F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #1233
alex_j_5
14 335i M Sport EB II | VRSF 5" HD FMIC / CP, AWE
25
Rep
97
Posts

Drives: 335i m sport
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

How much are the custom tunes through PTF tuners once you buy the license ?
__________________
14 335i M Sport EB II | VRSF 5" HD FMIC / CP/ DP, AWE AXLEBACK, BM3 Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #1234
Grewal99
Enlisted Member
Canada
6
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2013 335xi M sport
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Brampton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewal99 View Post
Hey I updated my map today to the version 7 but for some reason my car started misfiring really bad the only code I got was 804415 but I couldn't find what that code is. I barely drove the car home it was really bad any idea what it could be I have fbo with bm3 91 octane map version 7, 2013 pwg, before I had the version 4 tune and it was okay then but after updating it misfired really bad even when I tried flashing back to version 4 it was still misfiring I also still have the stock fuel pump could it be that?
Mine is also PWG. Running great with V7. Post a log.
Found the problem, it was a clogged injector
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #1235
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
164
Rep
443
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Saskatchewan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloK View Post
The cost is irrelevant.. I've gone above and beyond to properly equip the car to what to my knowledge are the best parts possible, sometimes through trial and error.

I'm asking for advice on next steps to solve this issue. If that's means an upgraded fuel pump or a custom tune that's fine. I'm just trying to get clarification as I have yet to find a solution.

Every vendor, forum member has a different opinion and 8 revisions to my tune has yet to accomplish a smooth running engine past 4,500rpms. I usually get about 6 word response on my tune revision requests when I detail in great description what's going on.

"here try this one -v6".

What I want, is for PTF to step up and help me figure this out. I've already paid for a tune. Do I need to spend $300 to get this resolved? If that's what it takes, fine, but I doesn't sit well with me from a marketing/business model that PTF pitched me. I was an early adopter, my $300 WiFi module didn't work for the first 5 months( why release something that isn't properly supported).

The sun will rise tomorrow but it's very frustrating.

Thanks for the help.
Pete
Yeah I paid 200 for my custom tune through bimmer performance center. They promised around 395 whp and 425wtorque. He took my stock tune and modified it and that was it.
Oh what car? Ewg or pwg? Noticeably better/smoother/more power than ots?
__________________
2013 F30 335i xDrive M-Sport 6MT (FBO/BM3 custom tune by HCP, 91 oct)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #1236
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
Well think about it. What is the cool factor to have when you are showing off your car on this platform? Since you can't get a blow off valve and if you want a open intake that throws no codes you have to spend some good bit of money. The next best thing is burbles. And especially if you come from MHD where they have sliders for the burble and stuff. Yes you can say you drive a BMW and it's fast but unless you race in front of them then what are you showing off? The burbles lol. I can't blame them for wanting it but they could be more civilized about it lol
Appreciate 2
FSociety3244.00
Tchao288.00

      04-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #1237
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
370
Rep
808
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Shredmonton, Illberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
Well think about it. What is the cool factor to have when you are showing off your car on this platform? Since you can't get a blow off valve and if you want a open intake that throws no codes you have to spend some good bit of money. The next best thing is burbles. And especially if you come from MHD where they have sliders for the burble and stuff. Yes you can say you drive a BMW and it's fast but unless you race in front of them then what are you showing off? The burbles lol. I can't blame them for wanting it but they could be more civilized about it lol
I was very stoked to turn my burbles to 'off' today
Appreciate 1
PabloK416.00

      04-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #1238
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Am i wrong though lol
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #1239
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino View Post
Oh what car? Ewg or pwg? Noticeably better/smoother/more power than ots?
EWG and yea definetly better running. I can feel the extra power but although i feel it, if i was getting a actual custom tune like getting it dyno tuned or street tuned I could get a lot more power.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #1240
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
I was very stoked to turn my burbles to 'off' today
How did you turn it off?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #1241
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
F30_SixSpeed's Avatar
1099
Rep
951
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
EWG and yea definetly better running. I can feel the extra power but although i feel it, if i was getting a actual custom tune like getting it dyno tuned or street tuned I could get a lot more power.
How many revisions did they do? Only one? Can you share a log?
__________________

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #1242
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
How many revisions did they do? Only one? Can you share a log?
That was my gripe with the custom. We didn't exchange logs. He got my stock tune file and modified it and sent it to me.
I don't have good recorded log i kinda just have it mixed with some pulls and daily driving im lazy lol.

here is one
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad7dfedd10b431d0ab55b84
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #1243
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
F30_SixSpeed's Avatar
1099
Rep
951
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
That was my gripe with the custom. We didn't exchange logs. He got my stock tune file and modified it and sent it to me.
I don't have good recorded log i kinda just have it mixed with some pulls and daily driving im lazy lol.
Did you ever log your car? So you can exactly see what was changed and if any revisions are needed? Curious on boost, AFR and how your throttle angle is. Can you share log.
__________________

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:06 PM   #1244
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
Did you ever log your car? So you can exactly see what was changed and if any revisions are needed? Curious on boost, AFR and how your throttle angle is. Can you share log.
Yeah i have logs from before and logs after but their not gear pulls just me doing some WOT mixed in with regular driving.
Here is before
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad52aefd10b4357ed414595

