F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 435i Issue with alignment?
Studio RSR

08-15-2021, 08:34 AM   #45
sodixm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i, 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Does the car pull when you don't touch the steering wheel or does it not go straight when you have the steering wheel straight?

I had a similar issue and it was the steering angle sensor. When I reset it through ISTA it was perfect afterwards. I took it to BMW and even they didn't do this step.
Also I have zero experience with ISTA, I may decide to try this however I’d like to rule out physical issues first. Is there a video or guide I could read on how to do this? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 08:37 AM   #46
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodixm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Does the car pull when you don't touch the steering wheel or does it not go straight when you have the steering wheel straight?

I had a similar issue and it was the steering angle sensor. When I reset it through ISTA it was perfect afterwards. I took it to BMW and even they didn't do this step.
Also I have zero experience with ISTA, I may decide to try this however I’d like to rule out physical issues first. Is there a video or guide I could read on how to do this? Thanks
I found a video about this on YouTube.

I am on holidays right now so I can't check ista or my car unfortunately.

It is worth a try, won't do any harm.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #47
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodixm View Post
You need to see a printout of the actual geo' calibrations before doing anything else, other than check for wear in suspension components.

It's a shame the shop didn't/couldn't give you a printout.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:04 PM   #48
sodixm
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
You need to see a printout of the actual geo' calibrations before doing anything else, other than check for wear in suspension components.

It's a shame the shop didn't/couldn't give you a printout.
Yea it really pissed me off actually. I don’t have a lot of free time to take it back into a shop either so it’s going to take me a hot minute.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 10:46 PM   #49
sodixm
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hello i did not abandon this thread, I have just been busy. Reached out to my local erhard to see when they can take a look at it. Recently been feeling a gliding and or bumping sensation around 70-80mph, so I am going to have them check the control arm, bearings etc
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 06:25 PM   #50
wlow233
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Funny, I'm starting to read these forums as I'm planning to switch from my Civic Si to a 4 series within the next couple of years. I have a very similar unbearable pull that began in my vehicle probably 3.5 years ago or more. The solution turned out to be moving the front wheel to the rear. I decline wheel rotations; however, one time I shop rotated my wheels without my request and the issue returned. I've been through a similar troubleshooting process and shops thinking I'm crazy, but maybe this indicates the issue lies in the wheel? Either way, I completely understand what you're going through and wish you luck! Don't give up like me lol
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 09:11 PM   #51
sodixm
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
First things first, do you have a print out of the alignment(s)? If so, is everything as it should be, or are there some measurements which are suspect?

Second, does it drive straight, on the crown of a road, without pulling or drifting?

Steering wheel angle can be tweaked, but you need to know all else is fine first.
Hello! This is a very late reply, I was able to get a print out from my local bmw dealer. He mentioned the camber on the left was fixed by adjusting a strut. The car was aligned and balanced and the strut was adjusted. Ok now the steering wheel is tilted to the LEFT! Hey at least it isn’t tilted to the right… I’m about to give up . Here’s the paperwork. He mentioned with the strut adjustment the left camber is in the green.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0