy each day. Don't over indulge. All in moderation but don't stop what you enjoy just because someone says don't as long as you aware of the potential implications.

I always find fizzy drinks here have more carbonation compared to other parts of the world.

I'd expect the iced tea to be the worst of the 3 in terms of sugar.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #26
teaston
The Trotter Spotter
teaston's Avatar
United Kingdom
6410
Rep
24,570
Posts

Drives: 335d M Sport Plus
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norfolk 'n' Good

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ncl View Post
If I followed everything I shouldn't do, it would be a pretty sad existence. I could live a prefect life for the next 5 years and bang... My plane goes down.... Some twat in an aldi rams my arse. Game over.

We don't know what's around the corner.

Enjoy each day. Don't over indulge. All in moderation but don't stop what you enjoy just because someone says don't as long as you aware of the potential implications.

I always find fizzy drinks here have more carbonation compared to other parts of the world.

I'd expect the iced tea to be the worst of the 3 in terms of sugar.
So we should live life like weíre going to die in 5 years? Thatís a very small minded and ignorant way to be imo, but of course etto.
__________________
Current: LCI F30 335d M Sport Plus in BSM/CR
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #27
Hooded
Major
Hooded's Avatar
England
420
Rep
1,308
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
So we should live life like weíre going to die in 5 years? Thatís a very small minded and ignorant way to be imo, but of course etto.
I don't think his post reads that way at all. He talks of not over indulging etc, which is sensible. You only live once so do and eat what you enjoy but everything in moderation
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 01:18 AM   #28
MarkG_M3CP
Supreme Being
MarkG_M3CP's Avatar
United Kingdom
1637
Rep
5,283
Posts

Drives: M3 CP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG_M3CP View Post
This:

Fat coke & Mars bars = break glass in emergency
Pepsi Max and a mars bar works brilliantly.
I love a Pepsi Max - my favourite - but for me, break glass is all about sugar!
__________________
Current: F80 M3 Competition Pack / M135i
Gone: F15 X5 M50d / Saab 9-5 Aero HOT / F30 335d xDrive M Sport / E92 LCI 320d M Sport / E46 320d M Sport Touring / E46 318i Touring
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 02:30 AM   #29
willjames
Major
willjames's Avatar
United Kingdom
459
Rep
1,250
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport Touring Auto
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Dukinfield, Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

I never have drunk tea or coffee but used to drink plenty of Diet Coke. That stopped about 6 weeks ago and I feel a lot calmer.

Don't know why, maybe because of no caffeine? Never sure about Aspartame though, lot of bad press on the old interweb about artificial sweeteners.

Ive always drunk a lot of water at work and now drink fresh orange instead of a Diet Coke whilst at home. I'm no health freak, but I feel a lot better for it.

I'll never drink diet drinks again!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 04:57 AM   #30
Wills2
Major General
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
3002
Rep
5,881
Posts

Drives: F80 YMB M3
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Tea/coffee or water....and lashings of wine and beer but I don't touch fizzy pop haven't for years.

As for bread, most bread is made using the Chorleywood bread process which produces crap bread IMHO and therefore crap toast.

Better to source properly made bread less often but enjoy it when you do.
__________________
F80 M3 YMB/Z4C, Gone F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #31
Broncho
Colonel
Broncho's Avatar
England
704
Rep
2,366
Posts

Drives: Chav white Audi
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rainhill

iTrader: (0)

I drink water, gin and tonic, bourbon, cider, cocktails, red wine and one bottle of orangina a week just because I like living on the edge.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 06:16 AM   #32
Dave-ncl
Private First Class
Dave-ncl's Avatar
44
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: F30 320d Luxury Mineral Grey
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Newcastle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
I don't think his post reads that way at all. He talks of not over indulging etc, which is sensible. You only live once so do and eat what you enjoy but everything in moderation
You got it.

The point was enjoy today. It might be your last and therefore drinking a glass of Pepsi won't have any bearing the grand scheme of things.

I can understand disgust if we were talking 10 bottles to Newcastle brown ale and 10 shots on a night out, or 2 grammes of marching powder and a bag of weed. (or all 4)

I'm not an addict. It's a sociable thing. In fact I had a bottle to water before bed last night

I could never live on the edge like Broncho. That's the road to ruin.
Appreciate 1
Hooded419.50

      07-21-2018, 06:24 AM   #33
sahajesh
Lieutenant Colonel
sahajesh's Avatar
United Kingdom
424
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: 340i Grigio Minerale
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sheffield, UK

iTrader: (0)

Skimmed milk - fucking pointless. Just drink water, it's the same thing except for the colour.

Coriander - tastes like crap. Problem for me as an Indian as every fucker cooks with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 06:37 AM   #34
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Nobby Clark's Avatar
698
Rep
1,738
Posts

Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Fun Fact: Since the introduction of the so called 'Sugar Tax' the price of Fanta and Fanta Zero in Sainsburys has stayed exactly the same, i.e. they charge the same whether you buy the sugar-free or sugary version.
That’s because Fanta changed its recipie in 2006 and is less than 5g per 100ml sugar therefore exempt

Last edited by Nobby Clark; 07-21-2018 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Can’t spell Fanta lol
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 06:43 AM   #35
sahajesh
Lieutenant Colonel
sahajesh's Avatar
United Kingdom
424
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: 340i Grigio Minerale
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sheffield, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Fun Fact: Since the introduction of the so called 'Sugar Tax' the price of Fanta and Fanta Zero in Sainsburys has stayed exactly the same, i.e. they charge the same whether you buy the sugar-free or sugary version.
That’s because Fatna changed its recipie in 2006 and is less than 5g per 100ml sugar therefore exempt
For a moment I read that as Fatwa
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 08:46 AM   #36
Hooded
Major
Hooded's Avatar
England
420
Rep
1,308
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Skimmed milk - fucking pointless. Just drink water
Agree, full skimmed milk is like water.

Semi skimmed milk is the sweet spot for health and taste once your used to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #37
Kal027
Major General
Kal027's Avatar
United Kingdom
2536
Rep
6,129
Posts

Drives: 335xd Msport +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West mids!!!!

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Let’s get this into perspective here.

When I was younger we only had full fat drinks no diet stuff. No reduced fat foods either - fats were good.

Didn’t have an obesity epidemic.

But we used to run around outside kick balls climb trees etc. Ie were reasonably active.

Nowadays kids and adults don’t want to move a muscle. Food including fast food has to be delivered. Ffs it’s too hard to park a car and walk into a kfc - we need a drive through.

That’s where the real issue lies not with the evil sugar.

Most things in moderation mind.
__________________
Kal
335xd M-sport + dark knight combo ACS springs adaptive strut braced rear spoiler and diffuser black chrome tips front splitter twin slat grilles visibility pack interior comfort pack heated seats upgraded xenon carbon fibre interior aluminium pedals eibach spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #38
aloo6
Private
aloo6's Avatar
United Kingdom
24
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW F31 330d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Glasgow, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal027 View Post
Let's get this into perspective here.

When I was younger we only had full fat drinks no diet stuff. No reduced fat foods either - fats were good.

Didn't have an obesity epidemic.

But we used to run around outside kick balls climb trees etc. Ie were reasonably active.

Nowadays kids and adults don't want to move a muscle. Food including fast food has to be delivered. Ffs it's too hard to park a car and walk into a kfc - we need a drive through.

That's where the real issue lies not with the evil sugar.

Most things in moderation mind.
Spot on. It's a lot easier to tax sugar than an Xbox live subscription.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #39
Kal027
Major General
Kal027's Avatar
United Kingdom
2536
Rep
6,129
Posts

Drives: 335xd Msport +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West mids!!!!

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Skimmed milk - fucking pointless. Just drink water, it's the same thing except for the colour.

Coriander - tastes like crap. Problem for me as an Indian as every fucker cooks with it.
I bloody hate the taste of coriander.

As a child my parents grew coriander - cooked with it and then added it raw to every bloody dish.

Actively pick it off.
__________________
Kal
335xd M-sport + dark knight combo ACS springs adaptive strut braced rear spoiler and diffuser black chrome tips front splitter twin slat grilles visibility pack interior comfort pack heated seats upgraded xenon carbon fibre interior aluminium pedals eibach spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 07:52 PM   #40
F30Andy
Colonel
F30Andy's Avatar
United Kingdom
800
Rep
2,634
Posts

Drives: F06 640d
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Coriander - tastes like crap. Problem for me as an Indian as every fucker cooks with it.
Coriander I can live with, it's that safron stuff that I don't like.
More expensive than cocaine, doesn't get you high, really pungent smell, very distinct taste and every biryani is made with it.

I also can't stand those fukkin sticks and twigs and seeds as I call them either. I'm not sure of their name in English but I think the seeds are called cardomon or some shit like that.
I don't mind that stuff when it's used to brew Indian tea, but can not stand it when it's used in pilau etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 04:20 AM   #41
sahajesh
Lieutenant Colonel
sahajesh's Avatar
United Kingdom
424
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: 340i Grigio Minerale
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sheffield, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Coriander - tastes like crap. Problem for me as an Indian as every fucker cooks with it.
Coriander I can live with, it's that safron stuff that I don't like.
More expensive than cocaine, doesn't get you high, really pungent smell, very distinct taste and every biryani is made with it.

I also can't stand those fukkin sticks and twigs and seeds as I call them either. I'm not sure of their name in English but I think the seeds are called cardomon or some shit like that.
I don't mind that stuff when it's used to brew Indian tea, but can not stand it when it's used in pilau etc.
I quite like the tree bark but cardamom and cloves are rank.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 04:51 AM   #42
JustChris
Lieutenant General
JustChris's Avatar
United Kingdom
5583
Rep
13,974
Posts

Drives: RRS HSE 3.0D
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North West UK

iTrader: (0)

Fizzy Drinks, sugary or with sweetener are CATASTROPHIC for your diet and health.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 05:26 AM   #43
Dave-ncl
Private First Class
Dave-ncl's Avatar
44
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: F30 320d Luxury Mineral Grey
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Newcastle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
CATASTROPHIC .
Catastrophic: involving or causing sudden great damage or suffering.

I had Schweppes lemonade on the rocks last night and feeling fine!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #44
Hooded
Major
Hooded's Avatar
England
420
Rep
1,308
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Fizzy Drinks, sugary or with sweetener are CATASTROPHIC for your diet and health.
Bit of an exaggeration I think.

Fizzy drinks might not be 'good for you' but the odd one won't hurt, especially if you don't currently have any health issues.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST