F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Suggestions to get a last check from dealer before warranty expires?
ARMA SPEED

10-12-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
Ifellapart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Suggestions to get a last check from dealer before warranty expires?

Hey yall

like the title states, my extended warranty is up this November. I've been wanting to take the car in to the dealer and have them do kind of a thorough look over the car.

I initially was going to tell them just that, but I read a post recently about someone trying the same thing and the dealer stating they could not look over the car unless there's a complaint they need to look into.

Any ideas on what I can write as a "complaint" so they'll look over different parts of the car?

The car's been running okay, no codes or anything, with the expiration date approaching though I've been more anxious about something going wrong with the car.
      10-12-2020, 12:39 PM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

How many miles does your car have at the moment?

What maintenance services have been performed to-date?

Some owners with B58 engine reported coolant loss over time. Worth making a note.

Certain BMW dealer in OC (I-5 and Lake Forest Drive) does detailed inspections at a very reasonable price or even free if the vehicle is under warranty. I just had mine done before the factory warranty expired in mid September.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

The dealer isn't going to want to do "unnecessary" repairs at warranty rates. I'd highly recommend taking it to a local German car shop for an inspection and take that report to the BMW dealership.

Sometimes independent shops will do a free inspection with an oil change. Do you need an oil change?
      10-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #4
Ifellapart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
How many miles does your car have at the moment?

What maintenance services have been performed to-date?

Some owners with B58 engine reported coolant loss over time. Worth making a note.

Certain BMW dealer in OC (I-5 and Lake Forest Drive) does detailed inspections at a very reasonable price or even free if the vehicle is under warranty. I just had mine done before the factory warranty expired in mid September.
Car is a 2016 and is about to hit 40k miles. i bought it certified pre owned last January with around 28k miles on it and have done two oil changes around the 5k mile range. I did have low coolant twice and took it in twice. they pressure tested it and showed up fine, they just filled the hot side tank up. I think its the cap cause it doesn't seem to tighten up very well.

I'll have to just give it a shot and ask if they'll do an inspection. I'm in OC too. I've taken it to crevier and do not like their service. I've heard good things about the irvine one tho
      11-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #5
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Our annual promo is coming up this Black Friday weekend starting Nov 27th 12AM EST and ending Monday Nov 30th 11:59pm EST. Inquire with any of our Authorized Dealers for various product bundles and promos with bootmod3 included or use BF2020 on our website to purchase. Code valid Nov 27-Nov 30 2020
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:43 AM   #6
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post
The dealer isn't going to want to do "unnecessary" repairs at warranty rates. I'd highly recommend taking it to a local German car shop for an inspection and take that report to the BMW dealership.

Sometimes independent shops will do a free inspection with an oil change. Do you need an oil change?
Yeah I have a buddy that works at an Acura dealership but has worked on all kinds of German cars. I take it to him first, have him check it out, then take his report to BMW and ask them nicely to look at those items. If you don't have a "buddy", taking it to an independent shop is your next best bet.
Appreciate 0