F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Did I buy a tuned car without knowing it?
GetBMWParts

04-20-2021, 12:14 PM   #45
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Besides the exhaust and tune I received two small side skirt stickers that say m performance, which I did not put on and a small plaque (maybe 1" x 3") that stays M Performance Power Kit. I did attach that to my engine cover. Those two items came in a small envelope that I received from the dealer. It would be easy to lose. I am definitely happy with the mppsk.
Interesting. I have a completely different engine cover with M Performance splashed down the middle and the M logo. I also have a small sticker similar to the one in your picture applied to the air intake. I wonder if these are some of the cosmetic changes between the N55 package on my car and the B58 version on yours or the difference between being installed at the port vs the dealership?

Not like any of this is really that important, but I just find the differences between years/pre- or post-LCI interesting.
As you pointed out, maybe the engine cover is part of the N55 kit. I have seen some others on this forum and thought they looked nice. Maybe by time they came to the b58 340 MPPSK (mine car was from the end of the f30 run (a 2018)), BMW figured it was cheaper to just give the client the little plaque that I showed you on my included picture (that I put at the front of my engine cover). My engine cover is just the average 340 cover.

I also skipped the side skirt stickers. They are sitting some where so safe in my house right now that I can not even find them. You are correct that in the end, the tune and exhaust is what matters.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #46
Quickbricky
Rep
Drives: 325d coupe e92

Later LCI came standard with higher numbers on gauges mines the same no tune
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 06:27 PM   #47
vmaniqui
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Land Cruiser/340i M

I am watching this thread and it seems the OP is missing in action. have not seen any pics from him or any nudge to verify he has the MPPSK installed......
Appreciate 0