F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F32:ChargePipe Question
ARMA SPEED

10-13-2021, 09:10 PM   #1
StealthF32
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 xDrive M-Sport

F32:ChargePipe Question

BMW owners & enthusiast

Hopefully someone can help me out...in addition to changing the OEM charge pipe, which I'm considering going with VRSF...is there any other precautionary or preemptive components to consider (intercooler, downpipe, etc)....if there's no intention of going to any other "performance" enhancements (not tracking or doing bootmode)?

*Essentially looking to get any additional components, done at the same time as the charge pipe

**Posted the question in my country of origin, but haven't heard any feedback, so attempting here
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #2
drapzzy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthF32 View Post
BMW owners & enthusiast

Hopefully someone can help me out...in addition to changing the OEM charge pipe, which I'm considering going with VRSF...is there any other precautionary or preemptive components to consider (intercooler, downpipe, etc)....if there's no intention of going to any other "performance" enhancements (not tracking or doing bootmode)?

*Essentially looking to get any additional components, done at the same time as the charge pipe

**Posted the question in my country of origin, but haven't heard any feedback, so attempting here
there is always the other side of the intercooler which is the inlet pipe that can be changed out for reliability if you want to tune your car I would recommend a downpipe and an upgraded intercooler. please let me know if you have any other questions
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 07:33 AM   #3
StealthF32
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drapzzy View Post
there is always the other side of the intercooler which is the inlet pipe that can be changed out for reliability if you want to tune your car I would recommend a downpipe and an upgraded intercooler. please let me know if you have any other questions
Appreciate the feedback!! Primary function, will be utilized as daily (no plans of tuning in the short term),but I'll definitely consider the inlet pipe, charge pipe & the "mickey-mouse" flange (after doing some further research) - - which connects the cylinder head to the thermostat hose.

With those 3 changes, should be rock-solid...thanks once again for reaching out!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #4
drapzzy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Appreciate the feedback!! Primary function, will be utilized as daily (no plans of tuning in the short term),but I'll definitely consider the inlet pipe, charge pipe & the "mickey-mouse" flange (after doing some further research) - - which connects the cylinder head to the thermostat hose.

With those 3 changes, should be rock-solid...thanks once again for reaching out!!
yea no problem another key thing to consider is make sure your on top of your maintence
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 02:49 PM   #5
StealthF32
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drapzzy View Post
yea no problem another key thing to consider is make sure your on top of your maintence
No doubt, I don't play around when it comes to maintenance!!

It doesn't matter what you have/drive, it's how you maintain-it!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #6
drapzzy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
No doubt, I don't play around when it comes to maintenance!!

It doesn't matter what you have/drive, it's how you maintain-it!!
100% agree
Appreciate 0