F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Connected Drive Renewal
Extreme Powerhouse

05-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #23
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32-435i View Post
Thanks. Yes, I do see the Pin and the blue Arrow you are referring to, selecting this take me to the Information with the destination address: But no option for "send to vehicle" is available.

I did submit a password change request to remoteapp.password@bmwgroup.ca as well hoping it had to do something with my profile.
I've got my password and was able to login (thank you, canadian33!).

I have an option to send an address to the vehicle.

You can check list of available services in the settings:
      05-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #24
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Glad I could help.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #25
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Glad I could help.
I and i think most people search for POI using google map app. But iOS version and any other version beside desktop browser, can't send to car directly. Using remote app(old legacy one) is too much trouble. New connected app have this extension, u can share google map location to connected app, then to car. But obviously canadian users are out of luck now. Any other way to send to car? Other than remote app?
      05-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #26
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Unfortunately not. If you are using a mobile device then it would need to be through the BMW Remote app. If on a computer than you can use google maps.

You mention the remote app is too much trouble. Can you elaborate? The Map interface in the Remote App is Google and since your vehicle is already connected to the App it knows where to send the destination.

The new Connected App should be available for Canada by mid 2018.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #27
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
btw, is ConnectedDrive Store coming as well? I guess it's what we need to run IFTTT applets?
      05-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #28
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately not. If you are using a mobile device then it would need to be through the BMW Remote app. If on a computer than you can use google maps.

You mention the remote app is too much trouble. Can you elaborate? The Map interface in the Remote App is Google and since your vehicle is already connected to the App it knows where to send the destination.

By trouble, I mean I have to search for POI again in the remote app. Most people search, save POI in google's map app. It will be one extra step, search again in remote app, then send to car. Plus, opening the remote app need either passwd or fingerprint touch id on iOS. too many steps for a simple task.

P.S. can u use quote and reply function when u respond to my post? Easier and quicker( push notification) for me to see. Thanks...
      05-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #29
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
btw, is ConnectedDrive Store coming as well? I guess it's what we need to run IFTTT applets?
Yes, once the back end migration is completed we will be able to introduce the ConnectedDrive Store along with the new Connected App.
Appreciate 2
      05-13-2017, 10:03 PM   #30
Eddie_435i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive

Hey canadian33 . I have a question about using the "BMW Remote" app. In the past when I first got my car, I was able to register my VIN and use the app. My car is a 2014 435i. After some time, I kinda stopped using the app. Recently, I tried to install the app back onto my phone and register my vehicle. When I enter the last 7 digits as prompted by the app, I get an error that reads:

"The vehicle cannot be added to your account. This vehicle does not have a mobile network facility. This means that it cannot be added to your account."

This is a strange error because I have added this vehicle to my account in the past so I'm not sure why it won't work. My vehicle was purchased with the ConnectedDrive package (although expired now). However, I tried doing this long before my services were expired and received the same error. Is there anything I'm missing?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #31
Smartpat
Rep
Drives: F34

Quote:
p.s. Oh! Another cool ConnectedDrive feature - service request to your dealer! Request sent - never received a call back.
I made a service request thru ConnectedDrive about two months ago, more for fun because I was told it won't work a year ago. Surprisingly I got a call from my dealership (Autohaus) saying that they got the request and it is time for oil change.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #32
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_435i View Post
Hey canadian33 . I have a question about using the "BMW Remote" app. In the past when I first got my car, I was able to register my VIN and use the app. My car is a 2014 435i. After some time, I kinda stopped using the app. Recently, I tried to install the app back onto my phone and register my vehicle. When I enter the last 7 digits as prompted by the app, I get an error that reads:

"The vehicle cannot be added to your account. This vehicle does not have a mobile network facility. This means that it cannot be added to your account."

This is a strange error because I have added this vehicle to my account in the past so I'm not sure why it won't work. My vehicle was purchased with the ConnectedDrive package (although expired now). However, I tried doing this long before my services were expired and received the same error. Is there anything I'm missing?
Hey, I would need the last 7 of you VIN to look into the status of your account.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #33
Eddie_435i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive

Quote:
Hey, I would need the last 7 of you VIN to look into the status of your account.
PM'd. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #34
KGB_123_99
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 330ix M-Sport, '09 528ix

Quote:
When you search for a destination in the maps section of the Remote App, you will see pins on the map that correspond to the results. If you click on a pin it will pop up with the name and a blue arrow. Clicking on this will take you to a different screen where "send to vehicle" is displayed. This will send that location to your car.

Also, you can change your ConnectedDrive password. You need to send an email to remoteapp.password@bmwgroup.ca and include your VIN, current ConnectedDrive username and the new password that you want.

This is only until the new online tool is implemented.
Thank you! I was trying to figure out for a few days how to reset my password and neither the dealer or BMW Assist could help. This was much easier than expected!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #35
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99 View Post
Thank you! I was trying to figure out for a few days how to reset my password and neither the dealer or BMW Assist could help. This was much easier than expected!
The email method is not ideal, but is much easier than what we had. Again this is only meant to be a temporary solution. We hope to have an online portal available by July and then further enhancements by mid 2018.

Glad you were able to get your account reset and are able to use the remote app.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #36
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The email method is not ideal, but is much easier than what we had. Again this is only meant to be a temporary solution. We hope to have an online portal available by July and then further enhancements by mid 2018.

Glad you were able to get your account reset and are able to use the remote app.
Quote:
Quote:

Is online portal available now???
      07-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #37
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
We are in the process of testing and make changes based on some bugs that we found.

We hope to go live this month.

I will post within the forum to let the community know that there is a new ConnectedDrive tool for customers in Canada.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #38
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
We are in the process of testing and make changes based on some bugs that we found.

We hope to go live this month.

I will post within the forum to let the community know that there is a new ConnectedDrive tool for customers in Canada.
Haha, Do you guys need another extra set of hand? I am a developer myself and will be thrilled to join BMW
      07-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #39
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha, Do you guys need another extra set of hand? I am a developer myself and will be thrilled to join BMW
I bet they don't do it in house, but outsource someone.
      07-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #40
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I bet they don't do it in house, but outsource someone.
Haha, that explain why it is so out dated
      07-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #41
sj22
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14 F15 50I

Quote:
Yes, once the back end migration is completed we will be able to introduce the ConnectedDrive Store along with the new Connected App.
Hey any update? I just bought a 2014 Canadian car and need to renew connecteddrive, thx!! I don't have the best of SA do hate to goto a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #42
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:

Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, is BMW Canada even aware that the BMW Remote app for Android does not work on Android 7 (any iteration (7.0/7.1/7.1.1) which is now the majority of newer devices? We have none of this functionality. Is there at least a plan, as a stopgap, to get the app working again?

Quote:
You may not be able to answer (or may smartly choose not to answer) but is this an outside date or an "if everything goes according to plan" date? In other words, might we see it earlier?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 11:10 PM   #43
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Android users must struggle. Sorry.
      07-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #44
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Thanks for that ... I was asking canadian33 because he is obviously an insider and connected to the group responsible for ConnectedDrive for BMW Canada. My question was simple ... do they know that Android users have been without functionality for almost a year and is there a plan to address that in the interim. Your post is not particularly helpful.
Appreciate 0