F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Remote & Connected Apps in Canada HELP
Studio RSR

08-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #111
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

I was able to add my VIN today however the code was sent to my car twice, which I couldn't get to work and now I don't get any new codes even though I select resend code.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #112
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Try removing the vehicle and then starting over again.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #113
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Thanks 33! Got mine up and running today including the BMW Remote app with the new setup. Had to delete my old connection to the car and re-enter it but no biggie.

A few questions/comments...

1) any idea on timing on the new Connected Drive app? How will it differ from the BMW Remote app currently?

2) I have also been able now to send a location from the BMW Remote app map to the car. Yeah!!! Not sure if you are looking for feedback on this feature though, but it would be nice if when you click on the message that was received if you had a choice to add it to favourites or navigate to the destination. I would like to send a number of waypoints to the car in preparation for a trip and not navigate to each one as I click on them.

3) Further to above, do you know if there are plans to add a system to send routes to the car and not just waypoints? I like to plan very specific routes when I travel in order to hit POIs I have researched or twisty roads or whatever so direct routing from point to point doesn't work well for me, and I'm sure others who like to plan trips and not just get there as soon as possible. There is the BMW Route Planning tool in Europe which works great (used it on my European Delivery in May) so would be nice if we had something similar.

Not sure how much of this is your domain but any insight would be great!

Thanks again
Hi Mike

New Connected App for Canada will be October. We will have the same functionality as what is currently available for the US market.

This video is a little dated, but gives a good overview:

The POI search and send to vehicle functionality was fixed as of Monday. However it only works if you have setup and mapped your vehicle in the new system.

In terms of the email you got about the new Connected App. We got your email and understand your frustration. This is one of the joys of adapting a European system to Canada. We have raised a high priority ticket to look at ways to resolve this.

The ability to send routes to the vehicle will be part of the Connected App and be included in a service called Connected+.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #114
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Hi Mike

New Connected App for Canada will be October. We will have the same functionality as what is currently available for the US market.

The POI search and send to vehicle functionality was fixed as of Monday. However it only works if you have setup and mapped your vehicle in the new system.

The ability to send routes to the vehicle will be part of the Connected App and be included in a service called Connected+.
Awesome stuff! Thanks again for your help and very informative posts!!

Seeing the app will be October, I assume it likely has to do with the release of iOS 12 in the fall. Can't wait to be able to use third party nav apps on CarPlay with iOS 12 as well!. That video was informative...thanks.

Yes, POI search and send works well now. Tell me one thing though, in the Remote app, on the map page, there are three icons...first is satellite view, I assume the middle one is center MY LOCATION on the map, but is the third FIND THE CAR on the map? If so, its not working. I am at work now and when I hit that third icon it zooms in on home.

So, Connected+, will that be a paid service? Do you know if it will be included for those who have newer cars still under the timeframe of all the other apps for free? If not, any idea on pricing yet? I tell you, if I can plan routes on the app or, even better, from Google Maps on my laptop and then send routes, I will be the happiest pig in poop you've ever met!

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:19 PM   #115
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
Try removing the vehicle and then starting over again.
Yeah that function doesn't work (it just collapses the area on the page vs remove the car)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #116
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funwithdesign View Post
Yeah that function doesn't work (it just collapses the area on the page vs remove the car)
I think I know what you mean. It still should allow you to add the car again though? I went through this yesterday a few times: code not working, delete car, add car, request code, code not working, and so on.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #117
Hybrid330e
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport F30 LCI

Quote:
I was able to add my VIN today however the code was sent to my car twice, which I couldn't get to work and now I don't get any new codes even though I select resend code.
Same happened to me!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #118
Kobylash
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp 6MT

I'm also encountering the issue where the website throws an error when trying to verify the security code. Requesting a new code after the error does not seem to work either, however removing the car and re-adding it allows me to get a new code.

So far I've tried twice and gotten the error both times. Has anyone else in the same scenario had it eventually work or am I wasting my time retrying?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #119
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobylash View Post
I'm also encountering the issue where the website throws an error when trying to verify the security code. Requesting a new code after the error does not seem to work either, however removing the car and re-adding it allows me to get a new code.

So far I've tried twice and gotten the error both times. Has anyone else in the same scenario had it eventually work or am I wasting my time retrying?
I think it's still incredibly buggy. I finally was able to remove my car but now it tells me I don't have the mobile services available to add my car back.

I understand the difficulty they have had to port this to Canada but I can't believe that this would get through QA and they would release something so defective.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #120
Kobylash
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp 6MT

Quote:
I think it's still incredibly buggy. I finally was able to remove my car but now it tells me I don't have the mobile services available to add my car back.

I understand the difficulty they have had to port this to Canada but I can't believe that this would get through QA and they would release something so defective.
Working in software development myself I can imagine the difficulty of what they're trying to accomplish but these issues are not minor and I'm also very surprised they passed QA.

To me it seems like BMW gave the project a pretty limited budget and the team is doing the best they can with what they have. I guess we should be grateful BMW finally got around to doing anything at all for us up here after letting it go for so long.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #121
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobylash View Post
Working in software development myself I can imagine the difficulty of what they're trying to accomplish but these issues are not minor and I'm also very surprised they passed QA.

To me it seems like BMW gave the project a pretty limited budget and the team is doing the best they can with what they have. I guess we should be grateful BMW finally got around to doing anything at all for us up here after letting it go for so long.
I agree with the budget part and I feel for the development team as I'm sure they are under resourced and under-supported and are working under touch circumstances.

However I don't feel like we should be grateful at all, this is a multi billion dollar global company that is selling cars costing up to $200k, not some small start-up with limited resources. And it's not like Canada is a third world country with no infrastructure.

I think it's a pretty piss poor customer experience and this is coming from someone who is on their 5th BMW. Anyway fingers crossed this gets fixed soon, I also paid a pretty penny for the extended subscription to ConnectedDrive and would like to get my money's worth.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #122
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Will all this bells and whistles be available only on NBT EVO, or NBT guys will get at least app store as well?
      08-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #123
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
Will all this bells and whistles be available only on NBT EVO, or NBT guys will get at least app store as well?
The new Connected App is backwards compatible with all MY14 and new vehicles that have an active ConnectedDrive account.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #124
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The new Connected App is backwards compatible with all MY14 and new vehicles that have an active ConnectedDrive account.
Would you be able to look into why it is telling me I don't have "mobile network facility"?

I'm basically now unable to add my car (even though this part worked the other day)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #125
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! Btw, the new app is functioning too, at least partially
      08-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #126
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep

Cross posting.

I'm finally in!

But it shows the wrong subscription (Essential) while I actually subscribe to the Professional package.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 10:50 PM   #127
X3_n_Golf
Rep
Drives: 328d Black Sapphire 2014

Not able to register my car with the security code.
In my account, I can see my car, cannot delete it to restart.
Tried multiple times with ipad or laptop.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 03:08 PM   #128
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

I have a <first name><last name initial>@bmw.com account username and password combo that used to work for remote and canada portal but not on USA portal.

Should I use that to reset the password?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #129
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
I have a <first name><last name initial>@bmw.com account username and password combo that used to work for remote and canada portal but not on USA portal.

Should I use that to reset the password?
So I tried my personal email which exists in USA portal and it said I couldn’t use it since it exists on another bmw sites.

I tried resetting my @bmw.com email address which my car has an active account on and I never received the login reset link.

Then I tried adding a new account with my work address and that worked but I couldn’t add the car it keeps saying:

“This vehicle does not have a mobile network facility. This means that it cannot be added to your account.

But it does. It’s a 2011 m3 with working combox because canada still has 2G service. Ideally if my bmw.com account could work on this portal that would be great or if I could add my vin to the work email account I just created.

Canadian33 please help!

Edit: spoke to CD rep they will change my bmw.com email to the new account and hopefully move the car over. In all likelihood they will break something, but we shall see. Really liking the new portal by the way! Kudos

Last edited by The-Traveler; 08-22-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #130
IanFS
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Garage List
2016 X3  [0.00]
Connected just died

My Connected app was working fine then last Friday no connection to Internet and now when I try the connected app with the cable no joy. I tried diagnostics but it just gets the connection then dies. Strangely enough the Maps on the Remote app now work where as they didn’t before.
I also lost live traffic etc.
Anyone else the same?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 12:49 AM   #131
ccae92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36

Beta testers?

Really appreciate this thread; thanks for all the insider info, Canadian33.

If BMW Canada is looking for beta testers for the new system before official rollout, I'm sure a lot of us in the forum would be up for that... I know I would!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 02:54 PM   #132
Doruk
Rep
Drives: 2013 528XI

Hello,

same with some other people. i registered for the new site. tried to add my car. got the code however, there was an error adding the car on the website. tries removing the ar to add it again with no luck ...
Furthermore,

i cannot login to bmw remote app with my credidentials from the www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca site. any idea how i can login to this?

thank you
Appreciate 0