F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Reputable Replica Dealer
Extreme Powerhouse

02-25-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
340i_f30
Rep
Drives: 340i

Reputable Replica Dealer

I know the pros and cons of OEM vs replica and the risks associated with going with a replica wheel.

My issue if that they don't really make an OEM black wheel that fits my needs in an 18" square. I have an xDrive and what to use my stock tires because they are brand new.

Curious if anyone on here bought a set of replicas and which vendor they used and if the experience was good or bad. Name of vendor, wheel type, and miles would be super helpful!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
swomerva
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe

While not 18s or square I ordered 728m reps from OEM concepts and am super happy with the finish and quality of the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 340i_f30 View Post
I know the pros and cons of OEM vs replica and the risks associated with going with a replica wheel.

My issue if that they don't really make an OEM black wheel that fits my needs in an 18" square. I have an xDrive and what to use my stock tires because they are brand new.

Curious if anyone on here bought a set of replicas and which vendor they used and if the experience was good or bad. Name of vendor, wheel type, and miles would be super helpful!
Not sure if I fully understand your post. The word replica leads me to assume that you like the design of your stock wheels, but would prefer another color and are afraid that aftermarket copies may be of poor quality.

If by "replica" you just mean aftermarket wheels there are plenty of high quality wheels available.

You can get original wheels powder coated in any finish that you like. Probably takes a week turnaround time or less if you schedule in advance with a local shop. Rent/borrow/Uber a cheap car for a week while wheels are being done.

If it's a common wheel like an 18" set of BMW 400M style, you can purchase a used set for $300-$600 depending on condition. Powder coat and then sell your originals.

IMO don't be too attached to stock runflat 18" tires. They handle poorly and ride harshly. You may not realize since you have nothing to compare. Sell them now while they are new and may be worth something to someone

If you are in DC you don't get much snow. Whatever you decide to do about wheels, get a set of all season Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 245/45-18. You will be amazed at the improvement in both handling and comfort!
Appreciate 1
exE36M3487.50
      02-25-2020, 06:34 PM   #4
340i_f30
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swomerva View Post
While not 18s or square I ordered 728m reps from OEM concepts and am super happy with the finish and quality of the wheels.
How many miles do you have on them? Have you hit any pot holes or ride on particularly rough roads? I'm more concerned about how they will hold up. Biggest warning I hear on some aftermarket tires is they crack or bend easy.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #5
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

What about OEM refurb wheels?

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/701/bmw_wheels_rims.html
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:07 AM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I have used OEMConcepts (forum vendor) for (2) sets of rep wheels that I use on daily basis - 437M Black/Machined Staggered 19" & 763M Gray Staggered 19"

Both sets are of good quality, with no runout problems or extreme amount of weight to balance correctly on HRF machine & have served me well over the years
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 08:35 AM   #7
swomerva
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe

Quote:
How many miles do you have on them? Have you hit any pot holes or ride on particularly rough roads? I'm more concerned about how they will hold up. Biggest warning I hear on some aftermarket tires is they crack or bend easy.
I just had them put on so only like 50 miles as I don't drive a whole lot. Not a long term review but they balanced perfectly on a hunter roadforce balancer. They're cast so probably wont be as durable as a forged wheel but I do my best to avoid pot holes. That being said, if I did city driving in the northeast every day, I would look in to some sort of tire and tire and wheel protection program regardless of wheel type. That way when you inevitably hit a giant sink hole on the Jersey Turnpike your tow and repair is covered.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Thousands of miles on mine as these are on my DD

Crappy roads here in PA, obviously dodge the holes as best as I can, but have hit several with low profile 19's and they have taken all in stride with no damage

Even a BMW forged rim can be bent depending on hit - I had to replace an OEM forged 1X for just this reason...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #9
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Cheap Chinese replicas for $499 a set on Ebay will bend and crack easily. Those things are like cement bricks.

Our wheels are low-pressure cast, same construction as OEM BMW cast wheels. Our reputation for quality speaks for itself. We've been selling on this forum for 11 years and never had an issue with build quality!

Check your inbox
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #10
ntailor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, X7 M60i

my winter wheels are from "oemconcept" and no issues
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #11
335modster
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

I have been having difficulties receiving my order from OEM concept placed on Jan 21st. Has anyone gotten their order recently? [IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0