F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 'Sticking' sat nav
Studio RSR

02-10-2015, 03:30 AM   #1
sweels
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

'Sticking' sat nav

This morning, for the 2nd time (first was back in November), my sat nav seemed very slow to react and often had me up to a mile behind where I was or even just off the road I was on. And even when it found me, the directions on the instrument cluster would freeze for a while.

I know sometimes rtti and other connected services stop but they are phone signal dependent and presumably sometimes need rebooting centrally. However, the nav itself is independent of connected services. Used the nav perfectly fine yesterday.

Was just wondering, has anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 03:32 AM   #2
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i MSport GC

I've had this same thing happen twice, both time I was leaving the center of Birmingham.
Current mods: Mperformance rear spoiler, diffuser, side vinyls and front grille, non OEM carbon mirror caps, Remus cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, TPI spacers 15mm rear and 12mm front, Maxton side blades and v2 front splitter, Pipercross direct replacement air filter, Remus Powerizer.

Current:
F36 440i M Sport GC STORMTROOPER

Previous:
F30 320d M Sport Xdrive STORMTROOPER
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 03:32 AM   #3
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Never had that sorry no, dealer check..?
      02-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #4
sweels
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jay View Post
I've had this same thing happen twice, both time I was leaving the center of Birmingham.
I could sort of understand that in a city with tall buildings that can briefly interrupt gps line of sight, although never had this in central London. And gps is only accurate to within approx 20 metres so in a city centre it's possible to be 'between roads' Having said that, both times this has happened to me , I've been in relatively flat rural areas.

As per m car Chris's suggestion, I will keep an eye on it and book into dealer if it reoccurs.

Ps on a vaguely related note, has anyone confirmed if the ota update re. Security has definitely happened. I.e. without using usb?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Mine consistently "sticks" and doesn't wake up for a good 3 or 4 minutes every time I come out of a particular underground car park in Bath. Not only that but the position it shows while stuck is always around 1/2 mile away from where I am (but not always in the same place). I assume it's because it's had no signal for a while while parked and has to re-aquire the GPS satellites.
Appreciate 0