F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Disable Parking Sensor Beeping
ARMA SPEED

06-14-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
davidlunn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 440i Xdrive

Disable Parking Sensor Beeping

One of my front parking sensors intermittently thinks it's right against an object causing the system to beep rather annoyingly when I'm nowhere near any objects. I realize I can just turn off the sensors but I like using the backup camera and rear sensors. If I could just disable to the beeping then having one sensor stuck showing red on the display really wouldn't bother me. I know I can turn the volume down on IDrive but it's still surprisingly loud.

How can I code out the beeping from the parking sensors completely?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

For the beeping i have no idea.
But you could completely deactivate the front PDC.
Then the rear PDC and rear camera will still work.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:26 AM   #3
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
I accidentally found a way to stop the PDC beeps in Bimmercode.

Go to Rear Electronic Module => scroll to PDC deactivation during trailer operation

Change from 'Unassigned' to 'Active'.

I tow sometimes and thought it would be a useful feature, but apparently it requires some kind of a sensor that I don't have. Without that sensor, the car just assumes you're towing all the time and disables the PDC. The rear camera still works, but the beeping stops. I can't remember if the little colored squares still showed up or not, but I don't think so.

Note though, once you do this, you'll have to revert to an earlier backup to restore the function. Once coded, 'Active' is the only option under the trailer operation menu, and can't be changed back that way. It also will throw error codes, but won't create any visible warning lights or error messages.

I note that you still want the sensor functions without the beeps, unfortunately that's the only way I know to disable the PDC in any form by coding. I suppose you could unplug the sensors up front, but I'm pretty sure that will result in visible warnings and error messages.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 03:01 PM   #4
ST3VO
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlunn View Post
One of my front parking sensors intermittently thinks it's right against an object causing the system to beep rather annoyingly when I'm nowhere near any objects. I realize I can just turn off the sensors but I like using the backup camera and rear sensors. If I could just disable to the beeping then having one sensor stuck showing red on the display really wouldn't bother me. I know I can turn the volume down on IDrive but it's still surprisingly loud.

How can I code out the beeping from the parking sensors completely?
You can code the sensors out completely using eSys or I think Bimmercode. However you may find it's something as simple as something on the sensor, such as wax.
Appreciate 0