F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > New to Autocross
Extreme Powerhouse

02-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #1
m4thijss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Garage List
New to Autocross

My dad and I have both done autocross before but with limited seat time and not with our own cars. We are looking at going to do some more autocross at Summit in WV and get some experience pushing our cars. I have my stock 15' 435i and he has a 20' M240i xDrive.

Is there any issue bringing a leased car to autocross I know when it comes to taking it out on track and especially if you crash it becomes problematic but with nothing to hit but cones is it an issue?

Also any general advice for prep before going like things to check on the cars and things to bring like helmets, tools, etc?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 03:24 PM   #2
brigade24
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 X-dive

prep for autox isn't really intense. especially if you're not swapping tires, you can get away with just bringing a bicycle/air pump and an air pressure gauge. If the organizers follow the SCCA autox rules, i think the ratings for helmets that are allowed have changed so might be a good idea to check with the organizers. i doubt there will be any loaner helmets to prevent spread of this precious virus.

On either of those cars, there's not much that can be done about front camber so if a new set of tires is in your future, fit widest tires possible...15 435 has 8" wide wheels on it so that would be a 245mm max width.

its a good idea to bleed the brakes. you don't need fancy fluid, it just needs to be clean.

have fun!
Appreciate 0