F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Can Seat Cooling Be Retrofitted?
proTUNING Freaks

08-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #23
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

I found ceramic window tinting works real well. I had that done on my car this spring. Many summer days it is near 100 here in Louisiana and with my new window tinting and a front window shade, it is rarely too hot in the car and that solves a lot of issues with a sweaty back.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 10:22 PM   #24
//Melon
Designer, Builder, Thrasher of Tires.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1987 BMW 325, 2014 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
I found ceramic window tinting works real well. I had that done on my car this spring. Many summer days it is near 100 here in Louisiana and with my new window tinting and a front window shade, it is rarely too hot in the car and that solves a lot of issues with a sweaty back.
+1 for ceramic.

Louisiana?
Where are you located? Baton Rouge here.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 06:49 AM   #25
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by //Melon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
+1 for ceramic.

Louisiana?
Where are you located? Baton Rouge here.
I'm in Shreveport. But I do travel a lot within the state and region because of business as well as for my kids traveling soccer activities. So I am frequently in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, etc. Sort of a boring drive from Shreveport heading south because I have done it so often, but at least on I49 and I10 it is smooth sailing most of the time. 190 is sort of challenging from time to time. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 07:43 AM   #26
J555
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 340iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
It also may be worth considering making the switch to Alcantara or cloth seats as well.
Exactly, the M Sport alcantara/fabric seats cause no sweating. Retrofitting these or exchanging only the seats covers (oem or aftermarket) should be much easier than fitting ventilated seats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #27
//Melon
Designer, Builder, Thrasher of Tires.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1987 BMW 325, 2014 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by J555 View Post
Exactly, the M Sport alcantara/fabric seats cause no sweating. Retrofitting these or exchanging only the seats covers (oem or aftermarket) should be much easier than fitting ventilated seats.
Those are lovely.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 01:48 AM   #28
oceanview
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.

I've just seen that the new 4-series comes with a vented seat option for about 900.- Euros (~1000.- US$)
X3 already has it as an option.
So hopefully we will see that in the new 3-series as well (LCI?)

The seat manufacturer Recaro offers a seat replacement for the F3x series with a vented seat.
Look for a dealer near you: https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/?&setLang=1
335i F31 RWD in SB || Powertrain: Active Autowerke Flash Tune Stage 1 | AA Charge Pipe | AA FMIC | GFB DV+ | xHD Trans-Flash | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips || Chassis: 20" 405M | Wiechers Strut Bar | Rear M-Diffusor || Brakes: 18" M-Perf Brake orange 370/345 | EBC YellowStuff pads all around || Various: LED bulbs: Fog-L. front | Turn Signal f&r | Brake L. | Reverse L. | Rear L. | Rear Fog L.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #29
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
I've just seen that the new 4-series comes with a vented seat option for about 900.- Euros (~1000.- US$)
X3 already has it as an option.
So hopefully we will see that in the new 3-series as well (LCI?)

The seat manufacturer Recaro offers a seat replacement for the F3x series with a vented seat.
Look for a dealer near you: https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/?&setLang=1
I researched Recaros about a year ago. Gotta really look at what features the BMW seats have to make that wouldn't be losing features if moving to Recaro. If I remember correctly, the only way to keep all my seat features was just one Recaro model that was really expensive
Appreciate 0