F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > Hi
Studio RSR

07-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #1
KathF
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d Xdrive M Sport Touri

Hi

Hi new to forum and BMW
Does anyone own a BMW 330d Xdrive M Sport Touring , if so anyone able to take a pic of space under the boot carpet, and would a spare fit

If not where on the car can a spare wheel go,
If using a space saver what size would be needed if the car has
M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
19 RFT 403 M light Star-spoke alloys
I think i read with the blue calipers they need to have a bigger wheel to fit over?

Also I declined the gap and tyre ins extras from dealer as they were trying to get me to sign up for them but hadnt even asked me any questions or quoted me the costs, they simply filled the answers in and sent me a form to sign which i felt a tad sneaky

Anyways is this worth getting separately?
would the tyre and alloy ins cover the 403M wheels and RFT?

would it be worth swapping to non RFT and having a spare

I come across the dynaplug but asking dyna if they are good for RFT the US person and site said yes they work on RFT and recommended the most expensive stainless steel one they have,
But then the UK guy said they dont recommend them on RFT as it would need too much force to push through the tyre, so now dont know if they are any good despite claiming they would work on the dyna site

so there we go, any help for an inexperienced newbie would be appreciated

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 02:54 PM   #2
Techno 9000
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435D Estoril Blue

Hi Kath,

Welcome.

Haven't got a 3 series Touring myself, but I don't think you have anywhere under the floor big enough for a spare wheel (I'm presuming its an F30, especially since you mention 403 wheels.).

I've had a look at spacesaver spare wheels, but have yet to buy. You certainly do need to make certain its capable of fitting over brakes fitted with the M-Sport kit (Blue callipers). I saw a supplier on ebay who sold a kit with steel wheel, spacesaver, jack and carry case.

I've got a tyre plug kit in the boot of my 435xd.

You might get responses from more UK based members on the UK section of the forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #3
KathF
Registered
Rep

Hi thanks for the response, its an F31 but no idea what that means
ill try figure how to move the post , ty
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
There is no space under the cargo space for a spare tire.

Check this thread for an option...https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=911455
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Also do a search in the Wheels and Tires section, and read this: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1845899
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 04:22 PM   #6
Techno 9000
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435D Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathF View Post
Hi thanks for the response, its an F31 but no idea what that means
ill try figure how to move the post , ty
Ah yes F31 is the designation for the Touring version of the F30 (Saloon).
Not sure that you can move a post, perhaps the admins can, but we're a friendly bunch on the UK section, that don't bite ( well not often!).

I don't worry about gap, wheel insurance and the like, but then I don't buy extended warranty on anything really. One day I may regret it but, coming back to the possibility of a puncture, the inconvenience (of not having a spare) is the bigger issue to me than the money to repair. A space saver is probably the best way forward but, as I said I haven't taken my own advice in the last three years of ownership.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 04:34 PM   #7
KathF
Registered
Rep

Thankyou everyone thats great help
and thanks for the warm welcome
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 05:09 AM   #8
mansete7
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D

Hello||

Hi, I just registered on the forum and I hope to learn a lot.
Greetings to all.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 07:41 AM   #9
Assassin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340d MHT xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathF View Post
Hi new to forum and BMW
Does anyone own a BMW 330d Xdrive M Sport Touring , if so anyone able to take a pic of space under the boot carpet, and would a spare fit

If not where on the car can a spare wheel go,
If using a space saver what size would be needed if the car has
M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
19 RFT 403 M light Star-spoke alloys
I think i read with the blue calipers they need to have a bigger wheel to fit over?

Also I declined the gap and tyre ins extras from dealer as they were trying to get me to sign up for them but hadnt even asked me any questions or quoted me the costs, they simply filled the answers in and sent me a form to sign which i felt a tad sneaky

Anyways is this worth getting separately?
would the tyre and alloy ins cover the 403M wheels and RFT?

would it be worth swapping to non RFT and having a spare

I come across the dynaplug but asking dyna if they are good for RFT the US person and site said yes they work on RFT and recommended the most expensive stainless steel one they have,
But then the UK guy said they dont recommend them on RFT as it would need too much force to push through the tyre, so now dont know if they are any good despite claiming they would work on the dyna site

so there we go, any help for an inexperienced newbie would be appreciated

thanks
I have an F31 335d Xdrive M sport and simply carry a decent quality 12v tyre inflator air pump. If you get a puncture the TPMS system will warn you (unless its a complete blowout which is unusual with RFTs) and you simple pull over plug it in and over inflate the tyre by a few psi and set off again remembering to reset the TPMS system so it warns you if it gets too low again......and repeat as necessary until you get it repaired / replaced. Very easy, only takes a minute and you stay clean! They are not very expensive and handy to have as Xdrives are very sensitive to even tyre wear so regular checking is vital. Very handy for other applications too. I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automo...92542237&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #10
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I have a jack, wrench, pump and a Dynaplug tire repair kit in the car, so I can fix a puncture straight away. I've done so twice. I still toss a compact spare into the trunk whenever I'm driving more than 50 miles from home. Fixing a puncture on the side of the road isn't always a viable option.
Appreciate 0