Here is after


http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad7dfedd10b431d0ab55b84
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:06 PM   #1245
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
Honestly, just send Halim (HCP) or PTF a request for one. I find it crazy that people in the BMW world spend ridiculous money on cars, parts and then cheap out on the tune. I strongly believe the OTS maps are meant to be a tune you drive on until the tuner can schedule a custom tune for you... Not a solution to be daily driven. Seriously, just spend the $300 and get a tune for your car. I didnít mean for that to sound so brash towards you, just what I see in the BMW community. Iím coming from the world of building a handful of 4-600whp Hondaís and this is just insane to me. From what I recall in your posts, your car is pretty well modded... This will be the best $300 mod you could possibly do for your performance, drivability and longevity of your car.

Either tuner will not steer you wrong! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!
So you think a stock car with simple exhaust mods should get a custom tune?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:07 PM   #1246
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
Am i wrong though lol
The obsession with burbles is weird.
Appreciate 3
ronanz1684.00
FSociety3244.00
Tchao288.00

      04-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #1247
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
The obsession with burbles is weird.
Like i said before its a cool factor at car meets. When i go to car meets on the weekend where people run each other everyone either does donuts burnouts or rev their car to make it pop lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:32 PM   #1248
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
F30_SixSpeed's Avatar
1099
Rep
951
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
Yeah i have logs from before and logs after but their not gear pulls just me doing some WOT mixed in with regular driving.
Here is before
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad52aefd10b4357ed414595

Here is after


http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad7dfedd10b431d0ab55b84
This is on an N55 335i? How are you hitting 25+ PSI of boost on stock turbo and tmap sensor? Fuel pressure targets look funky too?
__________________

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #1249
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
164
Rep
443
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Saskatchewan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
Yeah i have logs from before and logs after but their not gear pulls just me doing some WOT mixed in with regular driving.
Here is before
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad52aefd10b4357ed414595

Here is after


http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad7dfedd10b431d0ab55b84
This is on an N55 335i? How are you hitting 25+ PSI of boost on stock turbo and tmap sensor? Fuel pressure targets look funky too?
Think it was just a weird setting in those logs that was including the ambient pressure in the total boost numbers.
__________________
2013 F30 335i xDrive M-Sport 6MT (FBO/BM3 custom tune by HCP, 91 oct)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #1250
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
This is on an N55 335i? How are you hitting 25+ PSI of boost on stock turbo and tmap sensor? Fuel pressure targets look funky too?
Bro i sent this log to the tuner and to PTF support and they both said its fine Tuner said afrs and stuff look good and PTF said you have the subtrack the ambient pressure from the boost to get the relative boost so in that log i was actually getting only around 13-14psi of boost
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:50 PM   #1251
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
F30_SixSpeed's Avatar
1099
Rep
951
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
Bro i sent this log to the tuner and to PTF support and they both said its fine Tuner said afrs and stuff look good and PTF said you have the subtrack the ambient pressure from the boost to get the relative boost so in that log i was actually getting only around 13-14psi of boost
AFR and Timing looks good. Boost looks a little low if thats the case, but more boost doesn't always mean faster so as long as it is pulling nice and you are happy with it thats all that matters. And the fact that you said it feels better then the OTS maps. I would see under the datalogging section... and click reset defaults so you can have default values in the logs. I saw a little knock on 3rd gear near redline... which isn't too good... keep an eye on that and if it keeps getting reproduced i would have them look into it.
__________________

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 1
FSociety3244.00

      04-22-2018, 08:54 PM   #1252
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
AFR and Timing looks good. Boost looks a little low if thats the case, but more boost doesn't always mean faster so as long as it is pulling nice and you are happy with it thats all that matters. And the fact that you said it feels better then the OTS maps. I would see under the datalogging section... and click reset defaults so you can have default values in the logs. I saw a little knock on 3rd gear near redline... which isn't too good... keep an eye on that and if it keeps getting reproduced i would have them look into it.
Yeah definitely feels better. Im on the OTS e30 map right now and uhh car aint liking it right now got a cel for mixture too rich so after i go through this full(damnit) tank ill go back to my custom 93 and lose power lol. Then ill do some more logging to make sure everything is good.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #1253
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino View Post
Think it was just a weird setting in those logs that was including the ambient pressure in the total boost numbers.
Yeah setting was on relative i changed it to absolute so i think i should get better logs now.
Appreciate 1
akgambino164.00

      04-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #1254
Insane435
Captain
Insane435's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

Got a chance to track my car with BM3 this weekend. It did extremely well. I had more than enough power on tap. I never thought for a second i needed more. It was a very technical course with lots of tight turns and the straight wasn't very long. However, when i needed the power, this thing had it and more.
__________________
2014 EBII 435ix - Armytrix Catback, Evolution Racewerks Downpipe - Chargepipe - Intercooler, Bootmod3, NGK 97506's, AFE Dry Filter, KW V1, Forgestar F14 19s, Potenza S-04's, M Performance Brakes, M Power Pads
2011 BSM 328ix
IG: @f32_rmacher
Appreciate 2
FSociety3244.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST