F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > CA called me to interrogate my about my survey
Studio RSR

06-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #67
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Cai View Post
I would be mad too if my CA calls me for the survey scores. On the other hand, OP might took too serious when filling out the survey.
He did, but he didn't realize just how those surveys are weighted.

Here's a good write up about them:
http://blogs.motortrend.com/car-sale...wer-27141.html
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #68
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
Unbelievably, BMW NA has just contacted me over email to followup on telephone about "my recent survey answers".
I'd do a telephone call and tell them what utter bullsh!t their survey is.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #69
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi S5 Sportback

Apparently few here appreciate the irony of BMW using money built into the cost of your car in order to avoid getting any real feedback. This phenomenon is so irrational and so customer unfriendly that it cries out for a good investigation. How did it even get started? What purpose does it serve?
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #70
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
Do they get dinged if you just don't respond to the survey? I forget most of the time on these.
no, theres no negative consequences if you dont respond.
      06-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #71
Shahdog
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i mSport Sedan E90 N55

Garage List
2011 335i  [8.66]
Crazy

He can't act like that

Possibly tell
Bmw financial

Lot of BMW dealerships out there
Lux H8 , HID Fog lights 5k
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #72
Brobbo
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320D Msport

Is this survey system here in the UK too?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #73
olinjohnston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i & 1994 840Ci

The CSI model is totally corrupt.

I have seen customers hold the survey at ransom to squeeze freebies out of a salesperson after the deal was done.

Anything less than 10s (even on things that have NOTHING to do with the person you're scoring) is considered failure. If you give a 9, you take money out of their pockets, and yet there is no better place to give a dealer honest feedback.

It's a ridiculous system, and the customers that get the furthest give all 10s first, then ask favors later. Those are the people who get their way.

And threatening a bad survey... They appreciate the warning and will not have one send out to you.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #74
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BWM 435GC

Update: BMW NA called me this morning to discuss my survey. I talked to them about the iDrive bugs I've experienced including an egregious one with nav that causes routing errors in Seattle.

Also talked to them about the survey mechanism itself and how flawed it is. I didn't bother to mention my CA calling me, as I didn't see it serving any purpose other than perhaps getting the guy fired and that's the last thing I'd want to happen.

After talking for about 10 mins, the BMW NA rep said:

"Ok. Good. If you have anything else, please call our 1-800 #. Anything else I can help you with today?"

After everything I shared, that's all she had to say. Clearly they don't give a sh*t and/or the person calling has no authority to do anything with my feedback.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #75
CaliCanadian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 A4 / 2015 Alpina B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
Update: BMW NA called me this morning to discuss my survey. I talked to them about the iDrive bugs I've experienced including an egregious one with nav that causes routing errors in Seattle.

Also talked to them about the survey mechanism itself and how flawed it is. I didn't bother to mention my CA calling me, as I didn't see it serving any purpose other than perhaps getting the guy fired and that's the last thing I'd want to happen.

After talking for about 10 mins, the BMW NA rep said:

"Ok. Good. If you have anything else, please call our 1-800 #. Anything else I can help you with today?"

After everything I shared, that's all she had to say. Clearly they don't give a sh*t and/or the person calling has no authority to do anything with my feedback.
Probably has no authority to do anything with your feedback, and can only really pass it along. Also probably they don't know anything related to the problem, since most of the people taking those calls probably have very minimal knowledge about BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #76
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital
I recently filled out a BMW customer satisfaction survey sent to me over email.

During my close of the car, my CA mentioned to me quite a few times that he needed high survey scores. No problem to me, I was pretty satisfied across the board. He also said explicit "if you leave me a good review on yelp, I'll get you a gift from the accessories shop when you come in next".

Survey came and I gave my CA almost all high marks. Dinged him on a few questions with legit answers to questions like these: "Did your CA schedule a BMW encore appointment before you left?"

I also answered less than stellar on the question about the time it took me to walk in and finish paperwork. Answer choices were time ranges with the best being "30 mins or less". There is no way I was done in 30 mins, I was in the waiting room for 30 mins before I even got to see the car!

In the end, I was very fair and actually gave him slightly higher marks than I otherwise would have. Hey, he gave me a great deal so I'll boost my answers a bit.

A few days later, I get a call *on the weekend* when I'm with my family. Caller ID shows its my CA. I answer the phone no idea why he's calling (I didn't link it to the survey at all).

He proceeds to ask me why I filled my survey out like I did, then said 90% rating wasn't "good" and:

- he is "basically losing money on the sale now"
- he is "losing $500 due to an imperfect score"

At first I'm sympathetic telling him I gave him high marks but truthfully answered the questions. I also said I didn't think all the questions applied to him because some of them were about finance paperwork and how in the world he could be responsible for that.

He proceeds to tell me his boss asked him "what's happened with _____? His survey came in low on you".

We were on the phone for probably ten minutes and I got increasingly frustrated and eventually said "it's awkward and out of place you're calling me on a weekend. In fact, you shouldn't even be calling me at all with this".

Even better he goes on to say that "he doesn't really feel good about getting me an accessory anymore" and "but if I want it still, a deal is a deal".

Up until this point I was actually very happy with my experience. However after this, I'm totally soured on it and in fact I'm angry.

Anyone else have a crazy post survey follow up like this?

(I'm intentionally not mentioning the dealer or the CA. I don't want this to be a personal attack on the person or dealership)
I see this both ways.

BMW has allowed the survey system to come off the rails.

In the end, corrupt surveys only hurt the customer. If BMW touts that every customer is satiated within 30 minutes of walking in the the center when it's based on lies, then that means we all wait longer.
Appreciate 0