F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Naughty Siri!
GetBMWParts

06-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Enthusiastically

Naughty Siri!

On my way home from work today I tried to make a call using Siri, normally a very simple process. Not this evening, first the Siri squiggle * froze on the screen, then my I drive crashed and became inoperable. In the background I heard a voice. Checked my phone (obviously stopped with the car in P) low and behold, Siri had called the emergency services! WTF! After an embarrassed apology I reset everything and now all is good.

Anyone else with a sociopathic Siri?
      06-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Cripes, emergency services is a bit drastic.
      06-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #3
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

BMW teaching you a lesson for kicking up a fuss about them taking away apple CarPlay prematurely?
Appreciate 1
Pequin230.00
      06-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
BMW teaching you a lesson for kicking up a fuss about them taking away apple CarPlay prematurely?

Mine is still going strong.
      06-26-2019, 11:37 PM   #5
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

The only thing I noticed is that Siri has a harder time understanding speech on the car than the bmw nav for example. I notice this and my kids laugh when you search for a site using Siri vs. BMW, as using Siri will have a greater chance of misunderstanding you than the BMW nav. I also notice this when responding to a text hands free - Siri will seemingly interpret your speech incorrectly and insert random words. But other than having to speak a little slower and clearer and trying to avoid background noise, I have been pleased with apple car play and Siri integration.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 12:54 AM   #6
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
The only thing I noticed is that Siri has a harder time understanding speech on the car than the bmw nav for example. I notice this and my kids laugh when you search for a site using Siri vs. BMW, as using Siri will have a greater chance of misunderstanding you than the BMW nav. I also notice this when responding to a text hands free - Siri will seemingly interpret your speech incorrectly and insert random words. But other than having to speak a little slower and clearer and trying to avoid background noise, I have been pleased with apple car play and Siri integration.
Me too, many disparaging comments but I think it's a good option. I think the misinterpreted texts are hilarious.