F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 440i Dyno - BM3 Stage 1
proTUNING Freaks

06-21-2021, 09:20 AM   #45
culpability
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidneon View Post
Have a 2017 440i w/ MPPSK and 6MT... going in today for BM3 Stage 1 tune to liven her up a bit. Apparently my only real options are choosing octane and burble level. Any thoughts/advice?

I'm usually running 91 Octane, but could easily move that up if it means significantly more power? Tank is currently full of 91. Is that a problem?

Burble level - I don't want to change it at all. It's beautiful as is with MPPSK. Minimal in Comfort Mode, and a perfect amount in Sport Mode. Assuming these can be kept the same?
You really shouldn't pay someone else to install bm3. The software is extremely idiot proof, you are basically paying someone for 30 minutes to plug something into your car, press a single button, and watch the error codes flash by.

If the car has 91 in it right now, don't flash it to 93 until you have run at least 2 full tanks of 93 to make sure all the fuel quality has been brought up. But if you have easy access to 93 and don't mind paying the premium for the better fuel, it will pull harder than the 91 tune.

You can mess with the burble settings yourself once you flash BM3 on and fiddle with 'em to your hearts content. More "Aggression" means less but louder pops, while less aggression will give you more of a gurgle. Duration controls how long the car will burble after you get off the gas; shorter will condense the noise into less time, longer will drag it out for more popcorn or gurgles depending on aggression. Once you have done the initial flash, your flashes to change minor settings like exhaust burble will take less than 5 minutes.
Appreciate 0