F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > F1 Season 2022
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

12-08-2022, 06:47 AM   #639
Pond
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, F31 and Z3 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
It wasn’t a corporate jolly - it was a charity event I paid to go to thanks.

Ticket sales and auction of merchandise on the evening raised 100k for Wings for Life.

Get your facts right before posting.
Never said it was. I said MINE was. Calm down, son.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 07:19 AM   #640
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Never said it was. I said MINE was. Calm down, son.
Isnt that the definition of ironic! Or an own goal...

Take your own advice Steve
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2022, 07:42 AM   #641
SR-25
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Met Karen Horner last night - very impressive campus at RBR. Had a lovely meet and greet with her

Some highlights from the Q+A at the end.....

Q. What's the one thing/rule you would ban from F1?
A1. Toto Woolf......
A2. No seriously, I have a lot of respect for Toto, what's he done with the team that Ross Brawn built was impressive......

Mercedes live rent free in his head 24/7.
Nice! I see they call it MK7 now instead of the hall of fame when i designed the network that went in it. As a campus it's brilliant, Mercedes is also really impressive too as a facility. If you can grab a tour I'd defo go. I've been lucky to work at both.

I did some sim bits and pieces before i left, for anyone wondering the one you see on TV is a creaking piece of s*** that the sponsors get to have fun in. I've also watched Stofel Vandoorne do some FE stuff in it. The other one, even the people that support the IT infrastructure that runs it don't get to see .
Appreciate 1
Ennoch2257.00
      12-08-2022, 04:52 PM   #642
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

If you think so little of Christian Horner why did you want to pose for a photo with him ?
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2022, 06:41 PM   #643
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-25 View Post
I did some sim bits and pieces before i left, for anyone wondering the one you see on TV is a creaking piece of s*** that the sponsors get to have fun in. I've also watched Stofel Vandoorne do some FE stuff in it. The other one, even the people that support the IT infrastructure that runs it don't get to see .
Proper simulators are properly expensive, and very trick. Years ago when BAR were just starting up they went to the company arm my dad was running which at the time was building simulators for the British army's new at the time Challenger (2?) tank, plus various other high profile rail and flight systems. I think even the cleaner of that place was surprised at how little BAR thought they could buy even a basic simulator for. Needless to say they walked away, got a budget simulator, and got budget results for many, many years. And that was what, 25 years ago now? I think their intended budget was in low single digit millions.

On a tangent, Gordon Brown once turned up with his entourage to have a go in the tank simulator (well, that wasn't the real purpose) and basically spent so long in it that he missed a bunch of other people he was supposed to be meeting that afternoon - when his advisor tried to pull him away his words were to the effect of 'piss off, I've just spent $200m on this, I'm going to enjoy the bloody thing for a bit'
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 01:19 AM   #644
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
If you think so little of Christian Horner why did you want to pose for a photo with him ?
It's pretty unedifying behaviour to pose with someone and then use that image and meeting to slate them on social media. I'm old fashioned of course.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 02:02 AM   #645
Techno 9000
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435D Estoril Blue

Wow.
I'm not seeing Steve 'slating' CH or indeed saying he thinks 'so little of him', merely highlighting what I see as a surprising answer to a question posed during the Q&A.

My take is, if A2 is a direct quote on what CH would ban in F1, it shows a lack of respect from one team principle to another, it could have been answered in a more thoughtful way.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 03:03 AM   #646
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno 9000 View Post
Wow.
I'm not seeing Steve 'slating' CH or indeed saying he thinks 'so little of him', merely highlighting what I see as a surprising answer to a question posed during the Q&A.

My take is, if A2 is a direct quote on what CH would ban in F1, it shows a lack of respect from one team principle to another, it could have been answered in a more thoughtful way.
There's no "wow" about it.

Several folks on here, including Steve, typically refer to Christian Horner in a demeaning manner.

Referring to someone as a different gender (Karen Horner, Whinger Spice) is a derogatory remark.

It's a sign of disrespect, pure and simple.

To then pose for a photo with the person and post it on social media is very disingenuous.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17485.50
Closed Thread